“Great staycation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto

You added Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto to your Saves list
Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   325 Bay St, Toronto, Ontario M5H 4G3, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 140 Hotels in Toronto
uxbridge, ontario
“Great staycation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

I treated my husband to a night away to the Trump Tower after a stressful week. We live about an hour outside the city and have 5 year old twins - we had an excellent experience from start to finish. The service was amazing. We used the credit associated with our room special at the hotel bar with friends who live in the city.
We parked valet for $50 for convenience but there is less expensive public parking nearby.
Overall a great experience.

Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My Fiancé and I stayed at the Trump Hotel this passed weekend for the first time. Needless to say we were BLOW away with the hotel decor, customer service and impeccable staff! It was our 6th Year Anniversary and they went beyond and above to make us feel special. First WOW moment: upgraded suite- the room's are massive! Second WOW moment: Chocolate Macaroons in the room with Happy 6th Year Anniversary decorated in chocolate. This hotel is not like any other in Toronto- they truly have a high standard of service and they sure do deliver! A MUST stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I had no idea this was a brand new hotel when I stayed there. The hotel is spectacular with wonderful views of the city. The staff is amazing attending to every detail. The highlight (that EVERY hotel should undertake) is that if you order room service it arrives HOT and in 30 minutes. Then you call when done and they pick up the table. No food trays or tables parked in the hallway. You also NEVER see a housekeeping cart. One only need push the service button by the door and housekeeping arrives to tend to the room needs. (even ice!) The spa is amazing and worth a visit to as well. Book a facial with Anna and you won't regret it. Definitely a destination for a romantic get away or anniversary.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Lakefield, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My Husband and I stayed at Trump this past weekend. Our experience was wonderful! We were welcomed kindly by all the staff we had contact with. Our room was comfortable and clean with an elegant bathroom.

We both had spectacular massages at the spa. We would highly recommend this service.

The pool and hot tub were clean and set up resort like with lounge chairs.

We also both used the fitness centre which had high quality equipment to suit any active persons desires. The change rooms are nice as well with rainfall showerheads and hand held showrheads and saunas.

We had an overall fabulous stay at Trump and would highly recommend staying at this hotel. We know we will be returning as Trump set a high standard for our future hotel visits!

Room Tip: We had a corner room and it was nice, but I think all the rooms in this hotel will be just as nice.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
TrumpToronto, General Manager at Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your stay with us this past weekend. I appreciate you acknowledging our welcoming associates; it is certainly with great pleasure that we take every opportunity to exceed your expectations.

I am delighted to read your comments recognizing the fine details and amenities we provide throughout our property. It is wonderful to hear you were able to take the time to enjoy our 65 foot infinity salt water lap pool and fitness facility located on the 32nd floor!

Once again, we appreciate your kind review on TripAdvisor and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you to Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto once again in the future.

Vancouver, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I'm in Toronto about once a month for business, so I've seen most of the nicer hotels downtown. The Trump is in the top three, although it has just enough downsides for me to say it's not the best hotel in town.

They are definitely trying hard for a five-star look and feel and for the most part they achieve it, although they're trying too hard. The normal rooms (I had a "superior" room) are quite spacious, and reasonably tastefully decorated in black & grey. Everything is automated, from the lighting to the drapes & shades. The bed is very comfortable, and the marble bathroom is spacious, with a separate toilet, bathtub, and shower with handheld shower & overhead rain showerhead. (It is, however, a bit disconcerting that the bathtub is right in front of a giant window facing on an office building, but there is a shade to put down.) Wifi is free and pretty fast. The workout room and pool are very nice.

I do have a few minor quibbles that keep me from giving the hotel five stars. The worst was that the fan in my room rattled loudly, which is a problem when trying to sleep, and I slept very poorly the first night before I figured out how to turn it off. The room gets chilly in the winter with the fan off, though. I don't expect a brand-new hotel to have rattling fans like an old Best Western. The heated floors in the bathroom didn't work, either -- which might have helped with the temperature when the heater fan was off. Also, the TV in the bathroom worked only sporadically; I'd get audio and a white screen the first time I turned it on, and then if I turned it off and on a few more times I'd finally get video. In the end I was able to deal with all these myself, so I didn't request help, although I have no doubt that they would have helped had I asked. However, these are all things I've never encountered at the Ritz-Carlton, where everything in the room has always been in perfect working order.

The hotel's as classy as anything you could expect with the name "Trump" on it -- not gaudy and gauche like the Trump Tower in New York, but you will still see the name Trump everywhere, which does tend to degrade the elegance of the hotel. Also, they're trying a bit too hard -- they have a small lobby which has no fewer than six staff in it at all times. You can't push the revolving door by yourself; someone is stationed there to push it for you. You can't call the elevator on your own; someone does it for you. Some people may feel this is pampering; for me it takes away from the quiet elegance of the place and makes it feel as though it's striving too hard. For this reason (and the loud fan), I'm unlikely to come back even though it is, overall, a very nice hotel. I think I'm more the Ritz-Carlton type; you'll have to decide for yourself.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

My husband and I recently spent a Romantic weekend at the Trump. We were so pleased by our choice. Starting by the friendly Doorman to Andrea the most helpful and pleasant Concierge. The atmosphere is of elegance and Luxury. Our room was very well appointed, extremely clean. the bathroom was quite large with a gorgeous and inviting deep Tub. My husband enjoyed the extra amenity of having a television within the bathroom mirror. Free Wifi was wonderful as it should be in every Hotel. We will return for sure!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
TrumpToronto, General Manager at Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed the various amenities we offer and would also like to sincerely thank you for commending our service team. Your kind recognition has been very well received by our associate team!

We look forward to welcoming you again to Trump Toronto on future occasions!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at Trump in mid December. (Sorry for late review). The hotel is beautiful with a magnificent lobby, and Awesome spa and gym. I stayed in a 1 bedroom suite....it very comfortable and beautifully decorated. Highlights were the heated floors in the bathroom and fireplace in the siting area. Staff was professional and polite. I wanted to do some work outside of my room. There was a private party in the lobby bar. So I went up to STOCK, the trendy restaurant. They were also busy, the hosted noticed my lap-top, Asked if I was staying in the hotel, and had their team set me up with a table and chair in the bar area. They made me feel special and important (which I am not). All in all a fine experience, and a great property....just very price compared to 4S and RC.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences regarding your stay at Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto.

I am delighted to see your comments recognizing the fine details throughout our property and I am extremely thankful to read our associate team was able to assist in making your stay with us most comfortable.

Thank you again for posting a review on TripAdvisor; we look forward to your return visit!

Mickael C. Damelincourt

Been to Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto? Share your experiences!