“THE BEST” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
Various
“THE BEST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

Stayed couple time with family booking several rooms. excellent location (except if you wnt to drive with your own car a lot in and out), very nice rooms, great service. One on the very rare hotels I really do like to stay at.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

This hotel is fantastic. It is very clean and the staff are excellent. The location is very good and you can walk to a lot of tourist sites easily. We had a king room and it was very spacious, the bathroom was very nice and extremely clean . The bed was extremely comfortable and we enjoyed a great nights sleep. Our package included breakfast and there was a fairly good selection and it was very fresh however I would suggest suggest that they should offer a cooked breakfast as an option. There is also a pharmacy, liquor store, grocery store and several nice restaurants in the same building. Parking is available onsite as well. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Dear Yorkshiremanontario,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor readers. I am thilled to hear that you enjoyed the service and you got a good night's sleep in the comfort of our beds.

I wanted to let you know that in addition to the complimentary deluxe continental breakfast, we have recently introduce an à la carte menu for those who prefer something cooked to get their day started!

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon and would love hearing your comments about this new breakfast offer.

Best regards,

Paul de La Durantaye
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

This was our first trip to Canada and I am glad to say that Hotel Le Germain really enhanced our experience. Toronto is an amazing city but our holiday was made all the better because we stayed in this great hotel.
From the moment you walk through the door you get a feeling that this is going to be a great stay. And they did not disappoint…
The room was jaw-dropping… Spacious, stylish and comfortable.
Great shower, bathroom, TV and the bed just swallows you up.
All staff were tremendously helpful and friendly from the cleaners to the breakfast crew to front desk.
Special mention to Michael in the bar – he served us some great drinks.
I am very grateful to Hotel Le Germain for making our first Canadian experience such an enjoyable one. We can’t wait to come back!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

We loved this hotel. Excellent location in the heart of the city. The rooms are well designed and extremely comfortable. I have to make particular reference to Susan & Gregory in the concierge team. They were extremely helpful. they sorted us out with a hire car at half the price of the quotes that I had been given. Their advice on visits, restaurants and things to do was spot on.

For those not wanting to go out to eat, there is very good supermarket right next to the hotel.

Highly recommended for work or pleasure.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

We picked le germain for our wedding night. I stayed here the night before too and originally my maid of honour was staying with me with her baby , which I told them , so when I arrived I found a lovely cot made for her , a diaper genie , crib, baby monitor , baby tub , etc, they really went all out and I was so impressed .
We asked for many things on the wedding day because we were all Getting ready there with make up artists etc and they were so nice about it all and they did everything we asked . They also cleaned the room
by a certain time we requested .
They gave us a nice gift of two glasses and some fruit etc to
Congratulate us .
We were given a great rate on our suite for the occasion .
This hotel and everyone that worked there especially Simon (who we met with when touring the hotel) made me feel
so special, which is so helpful especially when your getting married . The service here is top notch , we stay in many hotels and travel a lot and this hotel is excellent . Great decor and location too , lcbo, bank , longos etc all in the same plaza . Amazing ! There was also this young man working there with glasses who brought us extra blankets , pillows etc i forget his name but he was so fantastic , great work .

• Stayed August 2014
, General Manager at Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear Iyssa83,

Congratulations on your recent mariage! I am very happy to hear that we were able to help make your day special.

I will pass on your comments to Simon and also to our housekeeping team who takes pride is ensuring the room is set up with everything a parent and child may need. They will be thrilled to hear that it is appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

All the best,

Paul de La Durantaye
South East England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

I selected this hotel from TripAdvisor reviews and was not disappointed. This really is an excellent hotel with only one small niggle around breakfast. The reception staff were excellent. They were very polite and efficient with everything at hand which made for a speedy check-in. We received an upgrade which obviously put us in a good frame of mind when we went to our room. The suite was very clean and exceptionally well appointed with everything you could want. With regard to breakfast, it really was a bit of a scrum on the three mornings we were there. On reflection I think the problem was down to the clientele who were staying that weekend rather than the hotel. However the whole breakfast experience was made more palatable than I initially thought by the friendliness and helpfulness of the young people who staffed the breakfast area. How they remained so bright and cheerful in such circumstances amazed me.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

I recently returned from a business trip in Toronto. I usually have my "go-to" hotels that I stay at but some of my colleagues were staying at the Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square so I decided to give it a shot. I'm glad I did.

Here my assessment:

Positives:
+ Modern Comfortable Hotel - I am a big fan of the hotel's modern decor, right from the sleek lobby with in-floor ambient lighting to the platform bed.
+ Free and Fast Wifi - I had no problems with my wifi.
+ Rooms were Nicely Appointed - I appreciated the Molton Brown toiletries and the Nexpresso machine with three capsules.
+ Very Comfortable Bed - I don't know what type of bed it was but it was heavenly and I slept like a baby which is unusual for me and hotel beds. Perhaps it was the goose down pillows and the Frette sheets.

Negative:
- No dedicated taxi stand - There was a taxi stand across from the hotel close to an office building but the line-up was horrendous. I had better luck walking down York Street and flagging a cab in the middle of rush hour.

All in all, I would stay at the Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square again.

AHK403YYC

Room Tip: My room was behind the elevator banks and it was very quiet.