“Ultimate comfort, beauty and service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto

You added The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   181 Wellington Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5V 3G7, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$400 Hotel Credit
Ranked #6 of 140 Hotels in Toronto
Charlotte, NC
“Ultimate comfort, beauty and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed three nights on the club floor at Toronto's Ritz Carlton recently, and I wish we were still there! It's very similar to our favorite RC in San Francisco: elegant lounge with continuous delicious food and an open bar, professional and most gracious staff, and awesome views of the city, including a close-up of Toronto's tower from the lounge. Our room was also large and lovely, with beautiful comfort all around. The bed's truly wonderful! Yes, it's expensive to stay on the club floor, but nothing else compares. You really could eat every meal in the lounge -- especially if, like me, you enjoy small portions. Oh, and a chocolate fountain every evening! Some places are unforgettable. This hotel is one of those.

Room Tip: If you can do it, go for the club floor. It's worth it.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Here is my short review of the brand new Ritz-Carlton Toronto.

My wife and I stayed there for 1 night, for our anniversary.

As soon as you pull up to the front, the valet takes your vehicle. At no point is there the sense that you need to tip them. Their attitudes do not change if you don't tip them. I forgot to tip him when he picked up my car, I guess because I was too excited :).

When you step in to the hotel, it is bright and clean. We stood in line for about 10 minutes to check in. The concierge was very helpful and polite.

You can tell the hotel is very clean. They have excellent maintenance.

Overall Rating for the hotel: 9/10

Room: 9.5/10. The view was overlooking the top of another building, so I knock off 0.5.
Cleanliness: 9/10. The carpet in the room was not the greatest, so knock off 1.
Staff: 9/10. They were a bit unorganized when checking in, so knock off 1. However, everyone greeted you at all points of your stay.

Unfortunately, we didn't go to the hotel bar, or restaurant, partly due to $ (way too expensive). Room service was also very expensive.

I would recommend this hotel to everyone. It was a great hotel, and surrounding area was phenomenal. Of course, this hotel caters to the higher income bracket, and for those readers, there is also Roy Thomson Hall right in front if you like that kind of entertainment. It was 5 minute walk from all bars, and about 10-15 minute cab drive to entertainment district.

Please PM me if you have questions.

Regina, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

From the moment you arrive at the hotel, the service is outstanding. While paying the limo driver, the bell staff removed my luggage and by looking at the tags, let the front desk know that I had arrived. As soon as I walked in my key was ready and they took my bags as I had run into a friend in the lobby and we were headed out. Without asking, they took my bags up to the room and I was set to go!

The bar serves an exceptional mojito. The food we had through the entire conference was very good.

The only thing I found was that the hotel set up was a bit confusing. There are three sets of elevators....one for guests, one for the conference area and one for parking. I was forever going into the wrong elevator.

The rooms were excellent with a nice bose radio/sound dock in the room. Housekeeping and turn down service were excellent! The beds are outstanding.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

From the moment we arrived to the morning of departure we were made to feel like"family". While only being there for 3 nights, the staff were very pleasant, had good referrals for neighborhoods and restaurants to visit.
The indoor pool was heavenly and the housekeeping staff had high standards for the upkeep of the rooms and the common areas.
The new outdoor patio at the front of the hotel is an interesting spot however all the private hotel cars parked outside was less than attractive and took away from the people watching.

Room Tip: I can't believe there would be a bad room, but would suggest a high floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
JHB, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

The Ritz Carlton is everything you would expect from a five star hotel. It is modern, has got all the new technology in place, the rooms are big and the bathrooms is excellent. The staff is friendly and very helpfull. It is also well situated in downtown Toronto. The only gripe was that on a Saturday night you can not get close to the bar on the groundfloor. It seems to be a very popular place for the local young and wealthy, with a queing system at the entrance. But the following evenings all was back to normal and it was pleasantly quite at the bar. The restaurant serve very good food, but be aware that the prices is high. For the discerning traveller this is a must.

Hong Kong Region, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Stayed there for 8 nights with family. Excellent service and facilities. Staff were all very nice to us - my husband and I, my 80+ years parent and young nephew and niece. Warm Service! Unusual to a business hotel. Swimming pool is clean but not very big and share with apartment guest. No chance to try Spa.

Room Tip: Roger Center and CN Tower are right in front of the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Barrie, ON, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

From the moment we pulled up to the moment we checked out we were treated like gold! We stayed one night with 2 14 year old boys as we were in town for the Fan Expo at the Convention Centre. The location was perfect with it being a 2 minute walk and the hotel itself is gorgeous. We arrived early hoping for a place to store our luggage and were pleasantly surprised that they had a room ready for us and gave us an upgrade! The rooms were spotless and very tastefully decorated. I enjoyed the bath with a TV built into the mirror glass! In the evening we enjoyed a drink at DEQ, which is a beautiful outdoor patio, while the boys lounged in the room. The next day we had a delicious breakfast in TOCA and loved the impeccable service - something that this hotel has in spades! They even checked our luggage for us and let us keep our vehicle in the valet until we were done another long day at the Convention Centre. The Ritz made our mini vacation perfect and I can't wait to find another excuse to stay there again!

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a corner suite that gave the grown ups and teens separate space to unwind. The e...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto? Share your experiences!