“Wonderful guesthouse!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sweetheart Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Sweetheart Bed and Breakfast
You added Sweetheart Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
72 Henry Street, Toronto, Ontario M5T 1X2, Canada   |
Ranked #43 of 126 Toronto B&B and Inns
“Wonderful guesthouse!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Perfect location! walk to college street less than 1 minute.U of T just across the road, different restaurants around there, second cup, pub, Japanese restaurant, fast food......

5 mins you can go Baldwin village to taste good Japanese ramen, Italian pizza........

My room was basement suite, one king size bed and lookalike junior bed. Small bathroom. Quite a big room, cozy, warm decoration.

Dinning room on the first floor, provide the self serve breakfast in the morning, bagels, breads, coffee, tea......

Absolutely great stay there!

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I loved this place! I stayed in a private single room on the main floor, shared washrooms downstairs and upstairs. It was VERY close to the Fields Institute where I needed to go every day, great location for me, and in general for tourists as well. I love finding places to stay that are cheap but not hostels. The WIFI worked great, the room was perfect, the breakfast was very simple but did the trick and they put it out at night, so midnight snacks are possible (I enjoy!) Clean towel every day, very clean room and bathrooms. Friendly people, ridiculously good price. Would stay again for business or fun times in Toronto.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I was at this charming B&B in Toronto with my little 5 years old girl. It has an excellent price and very good bedrooms. It is clean and comfortable and it is almost like being at home. You won't find luxury. On the contrary, it is simple, but cozy. The breakfast is honest, with coffee, tea, juice, bread, fruits. We stayed at the basement suite with private bath and it was very comfortable. The little kitchen in the second floor is very useful. Excellent option for those who seeks a nice place to stay in Toronto, very close to Downtown.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Bristol, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

Was OK: room OK, breakfast was stingy and disappointing. Good location but felt slightly "uncomfortable" at times. Wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Seoul, South Korea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

I'm actually an Oakville native who had to stay in Toronto for a few days due to personal business. As a result, I looked into booking really last minute, and contacted Sweetheart mostly based on their price and location. Joe and Kimiko informed me they were out of single/double rooms but would give me the basement suite for the price of the single! They also provided parking for the nights we needed. Awesome.

The night I arrived (with a friend), Kimiko and her staff greeted us quite cheerily. A staff member walked us through the payment procedure and general conduct. She told us breakfast is simple and self-serve. It also seemed to be operating more as a guesthouse than a bed and breakfast.

They were nice enough to accommodate me when my friend ended up staying an extra few nights with me last minute. Staff/guests all are very friendly, say hello (albeit in Japanese) when you run into them in the hallway. :)

The basement suite that I stayed in has a giant bed (I think it's a king) and a small, single bed. Has a decent sized TV, own heating, and a private bathroom. I guess the only thing I was unhappy about is the bathroom. It's nice that I got a private bathroom, but the drain in the shower was terrible. It got to a point where the water level reached my ankles. The pressure isn't bad, they provide towels, shampoo, and plenty of toilet paper, but man -- the place could use some Drainol.

Oh, and one other thing. They have coin-op washing machine and dryer I think you can use if you want (I didn't). That's great and all, but the machines are right next to the basement suite, and on the first night, there was a guy doing laundry at 11pm. There are notices on the wall that say to limit use after 5/6pm... so I guess if those rules were a bit more enforced, this would not have been a problem...

So, in conclusion - sweet location (5 minutes to Queen's Park subway station), competitive price, nice people... not so awesome drainage. Pretty good TV selection (if that matters), high speed internet, a nice and quiet neighbourhood...

I'd recommend it, 'cause I'd stay again. ^^

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

First of all I want to make it clear that I don't complain in general, however this review I feel is very fair.

This was the last stop in a 3 week driving tour around eastern Canada. We had stayed at 7 B&Bs in total during our stay, and unfortunately this was our least favourite shall I say. My biggest disappointment perhaps is that I thought this would be one of the best.

PROs:
1. Big room (basement suite)
2. Location is fantasic (20min walk to main city, 5 min walk to metro station)
3. Friendly staff

Unfortunately that's it

CONs:
1. Very very dirty room (mold all over the bathroom, dirty marks on walls/doors. The rooms are clearly not cleaned to any real standard.
2. Towels never changed (4 nights!) and by the end our room smelled damp.
3. Breakfast...well I wouldnt call it that. After the secod morning we had to just eat out. Bread and bagels...that's it!

Overall just run down, a few things need to be addressed considering the cost of the place. This has the potential, and maybe was better in the past, but very poor overall and would compare to a 2 star motel. I'm not being harsh as I said at the start, this is completely honest.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

Members of the staff were very friendly and helpful

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo

Been to Sweetheart Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!