“perfect stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto

You added The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   181 Wellington Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5V 3G7, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$50 Hotel Credit + More
Ranked #3 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“perfect stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

When my wife and I first arrived, the reception we had seemed a bit over the top. We are a reserved British couple after all! However we quickly realised that the staff are genuinely welcoming. Throughout the hotel we received a very friendly reception.

The staff in the club lounge quickly got to know us and looked after us superbly.

Our only regret was that we had not scheduled a longer stay as we were en route to New York. We will be back as soon as we can.

The highlights of the stay were the trip to the zoo in a limo the hotel found for less than the price of a standard taxi. Meeting old friends my wife had not seen for 20 years. AND last but not least the upgrade to a corner suite which was palatial.

Having been lucky to travel for work, I have stayed in many fine hotels. Watch out Shangri La, this Ritz Carlton is even better than you!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

A fantastic hotel located within the Theatre District, with plenty of bars to choose from. The CN Tower and harbour front is just behind the hotel and within easy walking distance.

The hotel itself was luxurious and the staff were extremely helpful and polite. The only niggle was that you had to pay for Wifi in your room and having paid a 5* price for the hotel I would of thought that it would of been included. However Wifi was available in the lobby free of charge.

Car hire was arranged via concierge with no fuss at all. They were extremely helpful and efficient whilst we were planning our trip to Niagara Falls and Niagara on the Lake.

We had a late flight home and needed to freshen up before hand and thankfully were able to use the Spa facilities to shower and change - a lovely gesture by the concierge.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
West Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Although this is a beautiful property there were many things that didn't work in our room, we had to call to get new batteries for the the tv remote, the bose system didn't work, someone had to come and reconnect all the wires and the guy who came made it seem like we should have known what to do, the coffee maker didn't work, it had to be replaced AND they didn't replace food items from the mini bar the 3 nights we were there and when I phoned to get someone to replace the tin of nuts, room service showed up wondering what I wanted. All of these things wouldn't matter to me if at any point someone in management would have contacted me to apologize for everything or treat us to a glass of wine or something but there was no mention of it and I actually wonder if anyone in management was aware of all these things. It's not about being perfect but perfectly managing issues that arise. I did however REALLY enjoy the glass of champagne as I was checking in!

Stayed July 2014
Wayne, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

i just returned from a one night stay at The Ritz. The place and service are superb. Beds are really soft and pool is great... The location is also near lots of eateries and stores. The front desk people are a gem!
My only complaint: once you arrive, valet takes your car... nice touch! until you get the bill for just valet= 48.00 !
Overall. class all the way

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I went to the spa with a friend as a birthday treat. After our massages, we went back to the changing area. In the changing area, there was a woman who was in a terrible mood and was walking around in a huff. This woman pushed past my friend and accused her loudly of keeping her locker door open which prevented her from being able to walk freely in the locker room. She then went on to yell at my friend and call her some very derogatory terms which I will not repeat here. The other customers in the locker room were shocked as well and were trying to console my friend. I was so upset and reported this to management. I expected more from them, they just quietly told us they were sorry and quickly ushered us out of the spa. Needless to say, it ruined our day and I was just shocked at how they handled it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
TimTerceira, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear Samantha,
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the behavior of the other client described and can only imagine how unsettling and awkward it would have been for yourself, friend and other guests. This is a most unusual event and only wish we had been more responsive at the time. Please contact me directly at 416 572 8010 so myself and our Spa Director may personally follow up with you on this experience.

Sincerely
Tim Terceira
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

You can feel he quality and service upon arrival. Anything you can ask for, they will take care of. Location is great. The rooms are well maintained and you feel at home while in the room. The only thing about this hotel that is not above 5 star quality is the pool. I know the hotel is in the middle of downtown, so no expectation of excellent pool. With that said, the pool is not important at all. This hotel is ALL about service! You can't beat the service from the valet, front desk, room service, restaurant, housekeeping, etc. If you go to Toronto, this is a must place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Central location. Smart design. Legendary service. A winning combination that sets the bar high for other Toronto 5 star hotel. A special thank you to Hanna who provided exceptionally friendly and helpful advice as the concierge. Thank you and well done!

Stayed July 2014

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto? Share your experiences!