“Do this first” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Culinary Adventure Company

The Culinary Adventure Company
26 Dalhousie St. | Suite 200, Toronto, Ontario M5V 3P7, Canada (Downtown Toronto)
+1 877-317-4870
Website
Improve this listing
Visit like an insider
$66*
and up
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: The Culinary Adventure Company is Toronto's No 1 food tour & gourmet experience company. We are the proud winners of the 2012 Ontario Culinary Tourism Experience Award and recipients of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence for both 2012 and 2013! Take a delicious walking food and cultural tour through Toronto's hottest and most interesting neighbourhoods, eat incredible food, meet the vendors and hear stories about the area and the city. Come on a Canadian Signature Experience - leisurely paddle across the harbour to Toronto Islands in a Voyageur canoe, enjoy a gourmet picnic, and be dazzled by the night skyline as we make our way back. Join us for our annual Seafood in the Sky pop up dinner, a spring or fall mushroom forage in the heart of the city, expertly guided wine trips to Prince Edward County or many of the other fantastic adventures we offer. We strive to ensure that we EXCEED all guest expectations each and every time and provide excellent value. We also love to do custom and corporate events. We have something for the foodie in everyone, locals and visitors alike!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Tarpon Springs, Florida
51 attraction reviews
“Do this first”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

What a fun, fun food tour. And were we stuffed by the end of it! Chef Scott obviously takes great pride in seeking out local business owners and cares about the community. On our tour we also had the very lovely Nessa, who was in training and will do an awesome job! We went to so many places! Shortbread, a bakery, a wine store, olive oil, amazing Mediterranean lunch, sustainable seafood, traditional pork sandwich AND ice cream! We could not eat dinner. The history and stories of the neighborhood were great. Walking on the street, Chef Scott was stopped and greeted numerous times and he doesn't even live in the neighborhood! ( we did the Riverside/Leslieville tour) I wish we had been able to do the tour our first day so we could have returned to all of the places we stopped and taken advantage of some of Chef Scott's suggestions. And when we return to Toronto I am scheduling our itinerary around some of his other tours and adventures. If you are lucky enough to live in Toronto do one of his tours/experiences as often as you can!

29 attraction reviews
“The Culinary Wizardry of Oz: Ossington Food Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Our second tour with Chef Scott, the first one two years ago in Little Italy. Both excellent.
We were a smaller group of 6 on Mother's Day.
A great afternoon of discovery, learning, laughter and, of course, great food.
We had more than 12 courses in 3 restaurants along with excellent wine pairings.
A wonderful way to spend Mother's Day !

32 attraction reviews
“Riverside/Leslieville Culinary Food Tour - Average experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

I've done some other food tours before so I had higher expectations. We had several different stops which included a couple of bakeries, cookie shops, ice cream shop, olive oil shop, fish market, and one restaurant.
I expected for the price we were paying we would get to stop at many more sit-down type restaurants. At the restaurant, we were fed one sandwich (which was delicious, but minimal), or tart. We were also served an alcoholic drink (non-alcoholic could also be served).

I live in Toronto, and a few girlfriends and I decided to do this tour based on the reviews on TripAdvisor. Although there was nothing that was bad about the tour, I just don't think it's worth the $80 (tax + fees incl).

Chef Scott was entertaining, but he seemed tired this day. But I must say he seems really dedicated to the explaining the history of the restaurants. He noted several restaurants we walked by, and suggested we try them. It would have been nice if we tried them on the tour, instead of bring us to shops to 'purchase' items.

“Huge fan!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

I live in Toronto, and stumbled in to Culinary Adventure Co through a cooking class we did as a group. I'm a foodie in a foodie city, and I figured there wasn't much I hadn't already tried. So. Wrong. I did the Little India tour, and I'm headed to the Little Italy tour tonight. I hope to do them all this year.

The class was incredible. I now make candy bar grilled cheese at home, can debone a chicken and I know how to cut an onion without crying.

BUT. That's nothing compared to the time I had on the Culinary Adventure Co tour of Little India. Absolutely mind blowing! Best chicken korma, butter chicken, naan and corn on the cob I've ever had. I've literally sent dozens of people this way, and I'm hoping to do lots more business with Chef in the future!

Visited March 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Blades for Bowls & Souls is a MUST ATTENDED”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I participated the Blades for Bowls & Souls last night (Apr 28/14) at Cheesewerk and it was EXCELLENT! Very informative section and Chef Scott was offered the best possible learning experience. It's also for good cause so this is highly recommended! The Venue (Cheesewerk) was awesome and we had a very hearty snack and learned the tips of using the "blades" to be a Master Chef! A++++

Visited April 2014