“Value Lunch Menu!” 4 of 5 stars

416-231-3800
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
La Veranda Osteria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,820 of 6,548 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bloor Street West and Royal York
Transit: Located across the street from Royal York Subway Station
“Value Lunch Menu!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Ten Ladies had lunch at this Italian Restaurant. For $14.95 you can enjoy an appetizer and a main from an extensive menu. There are many delicious dishes to choose from pasta, fish, chicken and veal. The decor is modern. The service is good. Although it was extremely busy because of all the Christmas lunch parties, so service slowed down after the main was served. Considering the entire restaurant was full that slow down can be expected. All in all it was a delightful lunch.
I will return at a less busy time.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Toronto, Canada
“Wonderful Authentic Italian Cuisine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Very nice atmosphere and great service. The menu reads like a novel so it can take a while to make a choice, however every meal that came to our table of four was delicious! Service can sometimes take a little while but its well worth the wait. Looking forward to visiting again.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, Canada
“Average Saturday Lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We dropped by La Veranda Osteria for lunch on a Saturday. They have a special lunch deal of $14.99 for an appetizer and an entree, which was a pretty good deal. There were many choices of both appetizers and entrees. The cream of asparagus soup was quite tasty and the bruschetta was good. The main course of veal with a mushroom sauce with a side of pasta didn't hit the mark. The veal and sauce was not hot enough and the whole entree somewhat reminded me of cafeteria food. The ambiance was OK and the highlight was very good attentive service by the wait staff.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Toronto
“An Extremely Enjoyable Evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

The restaurant, La Veranda Osteria, was a delightful evening spent with friends and delicious food!
Upon arriving, the outside foliage, which enveloped the patio, made me feel like this must be what a traditional restaurant would look like in Italy itself. If it had been a warmer evening, I would have loved to have eaten our dinner outside.
Inside, we were served by various waiters. As it said on one of their signs, "You do not only have one waiter when you visit our restaurant, we are ALL happy to attend to your needs" (or something like that). Our main waiter was friendly, funny, helpful and a very good singer! Again, it made me feel like I was really in Italy! Another waiter helped me choose a meal I could eat safely, as I have several food intolerances and an egg allergy. She was happy to accommodate my needs. They have a gluten free section of their VAST menu ( my friends and I marvelled at the number of choices!) for those who cannot tolerate gluten.
Our pre-dinner drinks came quickly and our meals in perfect time. For the first time in a long time, I was able to eat my whole meal. This indicates that they serve reasonable portions and the food was absolutely delicious. Not over salted, which we ALL appreciated.
The only thing I would recommend if you are going for the first time, is plan that parking may be difficult. It has nothing to do with the restaurant. Street parking after 7 pm is difficult, but there is a green P parking behind the subway...just for a heads-up (that I wasn't privy to). If you take the subway, it couldn't be a more perfect location!
Our food experience was amazing and we will be going back. The atmosphere was perfect for our group of 8!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“For me average my neices loved it.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Service great; sat on the patio. The people working there are lovely and yes the bathrooms say a lot about a restaurant-they are meticulously clean and décor is nice. Lots of foliage surrounding the patio. Lunch had a full house outside so they must be doing something right.

My nieces loved the pizza and the veal. Looked sloppy to me, but then again they enjoyed every bit of it.
I had a simple salad with chicken. (When it comes to Italian food I am very picky about my sauce.)

• Visited August 2013