“good” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
toronto, on canada
“good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

again we had a groupon. the appetizer and the main dish very good. I had fried calamari (cooked perfect) and the gnocchi. disappointed in the dessert.

Visited June 2013

london
“Very enjoyable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I hesitated before going in because the decor, table cloths, wine glasses we just so nice, and I was in post workday slouch mode. But the staff were welcoming and so I stayed and I'm glad I did. At first reading the menu didn't match the surroundings: pretty much Pizza and Pasta whereas the place itself looked more like posh steaks and so on. However, a bit more study showed some very interesting starters - the olives wrapped in sausage meat were particularly tasty - and the pasta was not just the obvious spaghetti, lasagne etc. I had the gnocci in tomato and meat sauce and that was full of flavour. I didn't have dessert, but I saw what looked like a good tiramisu float by.

With a glass of wine and a tip I ended up spending nigh on $50.00 so this place certainly isn't cheap. I'll certainly go back, but ideally when I have someone special I want to eat with in a lovely dining room.

• Visited April 2013
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“amazing food and friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My friend and I had a great dinner there last night, using a LivingSocial voucher. The food was amazing - just like what we enjoyed in Italy - and the server was very friendly and helpful. We loved the setting as well - inside an old Victorian semi. We'd definitely go there again, and perhaps even to try out the patio in the summer!

• Visited March 2013
Derby
“Fantastic food and service just as good. A+++”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Sugo is a hidden gem in Toronto. With fantastic food and excellent service this restaurant is a must if you are visiting Toronto. We wil be visiting Toronto again this year this time with our whole family and absolutely intend to dine at Sugo!!

• Visited July 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent Italian food in Toronto”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for somewhere different to eat in an area that consists generally of gay bars and Chinese/Oriental restaurants and takeouts. Sugo is set back from the road in an old house and it was quite difficult to tell what it'd be like inside. But the menu looked good and so we gave it a go. We were given a warm welcome immediately and seated straight away - it was a quiet evening and there weren't many other diners. We were offered the option of the a la carte menu or the Winterlicious menu - $25 for 3 courses - so we went for the latter. We were both really impressed with the quality of the food - great mushroom pasta and meatballs in particular. The bill came to $80 for 2 of us, including 4 beers. This was one of the best Italian meals I've had in a long time. I'd definitely return if in that part of town again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere