“Superior Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto

You added The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   181 Wellington Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5V 3G7, Canada (Downtown West)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$400 Hotel Credit
Ranked #7 of 139 Hotels in Toronto
Ontario Canada
“Superior Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I visit Toronto several times per year and I must say that this is by far, the best hotel I have stayed in. All staff I encountered were friendly, courteous and pleasant. The room amenities truly felt luxurious from the heated flooring in the bathroom to the amazing view of Lake Ontario to the turn down service and chocolates. The overall appearance and cleanliness inside and out was impeccable. We opted to pay for the club lounge and discovered that the beverage and food selections were certainly a cut above average from what I have experienced at other hotels. Even the alcohol was included.
Just before I arrived at the hotel, my tire pressure light came on indicating the winter tires I just had installed required some air. I pulled in to the hotel and asked the valet where the closest service station was as I required air for my tire and he offered to take care of it! In fact, I was not charged extra for this service. This was a very unexpected surprise and most appreciated!! Thank you so much to all of the staff at the Ritz, I will definitely be returning!

Room Tip: Opt for Club Lounge. The food and beverages are worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The concierge in this hotel is the best I have come across ever (and I check-in at about 25 five star hotels every year). I had my luggage damaged when I landed in Toronto and had meetings starting early morning, hence could not get to buy another piece in time. The concierge was able to get someone to buy a duffell bag first thing in morning and it took me 5 mins to swing by, collect it and move on. And they did not even charge me for it. Very helpful I will stay here everytime in toronto, despite a high price tag. So worth it!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Got away for a weekend with spouse and left kids with sitter - just to set the scene. 1st things first, service was impeccable from the moment we arrived through to departure.

Upon check in we were upgraded to a corner deluxe suite on a high floor with a view of the city, it was just "done", no requests required. Christmas will be an incredible experience at the Ritz - gingerbread models of the city were in the lobby and they are hosting family tea parties up till Christmas (good reason to bring kids next time).

The spa is very chic, and great ambiance - salt water pool was very relaxing and nice couches to chill out in.

We dinned in the hotel at TOCA, and the service, meal, dessert and wine were wonderful - no reason to leave the hotel.

Everything from the front desk concierge service to our check out was 5 stars of service - what you save at any other Toronto hotel isn't worth the difference for what you will experience at a Ritz Carlton.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
London, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Had a great 2 night break here, the staff and service was great and wonderful rooms, the hotel is clean throughout and we will return if ever in the Toronto area in the future. The local restaurants within walking distance are great and ask the concierge who has a wealth of information. Breakfast service is good and everyone seems very friendly within this hotel

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Stayed over the Grey Cup weekend - Nov.23-25 - in a one-bedroom corner suite. The suite boasts a separate sitting room with a pull-out Queen sofa bed. The hotel facilities are nice with a workout room and an indoor salt water swimming pool. Since it is only 1-year old, everything looks fresh and clean.

PRO:

* Service level is high. All staff are on the ball. Special mention to Preshit, Front Desk Agent, who was the only staff who greeted me by name every time.. Also, Niko at the front desk offered to sign me up for Ritz Carlton rewards card on checking out. Housekeepers very responsive.
* Value for money as I paid $520 weekend rate for the suite which was way cheaper than 4-Seasons. As comparison, Peninsula Tokyo charged $1,200/night for its suite.
* TOCA restaurant has nice food & service.

CON:

* Towels & bath robes are bit rough for a 5-star hotel, having gone thru' too many washes. The best are from 4-Seasons, Peninsula & Mandarin Oreintal.
* The ice bucket was not filled on both days.
* Water shower pressure is just OK. No rain shower.
* Location is not that convenient for leisure travellers as it is located on the fringes near CN Tower & Roy Thomson Hall.

CONCLUSION

Have not been a regular poster, but stayed at many top hotels. This was my second stay at a Ritz Carlton chain. My other stay was Ritz - South Beach, Miami.

Will definitely return. Ritz is a notch below 4-Seasons', Peninsula's and Mandarin Oriental's of the world. In Toronto, there are other new 5-star hotels such as Shangri-La and Trump.

Room Tip: One-bedroom suite faces CN Tower & the Bay.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

The staff at this hotel were friendly - and the rooms were clean. I left my cell phone charger in the room and they were able to track it down for me. We had a horrible view which I was sad about considering we had booked so early - that was the unfortunate part, and they were not able to change it. The view looked onto a parking lot. The beds were comfortable, and the location great. But the best thing about this hotel was the wonderful cleaning lady who brightened my day, I wish I could remember her name.. but if you meet her you will know what I mean :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We we're upgraded to this hotel for free for 1 night by a travel agent from a less expensive hotel, so my wife and I went in with no expectations. WOW! We we're blown away by the attentiveness of staff, the helpfulness and thoughtfulness of the front desk clerks and the complimentary treats/note left by the turn down service.

Room was clean, bed super comfy and the really cool inbuilt TV in the bathroom mirror made it an amazing experience.

I would not have been disappointed of we had paid full rate!

My new favorite hotel