“The Old Mill- A gem in the city” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Old Mill Toronto

You added Old Mill Toronto to your Saves list
Old Mill Toronto
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21 Old Mill Rd, Toronto, Ontario M8X 1G5, Canada (Formerly Old Mill Inn & Spa)   |
Offers & Announcements
Free room upgrade
Ranked #10 of 140 Hotels in Toronto
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Kitchener, Canada
“The Old Mill- A gem in the city”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised by the level of service and the overall experience offered by the Old Mill. We are people watchers and found pleasure just watching the hustle and bustle of a number of weddings being held on site.

Our room was excellent- we didn't want to leave but a long stroll along the trails and into Bloor West Village was a treat. My wife loved the spa treatment.

In summary... we will return!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
OldMillToronto, Manager at Old Mill Toronto, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear bagtravellers,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with future Trip Advisor guests regarding your most recent visit to The Old Mill Toronto. We are often told by our guests their desire to just stay and not leave, which gives us an opportunity to see them again in the future.

We are elated to hear that you enjoyed the Spa as we are home to one of Toronto's finest Award Winning Spas.

We look forward to seeing you again and providing you with another miniretreat.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Brampton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

My friend and I stayed in a fabulous queen bedded premium suite. We were welcomed with a bottle of wine and chocolates. Our lunch was brought to us in the Spa quiet room and afterwards we experienced relaxing massages and lovely manicures. Every service person whom we met was extremely kind and efficient. We will definitely make a return visit to this wonderful inn.

Room Tip: Premium rooms are large and elegant.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Elaine F,

Thank you for your glowing review of your stay with us. We are truly delighted to hear that we met and exceeded your expectations at every turn. Our suites are uniquely and elegantly adorned making sure that all the finer details are looked after.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Living in Toronto, I'm well aware of The Old Mill. I've often stopped by the Home Smith Bar for a drink and snack. Recently, the old oil furnace in my building had to be dismantled and removed for the new gas furnace. That evening, the oil fumes that had permeated my apt. were making me ill, and I was unable to sleep. I drove to the Old Mill in hopes of a nice, quiet room and a good night's sleep. I arrived late with no reservation. Front desk staff were very helpful and patient. Hearing my story, I was given a room not far from the front desk on the Ground Floor. The Queen room itself was clean and elegant, with a view of a field of purple irises. It faced south. The bed linens were spotless and the mattress was perfect. The breakfast buffet the following morning was delicious, with a huge variety of fresh foods. The Terrace Room overlooks the courtyard which is lush with flowers at this time. I felt like I'd had a much needed holiday; I left feeling rested and peaceful. It's a special place.

Room Tip: I always ask for a quiet room, at any hotel. And if I check in, see the room and find any sort of f...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
OldMillToronto, Manager at Old Mill Toronto, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear mben_13,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while your home furnace was under repair. We occasionally have our local neighbouring guests stay with us for various reasons and we aim to provide them with the comforts they would have at home while extending our superior service which we have become famous for.

We hope that your home is safe and sound and perhaps we will see you again on a visit to our dining room or jazz bar.

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

My stay here was short lived as it was for a work conference, however I was very please with the accomodations, and the service received. The people were very plesant and helpful throughout the stay. My only regret was that I could not enjoy all the services of the spa.

I would definately return so I could visit the full site, along with the gardens, and visit a couple of the services offered.

Dear kriti2,

Thank you for sharing your most recent business travel with future guests on Trip Advisor. Many of our guests come here for a company retreat or meeting and after experiencing the many delights we our guest return again and again to enjoy the grounds and services on a leisure visit as well.

WE certainly look forward to welcoming you back again and again!

Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Just loved my overnight stay at the Old Mill. After a long hectic drive it was such a pleasant and most welcomed surprise to have such a nicely appointed room.Great room service and tasty dinner ensued. Bed was heavenly.Room very quiet.The in-room breakfast was terrific also the next morning. The conference room was also very comfortable .Staff were extremely helpful and super friendly. My kinda peeps!

