“Rustic Zen” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Woodlot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #397 of 6,548 Restaurants in Toronto
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: College
Transit: We are located at College St and Palmerston Ave
Description: Woodlot Restaurant offers honest and simple handmade cuisine.
“Rustic Zen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I really admire the ethos of this restaurant: let's bake a decent loaf of bread, and then maybe we'll be a restaurant. It's humble. Appropriately, the wood-oven is central to the aesthetics of the restaurant, and the cuisine. Food is excellent. Wine and beer list is excellent too, all with local representation.
I enjoyed the ambience. As some people have expressed, this is a place I would enjoy entertaining people from outside Ontario or Canada as a showcase of the local dining scene. For me, it's refreshing to have knowledgeable but unpretentious service. Usually you have one or the other. Here, you have great attention without any attitude at all, which allows for anything.

• Visited January 2013

Toronto, Canada
“Welcome to flavour country..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I've been hearing about this restaurant for a while and everytime I tried to go it was packed. Finally, myself and two friends got in. It lived up to the hype.

Woodlot's atomosphere is close to perfect. With it's rustic but classy stlye, open concept kitchen, friendly staff and intimate environment Woodlot delivers on providing it's guests with a definite memorable experience.

My suggestion is to order a number of items and share them with the company you keep. That way, you can experience a variety of deliciousness throughout the night. Enjoy..

• Visited January 2013
“A satisfying dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

My partner and I dined at Woodlot in early December.

When we first entered, we noted a strong smell of wood smoke, but we did not smell it after that and there was no lingering smell on our clothes or hair as one might expect. The setting is rustic and casual.

We were seated on the second floor in a small room that is intimate with only a few tables. One adjacent to us was occupied by group of 6 and we found their conversation intrusive. Once they left, we relaxed and found the space quite comfortable.

We began with cocktails, oysters, and Hen of the Wood mushrooms. All good. We followed with the whole wheat lasuagette, a preparation that included a delicious short rib ragu, the whey fed pork chop, and the roasted cauliflower, again all good. However, nothing stood out as exceptional or particularly interesting.

The highlight for the evening was the treat board.

We were impressed with the separate vegetarian menu and will keep it in mind when entertaining those with dietary restrictions.

A satisfying meal.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto
“A delicious meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Our vegetarian friend brought us to Woodlot because she said it was a restaurant for everyone - she was right! Vegetarians have their very own menu and the meat eaters have the regular menu. Every dish was cooked to perfection, I loved the side dishes of sweet potatoe and cauliflower. The desert sampler was a great way to end the meal, next time I'll have to get the cheese plate which also looked very delicious. Just a terrific night out, we'll be back.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toronto, Canada
“Finally, a restaurant I can recommend to out of towners...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Probably one of the best and most unique restaurants in the city. This is the place I will be recommending for out of towners to visit.

• Visited November 2012