“Spoil yourself, but bring warm socks.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Old Mill Toronto

Save Saved
You added Old Mill Toronto to your Saves list
Old Mill Toronto
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21 Old Mill Rd, Toronto, Ontario M8X 1G5, Canada (Formerly Old Mill Inn & Spa)   |
Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 141 hotels in Toronto
Toronto
“Spoil yourself, but bring warm socks.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2009

Last Thursday we stayed at the Old Mill Inn.
It's a gorgeous place with lots of history. We booked a Queen room and it was nicer than we even thought it would be. The decor was beautiful and the bed was the most comfortable bed I may have ever slept on. Everything looked clean and tidy.
The jacuzzi was great after a tasty bit of room service. The hotel provided bubble bath along with the usual shampoos, etc.
Given that we were on the first floor in the dead of winter it was a bit chilly in the room, so I'd suggest bringing warm clothes when staying in January. When we turned up the heat the vents were a bit noisy.
I have to mention that I love how the music from the cd player also gets played in the bathroom if you want it to. It was nice to be able to listen to tunes while soaking in the tub. Further note--if you want to hear the music you'll have to turn off the jacuzzi jets.
The fact that it was so quiet in our room made us feel like we were miles away from the world.
When booking there are various treats you can order and they'll put them in your room before you arrive. A nice way to surprise your spouse for his birthday! When you do arrive and have a look around, you'll receive a call asking how your room is.
The service at this place is very professional and worth the price if you want to treat yourself to a cozy get-away.
Oh, if you want to have a banquet here, I can vouch that this place is gorgeous. Went to a banquet a while back and it was beautiful.

• Liked — Beautiful room that was fun to explore
  • Disliked — Lighting was designed to make the room look cozy, but not great for heavy reading.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

542 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2008

Having enjoyed the Old Mill facility for years, often dining and even hosting our wedding reception there, we've previously frequented their spa facility with satisfaction. Our November 2008 experience however was a disappointing exception.

Our RMT greeted us with the comment "glad you've arrived early, I get to go home sooner" and it was downhill from there. Her pinchy massage technique was haphazard, unpleasant and ANYTHING but relaxing. We left feeling more tension than prior to our hour long couples massage session - single worst massage I've ever experienced.

In contrast, this past weeks massage at La Peau D'or (27 Queen St, Streetsville) was a pleasant surprise, with extremely responsive & accommodating staff achieving a perfectly relaxing massage experience at a more economical price point.

Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2008

The 4-star "Above Average" rating is for the charm of the hotel. It is located in a mini valley, and is a beautiful architecturally enticing property. The old Mill subway stop is quite near the property. However, it is at the West Side of Toronto, and a bit removed from the downtown buzz. It is more appropriately a getaway location.

I have stayed at this hotel, and had a lovely room, the bathroom had a jacuzzi. What I found to be disappointing was the service and staff attitude. The service was slow, and the attitude of many staff members seems to be that the guests should be honored to just be present at such a venerable venue. The food that I was served was decent, yet not exceptional.

Overall, it is a lovely property, which can be greatly enhanced with improved service.

• Liked — Charming Setting and Venue
  • Disliked — Inefficient Staff Service
  • Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2008

I feel I have been priviledged to dine, attend weddings and now stay at The Old Mill Inn in TO. I was told by local West End residents that it is truly a special place, long used for family celebrations and occasions. The dining room offers 5 star food in cosy tavern-like rooms. My meals were delicious both from the delux dinner menu and from a bar food menu the next evening! We even danced between courses to a live combo - on a Tuesday evening! Best part was to be able to go upstairs to an immaculate room, fireplace (sort of) and jacuzzi tub. If I had saved time for a spa treatment - the option was there. Not for any wallet - but worth the trip to find it for a special day.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2007

My Wife and I stayed here for our wedding night. We stayed in a suit. It was nicely decorated. A electric fire place, safe, kitchen table, bed room and spacious bathroom with a separate shower. My Best Men for the wedding prepared in our room and I had previously ordered sandwiches and drinks for the afternoon. They were delivered just as we arrived to my room, and all the food was tasty. I would recommend staying here for a romantic get away. It is relatively close to the airport and the subway line is steps away. The location is not great for exploring down town as it is a bit of a ride away, if you want to be in the action of the city look closer to the core. The only problem I had was when my wife and returned from our wedding (at St. Georges golf and country club) as we entered the room all the sandwiches and ‘mess’ from our lunch was still left in the room. They had delivered room service for us, but failed to clean up from lunch. I had even called down prior to leaving for our wedding to have the dishes removed. I called the front desk, they told me to put it in the hall myself. Now looking back at this situation… the look on my wife’s face was classic, dirty dishes and we just got married. At the time it was not appropriate, but credit to the Old Mill Manager, we had a complementary stay later on around Christmas. All ended ok (Still married and have a kid on the way), and they have had time to improve their service. I would trust that it is now better. Overall I would recommend this as a nice place to stay.

• Liked — Really nice place to stay for our wedding night
  • Disliked — Service problems
  • Stayed May 2005, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2007

Our Daughter had her wedding at The Old Mill on 10th August,
what a beautiful place for a wedding. The weather was perfect so the Wedding Ceromony was outside on the patio of the Guildhall Banquet Hall. Everything was wonderful,all the staff were very helpful, the reception was out of this world. So many people contacted us after to say what a wonderful time they had.
Thank you Old Mill for making Melanie and Mark's day so perfect it is something that they and my husband and I will always remember. If anyone is looking for that "Special Place" to get married this certainly is it.
trisha.phillips@rogers.com
Barrie, Ontario

Stayed August 2007
northern Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2007

If you would like a change of scenery and do not want to travel too far I would recommend The Old Mill Inn and Spa. They have recently undergone a major renovation and the guest rooms are beautiful and ideal for a weekend getaway. It is also the perfect place for a romantic dinner or a special occasion. There is a spa on site, as well as a great little gift shop. The popularity of their Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners seems to grow with each year. The grounds are nicely kept and it is so relaxing to take a stroll around the area. Regardless, if a few hours is spent at this location having dinner or if spending a few days there it really is a lovely spot !

Been to Old Mill Toronto? Share your experiences!