Dear renaissanceCanada,

Thank you for sharing your stay with us on your most recent visit. Our meeting facilities have drawn the attention of many meeting planners and companies looking to escape the ordinary. Offering versatility, atmosphere and service, Old Mill has maintained its quality over the years by ensuring we give our guests what they have come to expect and go above and beyond their requirements.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future.

Winnipeg, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We booked a room for 3 nights at the Old Mill Inn for a conference held at the hotel. We were really looking forward to staying in an old English type of inn and enjoying time away relaxing and enjoying the beautiful area surrounding the hotel. I had asked the reservations clerk for a room that looked out into the trees as the hotel is located in a very pretty park-like area of Toronto. We arrived around 1:00 p.m. as our flight came in late morning. We were shown to room 519 which is at the end of the hallway on the 5th floor. Right away I noticed there were stains on the bed skirt and the first evening I nearly stepped on a broken piece of glass that had been left lying on the floor. We ate the first day in the restaurant for lunch and found the food to be lukewarm and mediocre and the buffet to be sadly depleted and not replenished after about 1:30 p.m. The buffet goes until 2:30 as I was told by the waitress. I asked for whipped cream to accompany my apple tart and I was brought a huge bowl of edible oil product. We ordered room service twice and for 2 chicken nuggets and fries plates, 2 ginger ales and 2 side salads, the bill was $80. The other meal was a traditional breakfast and a continental breakfast for $50. Both room service meals were stone cold. We ended up eating potato chips in the snack bar as we would have gone to bed hungry otherwise.There were only half windows in our room so that we could only see out if we stood up and the garbage bin lids at the high rise next door banged continuously below our window. We could see nothing but the highrise wall. As well,I did not sleep for the three nights as there was a strange metal on metal sound scraping continuously on the hotel or the apartment next door. I turned on the air conditioner to drown out the sound and nearly froze to death. I alerted the hotel manager to my distress on the morning of the 2nd day and after waiting most of the day to hear back from her, she took one night off the bill and did not charge for the 2 room service meals. When I asked why we had been put in that room when I had asked for one looking out on the park she said that we had arrived early and no other rooms were ready. The check-in clerk never gave us the option of waiting for a better room. The manager offered to upgrade us the next time we came to this hotel but she should have moved us to a better room when I complained so that my experience at the time would have been better. If she had improved my experience then, I might have gone away with a better impression of the Old Mill Inn. It is unlikely I will ever return there again.

Room Tip: Never stay in room 519. It looks out onto the wall of an apartment block and there are garbage bins...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
OldMillToronto, Manager at Old Mill Toronto, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Buckland,

Thank you for sharing your review. I am sorry to hear that after all we were able to do on your last evening with us you were still disappointed. As your email was sent to us on the morning of your last night you did not give us an opportunity to improve things for you right away. We did take into account your issues and gave you a complimentary night at the hotel in addition to the complimentary meals you received during your stay and a welcome back for a future stay. We were sold out during the conference you were attending and we gave you a complimentary upgrade as you checked in 3 hours early and we did not want to make you wait.

We are committed to providing service excellence and I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations.

Thank you for your feedback.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The Old Mill did an outstanding job preparing for our wedding of 200+ guests. Everything went off without a hitch. The Wedding Consultant went over every detail. She was always friendly, available and responsive. The Chef was accomodating. The food was delicious. The wait staff was courteous, experienced, unobtrusive. The sound system was excellent. Air quality was excellent. It was seamless.
The rooms at the Inn were excellent. Clean. Beds were comfortable. Shower was good. Reception was friendly, professional, helpful.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear PTouchMama,

Thank you for sharing your most recent experience with us for your wedding at The Old Mill Toronto. We make every effort to ensure that every point of contact is personal and caters to every need of our guests and brides.

We hope that you will continue to visit us to celebrate more of life's milestones.

Assistant General Manager

Been to Old Mill Toronto? Share your experiences!