“Khao San Road WOW” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Fairbury, Illinois, United States
“Khao San Road WOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

The line at Khao San Road kind of speaks for itself. The place was packed with quite a line outside, but with an announced 30 minute wait we were in in less than 15 minutes. The pad gra prao
with chicken was cooked with only a 1 (mild) yet had a little heat. The red bell pepper, onion, garlic, fresh green chili, holy basil, served with fried egg, on rice. The pad see with pork with wide rice noodles, chinese broccoli, egg, garlic, oyster sauce, soy sauce was cooked to perfection. The pad kee mao with chicken rice noodles, long green pepper, bamboo shoot, egg, thai basil, fresh green chili, garlic, oyster sauce, soy sauce was too much for 1 person to eat. This place is a hidden gem, but well worth the short wait.

Toronto, Canada
“Always busy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The line ups say it all. Good food, reasonable prices always crowded, get there early or late; otherwise expect a long wait.
Service is brusque, befitting a restaurant that never has to worry about finding patrons.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Shelton, Connecticut
“Delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Before our trip to Toronto, I've done a lot (and i mean A LOT) of research before deciding on Khao San Road.
So here we are, starving and tired after all day of walking around Toronto. We got to the restaurant and were greeted by a group of people waiting their turn to be seated. After few minutes the waitress / hostess came out to take our names. It took about 30 min from the time we got there to the time we were seated at the table (not bad).
We ordered yellow and panang curry, which was delivered to our table within probably 15 min (if not less).
The food itself was delicious! Flavorful, spicy, colorful, well presented, and did i say delicious?!
Our water glasses were constantly refilled by a very nice and attentive yet not noisy waiter.
This place might get loud, especially in the back of the restaurant where we were seated, so if you don't like noise you might want to ask for a table outside or closer to the front.
I would definitely visit Khao next time we are in Toronto!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best Thai Food Ever!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Given I am from the DC area I don't get much exposure to Thai food so my opinion is relative, Khao San Road was definitely the best Thai food I have ever had. The restaurant was small and open air which was perfect on a beautiful Toronto day. We had to wait about 25 minutes for a table for two and the majority of seated parties sat at communal tables. The service wasn't anything special but the food was delicious. We ordered the thai tea, squash fritters, chicken panang curry, and beef khao soi. The thai tea was good (for thai tea at least), not overly sweet or creamy like I am so often used to. The squash fritters were good but nothing mind blowing. The panang curry was delicious and had a great flavor balance. The chicken in the curry was really tender (unlike the dry chicken I am used to in thai dishes) and the vegetables were fresh. The khao soi was a dish with ingredients I was not used to having together, almost like a curry soup with egg noodles. Nonetheless it was absolutely delicious and the beef was extremely tender. This place is definitely worth a visit.

Visited July 2014
Welland, Canada
“Best Thai Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Let me start by saying I hate Pad Thai. Sweet, ketchup-y, just not my thing. Well, that changed at Khao San Road. My husband tried the Pad Thai, and it smelled so good that I had to sneak a forkful.

Wow. Let me first apologize to the Thai community, because wherever the hell I was eating before was clearly not Thai food. If this is what Pad Thai really is, then sign me up! It was delicious and full of flavour.

This was our first time at Khao San Road, and it won't be our last. The Squash Fritters were ample, and my husband loved the dipping sauce. My Khao Soi was legendary. Sweet, spicy, LOADS of shrimp.

*I should note that I ordered a Shrimp Khao Soi, and a beef one came out. The server apologized profusely and came back within less than 5 minutes with my correct order. My husband ordered a Mango Juice and they graciously gave it to us on the house for the earlier mistake. I was surprised, since I didn't make a big deal at all over the mixup. What can I say? It's just great customer service! -thumbs up-

We are coming back to Khao San Road the next time we are in Toronto!