“Firt class .” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto

You added Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto to your Saves list
Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   325 Bay St, Toronto, Ontario M5H 4G3, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Rise and Dine
Ranked #1 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
Scottish Borders
“Firt class .”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Tis hotel was firt class from the doorman to the cleaners it was great the reception staff could not have been more helpfull ,having been born in Brantford and this being my first trip back for a long time I mentioned this to a member of staff and she was born round the corner from where we lived .the bedrooms were great as was the restaurant there is nothing bad to say about this fantastic hotel .

Room Tip: They are all good I would say
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Very nice hotel; great rooms and good service. We had a few service issues, but the manager took care of them eventually. I agree with raodwarrior30; not 5 star. We had a list of issues; most of them involving lack of staff follow through. Housekeeping isn't trained yet to notice things like light bulbs out, door locks not working in the bathroom, or an alarm clock that was set by the prior guest and is still set to go off for the new guest. The combination of these problems made for unpleasantness (locksmith working on the lock in the room for 3 hours while I was trying to work) and wasted time and money.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely hands down, best service I have ever received at any hotel I've ever stayed at. The staff know how to make you feel special from the moment you walk through the door. They continually called me by name and were extremely helpful. All staff were always willing to engage in conversation and very proactive. While we were at an event on the 31st floor bar and lounge, the server over heard that a colleague could not eat cheese burger slider, so without being asked she took it upon herself to come out with a burger slider with no cheese. Food and drinks were excellent and the view from the 31st floor was quite nice.

Facilities were fabulous and the hotel room was impeccable. It was tough to check out of this hotel and I look forward to the next time I can stay here.

TrumpTorontoHotel, General Manager at Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback.

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto. We are always pleased to hear of the little things that make a big difference to you while you were our guest, and hopefully you will leave with a lasting memory of your stay with us. We take pride in personally in knowing our guests' names and preference before and during they enter the property.

I look forward to welcoming you back for another fantastic experience.

Mickael Damelincourt
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

This was our first time at the Trump and we had an amazing time. We were there for the night for a bachelorette party and we were very impressed by the hotel staff as well as the building itself. The beds were so comfortable and the bathrooms were amazing.This is the nicest hotel any of us had stayed at in Toronto and we can't wait to go back.The staff at this hotel were all very friendly and eager to make our stay a memorable one. One of the staff members, Kevin Brown, took us up to our room and showed us around. He was very helpful and made the experience that much better with his great personality. He was very professional and made sure we had everything we needed to be comfortable for our stay. All in all, it was a wonderful experience and we can not wait to return for our next stay!

-Taran & Sabe

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We booked the Trump because it was rated one of the top hotels in Toronto, and we wanted a 5-star experience. From the beginning, it was just that: great valet service, grand tour by the bellman (Kevin), and overall friendly staff. We booked a one bedroom suite and were not disappointed with the size and amenities (warming bathroom floor and lighting presets) and had a great view of the hustle and bustle of this wonderful city. Both Suits and Stock are great lounges/restaurants (Jenn was super friendly), and are great choices for a pre-game cocktail or nightcap. The gym, pool and sauna are top-notch, with panoramic views of the city and surrounding areas. Speaking of the gym, this is where we experienced some disappointment. While I was working out, there was a fire alarm, and since there was no prior notice of a fire drill, I assumed it was real. When I attempted to take the stairs, they were locked, and naturally the elevators were shut down. When I asked two maintenance workers the location of the nearest stairwell, they advised that I stay on the 32nd floor (wrong answer). When I insisted of exiting the building, they cautioned that I would not be able to re-enter and then had difficulty finding a stairwell. Although it turned out to be a false alarm (we understand -- it happens), we were disappointed with the lack of preparedness of the staff. Overall, however, we would recommend the Trump and will be returning soon!

Room Tip: Try to get a higher floor so you're away from street-level noise.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

I travel the world and have 300+ reviews. So when the desk clerk indicates this is a 5* property and the top rated Toronto hotel, it's game on. When you promote your property as a 5*, you're playing on a world level, not trying to beat the Courtyard down the street.

The property misses because it's so busy trying to remind you it's a "5* hotel" it forgets to be a "5* hotel.". I've stayed in 5* hotels, this isn't one. I stay as part of a major bank.

The mark of a 5* hotel is that the entire staff has a keen sense of what the guest wants and operates nearly invisibly. I'm a professional traveler, don't bother me. If you're in from Hamilton for a girl's weekend, well maybe you do. In short - the entire service experience seems quite forced.

Service is also very inconsistent. Not a trait of a 5* hotel. Sometimes, they would open the door for me, sometimes not. Sometimes a staff member would rush to push the elevator button for me, course the one time I was holding 19 items, their key didn't work. A call to housekeeping took two calls to get answered.

The first early evening, I went up to the restaurant/bar and since it was a nice out wanted to have drink on the smallish outdoor patio. I was immediately seated. Despite the place being nearly empty, I waited 15 minutes with no service, I departed (no drink) noting the numerous staff chatting it up at the bar. The poor hostess realizing a major faux pas has occurred chased me to the elevator apologizing but alas another star now gone. 5* hotels get no leeway sadly.

The building and rooms are new. They're nicely appointed and comfortable. The lighting system though is a major disaster. It's electronic "mood" setting, could be nice but the problem is it's all one system. Hence if you're in the bed and someone is in the bathroom and you turn off the lights - all the lights go out (including the bathroom). The room hallway is dark and there was no way to have lowered lights in the room and bright ones in the hallway. Sadly, I have neither the time nor inclination to learn about a lighting system in a hotel room. Direct lighting over the bed was garish (hint no one looks good with direct overhead lighting).

The drapes were equally frustrating, electronic, I had two sets (one window faced a busy office, the other had a view). Unfortunately, you couldn't have one open and the other closed.

The entire room is littered with Trump paraphernalia touting how great a hotel this was. I threw it all in a corner. The bathroom is large n' nice but equally the counter space had no room for my personal effects.

If you want a 5* experience in Toronto, stay at the Four Seasons.

There is nothing wrong with this hotel per se, the room is certainly fine, the staff friendly. But when you've set your own bar as the top hotel in the city and a 5* property ranking in the world's best, you probably don't want my keen eyes to visit you. Trump properties simply aren't a world brand.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

You would have to really try hard to fault anything at Trump Toronto!
Location is central for business and shopping. Service and attention by staff was perfect.
I must remember in future to take a staff members name down for praise with service as the hotels always send surveys after the stay and ask for someone's name who deserves recognition.
Only wish Trump Vegas could learn from Trump Toronto and Trump Chicago.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Been to Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto? Share your experiences!