“Great stay, great hotel; can not wait to return!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto

Save Saved
You added The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   181 Wellington Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5V 3G7, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$50 Hotel Credit + More
Ranked #4 of 141 hotels in Toronto
Newfoundland, Canada
“Great stay, great hotel; can not wait to return!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Having spent the weekend at the Ritz, without doubt a 5 star hotel! Check in was fast and efficient, warmly great by everyone. Our room was very nice with a great view of the CN Tower, the bed is heavenly. Had drinks and something to eat at DEQ'S the first night, the food, service, and atmosphere were ideal; the calamari was awesome! The second night we had drinks in the main Ritz bar, again good service and nice atmosphere. Special thanks to David, at the front desk, and as well the concierge, apologies forgot her name, for helping us located some event tickets. We loved our stay, highly recommend. Also this hotel is located near everything but not next to everything thus the hotel is not in a noisy area, but perfectly located for the business and financial area and it is a short cab ride to everywhere else you want to go to in downtown Toronto

Room Tip: Room facing the CN Tower is nice.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

540 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Everyone from from our sales rep to all the staff at the hotel made it a perfect weekend getaway. Our rep was amazing in taking care of everything we wanted. We were there to celebrate my husband's birthday and all of the staff did an excellent job of making it truly special. We were greeted by name every where we went, which was great. Amazing view of the CN tower from the pool/whirlpool. Best 5* we have stayed at anywhere in the world, can't wait to do it again soon!

Room Tip: Corner suites
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

The Ritz in Toronto is outstanding from check in to check out. Friendly, welcoming, informative from check in to check out. The 20th floor is worth the extra spend. This is truly a treat. We also visited the spa which was beautiful. The lounge area inbetween treatments is spectacular. Decor is cream and orange with lovely grey cashmere blankets to keep warm. The soaring ceiling with and light fixtures pulls it all together. I look forward to returning for my next staycation.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

With no doubt one of my best experiences at a hotel, worldwide. They just MADE IT!

I arrived and was greeted at the door by my name when the doorman had read my luggage tag after getting it out of the car. Immediately escorted to the front desk where i was checked in is LESS THAN A MINUTE which was great as I was not feeling good. I was also escorted to the room (19th floor) where I had spectacular views over the lake and the famous tower.

Big size room equipped with Nespresso machine, iphone docking station, big bathtub, rainshower, TV in the bathroom. What surprised me the most is that the hotel looked BRAND NEW and apparently it has been opened for about 3 years. Everything was impeccable to be honest. You really have a comfortable feel with a perfect balance between functionality and sophistication.

But the thing that I was most impressed about and most important was the service. I have never felt so special. When the in-room dining lady (Czech) came to bring me dinner, she offered to buy some pills for me and asked if i needed anything else. When coming in again to pick up the plates she brought me a drink (I don't know the brand it was in a can like coca cola) which she said would calm my throat. I was impressed by her attention and she really demonstrated she was caring to me. THANK YOU!!!! All staff throughout the hotel was always greeting you no matter how many times you passed by or even if they were busy with other guests.

Breakfast was excellent as well, with a good variety of hot dishes. However the ceramic lids are sooo heavy!!! Again service was impeccable.

The bar had a very nice waitress who introduced herself for whatever we would need and we really felt comfortable.

Space for improvement? The pressure on the shower which was low for my liking. However all the rest compensated that.

Being myself a hotelier of a competitor brand of Ritz Carlton, I can honestly suggest this hotel as the place to be in Toronto. They truly work hard to make you happy. THANK YOU to all the team!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

On arrival the doorman offers to take our baggage, which we gladly oblige. We then check in at the front desk. The manager comes to greet us by name without asking who we are, and whisk us to the Club lounge for check in. We are seated and the reception package is all ready, and we are offered welcome drinks. The front desk manager then gives us a tour our room and we have a nice chat. It looks as if they are anticipating our arrival, and how they greet us by name without us introducing ourselves still elude us.

Facility is what you expect from Ritz-Carlton, service is unruffled and attentive. You feel welcome all the way. The Club lounge serves breakfast, lunch, snacks, hors d'oeuvre, sweets all day long. Access to spa facilities. Everything seems effortless and yet efficient.

And here's the point: I have a year round code at 55% off regular weekend rates. So for the price of Renaissance you get Ritz-Carlton. If this is not 5 star value what can it be?

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Aurora, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

One of the best Marriott's that I have stayed at. Great hotel, very clean. Exceptional rooms. Staff was amazing, very accomodating and extremely knowledgeable. I will deffinitely stay again. This is my new favorite hotel to stay for business when in Toronto.

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband had to have surgery and we decided that I would stay downtown in a hotel while he was in the hospital. We chose the Ritz Carton because of our experience with other Ritz Carlton hotels. It was from December 20 - 28, so right during the Christmas Holidays.

The room was lovely and very comfortable - exactly what I've come to expect from Ritz Carlton, but it was the service that truly impressed me. It was so over and above what I even expected from a Ritz that we're going to go back just for fun even though we live in the Toronto area.

The staff went out of their way to accommodate ALL my needs and made me feel like I was coming home to family each night after I came back from the hospital. When I needed room service, it was excellent and quick and everyone went out of their way to help me. The hotel car took me to and from the hospital, eliminating the stress of traveling alone at night in an area that was not lively at night.

There was nothing they could have done better or more than what they did and I'll be forever grateful to them for making what was a very stressful time, much easier for us to get through.

Room Tip: The lake view on the SImcoe Park side is beautiful. You get the CN Tower, the Dome, The Convention C...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto? Share your experiences!