“One of my favorites” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto

You added The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   181 Wellington Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5V 3G7, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$400 Hotel Credit
Ranked #5 of 140 Hotels in Toronto
Brooklyn, NY
“One of my favorites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

I travel a lot for business and this is now one of my favorites. I'm not always a fan of modern hotels, but the Ritz-Carlton Toronto is first rate. Gorgeous and interesting architecture, very good service (front desk and concierge were helpful and professional), good room service food, very clean and spacious rooms, excellent pool and gym. The restaurant is good, my only complaint is that it isn't open for dinner on Sunday evenings, the only in-hotel option is the bar/lounge. But I find the place very relaxing. The hotel just has a very pleasant and calm vibe, which is perfect for exhausting business travel. Business center is adequate, not great.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
London, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

I satyed at this hotel.Its new yes but tthe hype that its Ritz is overstated.Its not like a Ritz in the cayman Islands or some resort.Lobby is average except the chandelier .Rooms are morden but way overcharged even breathing in there is charged i guess..not worth it.outside they put a sign Ritz carlton like its some strip joint not impressed.service just as any other hotel if not less coz of the price ,i guess i will need more since i pay high.All in all its an average hotel hugely overpriced.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

The new Ritz Carlton in Toronto is a lovely downtown hotel with appropriate 5 star accoutrements but a staff that doesn't quite rise to the 5 star level. Room service failed to deliver our order because 'they forgot to write down our room number'. Although front desk reception was fine and they tried to be helpful they are not polished. Hopefully, they are working on this.

On the other hand, it's infinitely better than the Royal York.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
ontario canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

new, but definitely lacking in character...
The service was definetly not of a 5 star
Sure they have a LCD TV incased within the mirror does that make you a 5 star hotel.
We only had Breakfast and drinks at the bar (all the cups a breakfast were dirty on our table) the food was ok and very expensive. 21.00 dollars for a white egg omelette with nothing else on the plate(come on) We had 14.00$ Margarita no snacks!
Shampoo, conditionner and shower jel in the shower only...don't forget your soap or your shampoo if you want to have a bath! cheap, cheap !!! Love the radiant heat, the marble bathroom, the bedding, the locations I just think they need some fine tunning to really make a five star hotel.
We have stayed at the Four Seasons in Toronto, the Intercontinental on Bloor(4 star), the Hyatt on Bloor they have every details covered.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

Stayed at the Ritz for one night...celebrated my birthday with my husband. The location was perfect. Upon check in they upgraded me to a beautiful suite. the service was absolutely amazing and the room was perfect!! I couldn't find one thing to complain about. I am usually very picky, but really could find nothing wrong with this hotel. We had breakfast in the restaurant which was terrific. Thank you Alan (front desk) for the beautiful room and for the amazing service. I would totally recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

It's my second time at the Ritz in Toronto. I used to go to the Royal York when I was in TO. I've also stayed at the Park Hyatt from time to time.

For what I do and need when I'm in town, it's hard to beat the Ritz-Carlton. It's close to Toronto Island Airport, it's close to the downtown core business district and the rooms are comfortable and well decorated.

The front desk service at arrival as been an issue both time I came in, but apart from that it's been a positive experience. But to get a 5 star rating from me, they need to get up to speed when we check-in (for example, wrong room when you arrive with a gift basket for another guest, screwdriver left in the bathroom from maintenance, etc...).

I am going back on November 29th, so will see. In the meantime, it's a very good start for a beautiful city.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Earth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

I stayed at the RC Toronto with my wife and our 10 year old son during a 4 night city-trip to Toronto in late October 2011. First of all the hotel does not come cheap but it is definitively worth the money. This was our first trip to Toronto so it took me quiet a time to browse through all the hotels on Tripadvisor but finally I decided to spend some extra money and enjoy a luxurious hotel. I never regretted it! The hotel itself is brand new and conveniently located on Wellington Street right behind the Metro Toronto Convention Center and the CN-Tower. You will be able to walk to almost all sites in Downtown and the Financial District, but you will need a taxi to get to Bloor/Yorkville. From the moment I entered the lobby I felt right at home. I was greeted by everyone I encountered with my full name minutes after arrival. Luckily I was upgraded to the Club-Level whereas our room was on the 16th floor facing the lake (1615). The rooms are brand new with the usual understated RC luxury. Everything was clean and comfy as expected. We got a room with 2 beds, one for the Master and the other one for my wife and myself. At first I thought about an additional extra bed, but the beds are huge. So sleeping space was no problem. Even with the 2 bed in our room there was enough space for the 3 of us. We never felt cramped. There was sufficient closet space for all of us. The hallway of the room is light marble whereas the living room is lined with carpet. There is a complimentary tea- and coffeemaker in the hallway as well as the fully stocked minibar. The marbled bathroom had ample space, 2 sinks, a separate WC and a separate walk-in shower. The mirror had an embedded TV. The view from the 16th floor was nice but not overwhelming. The only minor negative point about the room was the connecting door. After falling asleep around 20:00 at our first night due to the jet-lag I woke up around 23:00 hearing loud voices and party noise in the other room. After lying awake for 15 minutes I decided to call the front desk. Within minutes security showed up and it turned silent for the rest of our stay. I thought I ha a déjà-vu since this happens to me on most of my long haul trips. I even once accused my neighbor of noise disturbance while staying at The Peninsula Bangkok. Finally I figured out that my wife has left her I pod on the docking station and the music was coming out of the loudspeakers behind our bed. Awkward!

What really made our stay special was the extraordinary friendliness as well as the attitude and commitment of the entire Club staff during our visit. Especially I like mention Mr. Hannud from the Club staff who was amazingly friendly. The Club itself is on the 21st floor and we really enjoyed the four times daily food presentations. It started with a sumptuous breakfast followed by snacks for lunch and canapés before dinner, completed by a dessert buffet just before bedtime. Needless to say that everything was delicious and I gained 2 kg weight.

But we literally appreciated the real-value of the hotel and the service commitment of the RC staff just after check-out. We had left Toronto and had already arrived at Niagara-Falls when my wife noticed that she had forgotten all her jewelry in the room-safe. Another déjà-vu since this also happened before while staying at the Mandarin Oriental Boston and had led to some unpleasant surprises. But RC handled everything extremely professional. Within 24 hours (!) the jewelry was returned to us in Niagara-Falls (!) due to the amazing effort of Mr. Krzyztof Mazur from the RC Toronto after driving the complete distance. We are deeply grateful for his service commitment and for sure will never forget this episode as well as Mr. Mazurs effort in our whole life. Always check the room-safe before leaving!

Overall we were highly satisfied with our entire stay that was made special though the natural kindliness and the service commitment of the staff as well as the comfy rooms and gorgeous atmosphere. Having stayed in many 5-star hotels around the world including many Mandarin Oriental´s, Four Season´s as well as Peninsula hotels I have to admit that this hotel truly belongs into the same category. This was one of the best hotel stays in my entire life. We are looking forward to return to the RC Toronto as soon as possible.

Room Tip: Get a room with lake view but without connecting door