The Ritz-Carlton in Toronto has a lot going for it:
1) Staff is friendly and professional. The guy who checked me in remembered me by name every time I returned to the hotel and I think this is always a nice touch, especially in a large hotel.
2) The rooms are quiet.
3) The baths are really well laid out and spacious, with a nice soaking tub and excellent separate shower.
4) The bed is comfortable.
5) I had an outdoor veranda with my room (room 603), not huge but it was nice.
The hotel, to me, has some downsides as well:
1) Nickel-and-diming people for internet. At this price point, stop doing this. It looks cheap and if you can't just roll the CAD 9.95 a day into the rate, then you are not very creative. This is one of the most annoying aspects of the large American chains such as Ritz, Hilton, Marriott, etc.
2) The room was too generic. It really, to me, was almost the same as staying in a Marriott or Hilton. Same layout, same linens, same furniture really. It should not be at this price point. The design of the room was also, frankly, boring.
I wanted to like this hotel even more, but it just isn't distinctive enough in my opinion. The price needs to be lower, in my opinion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Toronto’s most centrally located AAA Five Diamond award winning hotel, The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto welcomes guests to the heart of Canada’s most culturally diverse city. Just steps from the city’s financial district and cultural attractions, the luxury hotel offers views of the CN Tower, Lake Ontario and downtown Toronto. Featuring Canada’s only cheese cave at TOCA Restaurant, an outdoor terrace at DEQ, and the #1 Hotel Spa in the world, The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto offers an oasis in the heart of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Hotel.de, Despegar.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Toronto Hotel Toronto