“Outstanding Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto

You added Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto to your Saves list
Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   325 Bay St, Toronto, Ontario M5H 4G3, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
Oakville, Canada
“Outstanding Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

The hotel is luxurious. Our room had modern and high end furniture, features included in-mirror bathroom television, rainfall shower head, as well as a high ceiling. Coffee, tea and bottled water were complimentary. The decor is chic.

What was most impressive however is the outstanding level of service. It started a few days before arriving at the hotel when the Trump Attaché Individual asked me for my preferences and if I had any special requests. When we arrived at the hotel, all of my requests were met. Then during our stay, all the hotel staff (e.g. valet, front desk clerk, and bellhop) was very attentive and professional.

It was a very pleasant stay. We will be back and we recommend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
TrumpToronto, General Manager at Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

I sincerely appreciate your kind review posted on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto!

Thank you for acknowledging the service you received from our associate team. We have shared your comments with each of them as they truly are the driving force!

We look forward to welcoming you again to Trump Toronto to exceed your expectations on future occasions!

Mickael C. Damelincourt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Windsor, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I stayed here twice in October 2012. The first time was in a deluxe room. I was disappointed with the size of the room and amenities for the price when compared to Trump Chicago. I decided to give the hotel another shot and stayed again, this time in a suite which I thought would be a better comparison to what I experienced at Trump Chicago. Although the room was moderately bigger than the deluxe, it again lacked the amenities and size especially comparing pricing to what I get in Chicago.

Trump Chicago features Sub Zero full fridges in the room along with stove, microwave, dishwasher, granite island with sink etc... In Chicago, for around $600, I get an 1100 sq ft + suite with a corner fireplace, dining room table, and 2 washrooms. For that amount in Toronto, I received half the space with a fraction of the amenities.

Trump Chicago only features the expresso machine in the room in comparison.

The Trump Toronto rooms however are comfortable and quiet.

The hotel does not have a steam room but only a dry sauna. This is a drawback for those who enjoy a nice hot steam on a cold afternoon.

The staff is personable and welcoming. I was dismayed when I noticed the rates fluctuate for the same room by substantial amounts. I tried to book the same room I was in at the same price for a few weeks later and it was almost $200 more. No explanation. Then I received a 30% discount offer on all suites. When I attempted to avail myself of this opportunity, I noticed that the same suite I had just paid $599 for + tax was now listed at $880 plus tax . They then offered the 30% discount on the $880 price so there room was actually more expensive.

This type of bait and switch is insulting to travellers who choose 5 star hotels. I need fairly consistent rates in order to keep utilizing a hotel in order to properly assess and budget.

I returned to the Hazelton in Yorkville after this experience and paid less and received more. I think Trump Toronto will end up suffering if it continues along this line for what they are delivering.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your accommodations at Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto. I sincerely appreciate you acknowledging our personable and welcoming associates as well as our comfortable rooms.

I was however concerned to learn of the areas which left you to feel disappointed. Having been part of the opening of our sister property, Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago I am very familiar with the amenities and rooms they have available and I understand your preferences. I would be delighted to personally provide you with a tour of our property in order to show you rooms we have available for our guests, similar in size as Trump Chicago. I welcome you to contact me directly by calling the hotel at 416.306.5800 and ask for myself.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. I would be grateful if you could allow us the opportunity of welcoming you once again in the future.

Mickael C. Damelincourt
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

All I can say is I thought I had died and gone to Heaven. I have never been treated to such luxury. It was amazing how the staff were trained to be so in tune and aware of what was going on with the guests. My husband and I were just talking at the elevators and wondering what the time was, and before we knew it one of the staff popped up behind us to tell us the time. Even their shampoo and soaps smell so good that I kept the memory alive by bringing home the few extra bottles left on purpose by the staff. The smell takes me back to that weekend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Marina del Rey, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I stayed at the Trump Toronto for 6 nights and all I can say is that it was an absolutely glorious experience. I have stayed at many other 5 star hotels, however nothing comes close. Without a doubt Trump Toronto is the best hotel in the world!

Some of the most amazing features in the room include the heated marble floors in the bathroom, the automated curtains and lights, the TV in the bathroom mirror (love love that), the plush towels and huuuge bathroom. Simply put from the amazing service to the delicious food to the grandeur of the room, it was just impeccable!!!

As for Stock Restaurant...what can I say..once you dine at Stock, you just won't be able to dine anywhere else: from the ambience, to the service to the delectable menu - its just perfect.
I will definitely return!!! Trump Toronto is not just a hotel it's Toronto's newest and only palace.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I cannot recommend this hotel enough - from the moment we made our booking to when we were (very sadly) leaving the service was exemplary! The hotel itself is absolutely beautiful - we stayed in one of the one bedroom suites which had everything you could possibly want including a fireplace. The concierge service here also deserves a special mention as they were very helpful in organising any request we had no matter what it was and all the members of hotel staff were genuinely interested in helping you at all times - and unlike many other hotels were not expecting to be tipped every time they did so! Hotel is close to the main shopping and business areas and convenient for either personal or public transport
If you are traveling to Toronto I can highly recommend you treat yourself to a room here!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

From the minute your car enters the front of the hotel, the tone is pretty much established as far as what this hotel is trying to achieve. Hotel service is 5 stars but get your loonies ready because you will be escorted to your luxury room whether you like it or not. This only happens at first and you know what ....just dont fight it, it's well worth the admission price. If you think the lobby is impressive just wait till you see the room. Luxurious , dimming diode light switches at your fingertips and even electric curtains, slippers, plush bathrobe, not to mention a marble bathroom the size of most flats in London.
Time for a drink so we climb to a top floor with a spa to your left and a dining/lounge/bar area to die for. I must warn you that drinks and food are more expensive tahn average but the complementary truffle popcorn may just make you forget about your bar bill. The chef is top notch and the view is spectacular. It was a cold autumn evening or i would have slipped on the terrace for a cigar. I heard they drape you in a smoking jacket in case you are cold.
An experience like no other.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Excellent location. Close to PATH and Eaton Center. Hotel itself was very nice and well maintained. Front desk staff were very friendly and welcoming. The house car available on weekday mornings was an added bonus. Would be nice to have it available through out the day. Free wifi was appreciated. The rooms were spacious and very clean. I liked everything about this hotel. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto? Share your experiences!