“Delicious Mexican Food” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Frida is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,313 of 6,800 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bathurst and Eglinton
Transit: Eglinton Bus stop at front door. Subway-Eglinton station on Spadina located just two blocks to the west.
Toronto, Canada
“Delicious Mexican Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

I had a wonderful evening at Frida's. The decor is charming and the service is very attentive and friendly. We started off with the Queso Fundido. If you love cheese, this is the dish for you. I then had the Chiles Poblanos Renello, which was delicious. I tried a bite of my husband's herb chicken, and that also tasted excellent. My sister-in-law raved about Mole Chicken, joking that she could lick the plate clean. I finished off my meal with a coffee and a slice of their orange flan. My only complete about the flan is that the orange taste did not really come through. Their coffee however is excellent. Definitely make reservation, as this is a small restaurant that fills up quickly.

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Toronto, ON
“great food, good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

Good Mexican food, authentic dishes, great location (easy to park, easy to get to with transit).

• Visited December 2010
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Ok, but not great”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Went here with a group of about 8. The food tasted ok...not great. It wasn't particularly tasty...The service was pretty bad. Whenever we wanted anything we had to work pretty hard to get the attention of any waiter. The cutlery was missing at two places and we only got our water refilled once the whole night. The fire alarm went off twice during our dinner. The price isn't too high, but I don't think we got good value overall. I don't think I would want to go back.

• Visited September 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Best Mexican in TO”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

Best, most innovative Mexican restaurant in town. Not sure why the place isn't packed every night. Been there 4 times already - afraid the quality has gone down a bit since the restaurant offered a Groupon.

Best guacamole and churros in town. Also love the chili relleno.

• Visited May 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto
“Amazing authentic Mexican Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

I celebrated ,my birthday at Frida's with friends and had an amazing time! The food and drinks from the appetizer, all the way to the dessert was incredible. The guacamole was to die for! We tried 3 different little bite appetizers that were delicious. They consisted of mushroom empanada, chicken tostada and grilled shrimp. They displayed all three as a trio for each of us. Then we shared the beef tacos and the large chicken tostadas. For dessert we shared a trio plate selected by the chef of churros(stuffed with goats milk carme), flan and mexican rice pudding. I was in absolute heaven. Our waiter was nice and very attentive. The Executive Chef even came to our table to see how we were enjoying our food. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves authentic mexican food.

• Visited June 2011