“Handy location, great service, dated rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #79 of 141 hotels in Toronto
“Handy location, great service, dated rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stayed at the Courtyard for four nights for a business. I thought the room charge was quite high for the standard of the hotel - there was quite a range in charges between the group I was travelling with.
The facilities at the hotel are basic but adequate. There is a nice bar - Arizonas and The Keg steakhouse within walking distance.
The service from the hotel staff was excellent - very helpful and friendly.
The rooms are clean and comfortable but the decor was very dated.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HotelGMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Airport, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear CDinBKK, thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us. I am very happy to hear you had a great experience with our associates as they are truly are #1 asset. In 2012 we completed a full ground floor renovation and all of our guestrooms received new carpet, mattresses, box springs and paint with a final touch of complimentary fiber optic internet service for our customers. Our plan is to continue additional improvements to the hotel while minimizing guest interruption. We hope to welcome you again to the Courtyard and your comments are appreciated and will certainly be noted.

133 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

From the super cherry young lady in the breakfast room to the great guys in the restaurant bar this Courtyard is outstanding!

One employee in particular that is in the food bar taking orders, mixing drinks, playing barrista is always calm, cool and accomodating. His name is Correy and he is THE BEST! Hopefully his employer will give him a raise or a promotion of some sort as he clearly deserves it. Although I would like him to be there when I next come back (:

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HotelGMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Airport, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Pamela C, thank you for posting your experience for other potential customers. Comments such as yours truly inspire our hardworking associates. When we completed our lobby and restaurant renovations we have gone with the slogan "It's a New Stay" and I am happy to hear you experienced this.
I have posted your comments for our associates to read and will personally share them with Corey.

We look forward to welcoming you again to the Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Airport.

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Great service. Everyone was very friendly and really wanted to make your stay pleasant. Good news is there is a Keg Steakhouse about 3 blocks away

The lobby has been remolded but the room are a little dated. Carpet has bad stains and the bathroom is your typical old school courtyard. Not a bad hotel but not in the best shape

• Stayed January 2013
HotelGMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Airport, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear BLG_houston, thank you for sharing your experience with us. Although we strive to exceed expectations I apologize that this was not the case on your stay with us. You are correct that our entire lobby, restaurant and public spaces were renovated and completed in January 2013. Our guestrooms did all receive new carpet, mattresses and box springs and are freshly painted. If you would be so kind to email me directly with your room number I will certainly be more than happy to inspect the room you stayed in.

We hope to welcome you again to the hotel in the near future.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We were part of the Westjet "cancel your flight" experience and shuttled here for a night. The hotel looks very dated and the room was quite old looking. The linens for the pullout couch included only a pillow and a fleece blanket. No sheets. The bathroom has an industrial strength fan that woke everyone up whenever someone used the washroom at night.

The internet code that I received never allowed connection with any of our devices.

The breakfast in the AM was cold continental, and the restaurant wasn't open for anything hot. They had a "store" which sold chips, soda, soft drinks.

Below my expectations.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HotelGMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Airport, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear pw0867 , I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. I t appears that you stayed with us prior to our new restaurant opening on January 10th. While we were training for our new restaurant opening between January 2-10 we offered a complimentary continental breakfast and no evening dining.

I am happy to inform you that our new "The Bistro" is now open offering breakfast and dinner seven days a week. I will address your concerns with our customer care team pertaining to the additional linens in the guest room and the internet pass code.

Our entire 168 rooms was recently refreshed in 2012 which included new carpet, paint, mattresses/box springs along with the addition of fiber internet in the entire property.

We hope to welcome you again to the hotel.
Euless, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I booked a 2 night stay here and just changed it to one night. I'll be heading over to the TownePlace Suites Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre tomorrow and have already book a full week there. This Courtyard is old and dingy with a poor location. They renovated it with the new Bistro (that has ridiculous hours of operation) but that's about all they did. The lobby is somewhat still the same and the entire interior has a low light dingy yellow look and feeling that made me feel I had to watch my back. The room is the same motif, old rickety furniture from 2001 with dusty lamps. The walls are filthy with old stains and marks. I guess Marriott can only mandate so much on the property owners. I will never stay here ever again. $12 CAD to park in a lot that they share with a couple of other manufacturing businesses. It's located in a very tight space.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HotelGMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Airport, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear GaryKlimeck, I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced on your stay with us as our goal is to exceed our guest's expectations. Our entire lobby was renovated and our new restaurant has just opened on Friday which now allows us to offer breakfast daily (Monday- Friday 6am - 10am and Saturday - Sunday 7am - 11am) and an evening fare from 5pm - 10pm. Further to our lobby and public area renovation we did do room refreshes on all of our guest rooms which included new carpet, mattresses and box springs. That said I have taken the room you were in off market to inspect with our housekeeping team to ensure your concerns are addressed. With respect to your comment about our parking we do not share our lot with anyone. During your stay there was a local furniture show in the area which saw many of our guests traveling with larger vans and trucks.

Mr. Klimeck, we hope you will give us another opportunity to experience our property. If there is anything further you wish to discuss please feel free to contact me directly.
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We were on our way to Cuba when a grounded plane put a wrench in our plans, Westjet sent us to this hotel for the night. We obviously didn't want to be there or anywhere snow was present but it really wasn't a horrible time at all. We were told that a restaurant was on site and although Westjet got that information wrong we had no trouble getting back to the airport to eat via the free shuttle service at the hotel. That shuttle service was so helpful and so efficient that we were very impressed.

One of the desk clerks named Lauren was so helpful and kind that she really helped us make the best of our bad situation. She was so understanding and fast with a smile. I hope that the company knows what a gem she is.

The bed was literally so comfortable that I found my husband ripping the sheets off in the morning to write down the name of the mattress and have since contacted the company to try and buy one for home. Now that to me speaks volumes!

The room was very clean and we had absolutely no complaints with it. The lobby has free use of its computers and there was no problem getting on one while we were there. For an airport hotel I think you could do a whole lot worse than this hotel and I'd definately stay there if I'm ever in that area again.

Thanks for the great sleep and thanks again to Lauren, we appreciate everything.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Tracey W, thank you for your kind words on your recent stay with us. Although I can appreciate you were here due to weather related problems with the airline I am happy you enjoyed your stay in our newly renovated property. With this renovation all of our mattresses and box springs were replaced and I continue to hear compliments on the bed comfort. Thank you for your kind words about Lauren which I have posted for our team to read. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Port Elgin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I stay frequently at the Courtyard Marriott near the airport - great place to stay when travelling, a smaller scale hotel which I like and it is more personable. Good value. At present they are renovating and the hotel will look great. They also offer parking for vacation stays and shuttles to the airport. There are no restuarants but there are plenty very close. I will stay there whenever I travel out of Pearson. Thank you staff at Marriott

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
HotelGMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Airport, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear maryannes894, thank you for your review on your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Airport. We are excited to tell you that our lobby renovations are complete! Our new "The Bistro" restaurant will open on January 10th, 2013 and will offer breakfast and dinner seven days a week. Our new menu is very exciting complemented with our Starbucks beverage products available I'm sure you will enjoy on your next stay with us!
Happy New Year and we look forward to welcoming you soon.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!