“Decent hotel and close to the airport” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #70 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
Washington, DC
“Decent hotel and close to the airport”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I stayed here when arriving late into Toronto one night. The room is comfortable, although it's a bit older than some of the other Courtyards I have stayed in. The lobby has the standard Courtyard Bistro set up. The bathroom only had shampoo and conditioner in it, not the lotion and body wash they have in other Courtyards. I asked at the desk for lotion and he gave it to me, but in the room would be a nice touch. There are a few restaurants within walking distance. This hotel does a good job for what it is.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Peter K, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Airport, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear PassportGirl75
Thank you for your review of your stays at the Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Airport. We do review all of our guest’s comments both from our guest comment system to all Social media sites and see if we can work them into our operation. One that has come up is the lotion in the room and I am happy to say we have put the lotion back into all the rooms. We thank you for your comments as it is a great way of communicating with all our guests and we hope to welcome you back soon.
Peter Kingsbury

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Sudbury, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Have stayed here 3 times in the last year, for both business travel and hockey mom travel and they've got a good thing going on at this Marriott. Courteous staff, really clean rooms, good location. No onsite restaurant, but lots within walking distance or a 2 min drive. Courtesy shuffle to the airport.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Maureen M
Thank you for your review of your stays at the Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Airport. Our team’s number one goal is to try and assist all of guests to insure they have a great stay at the hotel. As you pointed out the property caters to all our guests as sometimes they are on business and sometimes with their hockey team or even a church group or association. We thank you for your positive comments on our team and the hotel cleanliness and we hope to welcome you back soon.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

We stay here when we have an early flight out of Toronto. We were glad to see that the renovations had been completed. Hotel looks pretty good. Staff are friendly. The room could use some renovations. I was a little surprised that the bed was not as comfortable as we have come to expect at the Marriott locations we visited. Maybe the room we stayed in is on a list for a new mattress. It wasn't the worst bed we have ever encountered in a hotel but not up to normal Marriott standards.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Peter K, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Airport, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Spriglet
Thank you for taking your personal time to let us know about your experience at the Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Airport. As you pointed out we are in the updating process for our property and we will be continuing this process throughout the year to come. Our new lobby & Bistro area have had great comments and we are redoing the Fitness area next and will then we will be doing some meeting room updates. We just installed Fridges & Microwaves in all of our rooms last week. Our beds were replaced last year along with a room refreshing, I am sorry you did not enjoy it. If you can reach out to me directly I can see if it is an isolated issue with the room you were in. Once again, Thank you for your business and please contact me if I can be of any assistance.
London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I generally try to stay at Marriott hotels when I travel so I booked at this location to attend a conference.
It's very much a standard Courtyard hotel. The lobby area has been renovated and looks great. The front desk staff were very friendly and accommodating. The location is easy to get to and there are several eating establishments within walking distance.
The room was clean and comfortable. The bed was great! Everything in the room was in good working order.
For a night or two on a business trip, it was perfect. Very reasonable price compared to other airport hotels, and includes free wifi, (which worked great).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Coorsguy
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience at the Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Airport.
Great to hear the positive comments and that it makes it easier when on the road, that is our number one priority. Glad you loved the bed and we hope to welcome you back soon.
Please contact me directly if I can be of assistance, and thank you for choosing to stay with us.
prior lake mn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Stayed for one night as part of a conference. Felt slightly off beaten path when I tried to track down fellow conference goers from other hotels. Front desk staff was helpful upon check in and also to get me a cab. Lobby felt crowded and elevator woodwork had been recently varnished (that day?) so smell going up and down on elevator from room was strong and was worried about leaning against wood for fear of staining white shirt. Rooms were fine and hotel shuttle was good too. No substantial issues, solid hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Todd F
I am sorry about the issue with the elevator panels, we did just up- date the elevators and had all the brass resurfaced and wood panels done to keep a clean and updated product. The majority of our clients like the location with the easy access to all highways 401-427 and 407 to get downtown or to any calls in any direction in the city, as well as a large amount of restaurants and sports bars within walking distance. Our front desk team would be happy to assist in providing directions and services to help meet up with friends or colleagues.
Please contact me directly if I can be of assistance in the future, and thank you for choosing to stay with us.
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I had an early flight out so stayed here for proximity to the airport. Lobby is nice and looks pretty new. The prices at the Bistro are reasonable, which is always nice. The bed and linens are very nice and comfortable. But the rest of the room feels older. The thermostat was difficult to change, it felt like I was going to push it through the wall. The noise from the planes can be loud, especially the big planes. The ice maker in the hallway sounds like a prop plane... REALLY loud. The rooms do not have lotion in them standard, which I found to be very odd, but the front desk provided some. The staff is friendly and helpful too. The regularly scheduled airport shuttle is nice as you do not have to call or schedule it. It is OK to stay here for a night, but I would try a different hotel if I had a multi-night stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear MtnMatt1749
I have reviewed your comments with our team and ownership and we take all our guest comments seriously. We had received a couple of comments on the ice machines and we have ordered new units and they are being installed as I write this. The first unit went in last week these units are silent. We have will be putting lotion back in the rooms as this is an item that we have seen on a couple of guest comment cards and now your review. We cannot complete everything that our clients request but we do listen and take our guests suggestions when possible.
Please contact me directly if I can be of assistance in the future or for any comments or questions. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, your business is appreciated.
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

The hotel is conveniently located near the Toronto Airport. Since we had all day meetings in Mississauga, and a late flight in, it made sense to stay by the airport.

The hotel has had the renovation of the lobby to add the "Bistro" that is ubiquitous now a days at the Courtyard. So, the lobby is fresh and new but it looks like that's where the renovations stopped.

The rooms are looking a little tired and in need of a little TLC. Don't get me wrong - it was clean and the linens were newer but the bed was a little firm for my taste and the rest of the furniture in my room was a little long in the tooth.

I've stayed at some of the other airport hotels, but they were full so gave this one a try - will likely go back to one of the others next time...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!