“Finally, a hotel that delivers all it promises....and more!” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
25% off room rate
Ranked #4 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
Winnipeg, Canada
“Finally, a hotel that delivers all it promises....and more!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I booked two rooms from August 1st -4th at Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square primarily due to reviews I had read on Trip Advisor and the proximity to the Rogers Centre(as we were in Toronto for concert). To say I was pleased is an understatement. This hotel is amazing!

The staff (and I mean every single one who we met and contirbuted to meeting our needs) were professional, courteous and beyond competent. What impressed us the most however was how genuine they were and how each one reflected pride in the service they provided. I can only assume the management of this establishment understands how this exceptional work culture elevates this hotel to a level all its own and values these professional accordingly. For me, they are the primary reason, this will be the only hotel I stay at when visiting Toronto in the future.

The decor is modern,sleek and very stylish, incorporating elements such as rich wood grains, brushed concrete, tiles (both ceramic and slate) plush carpets and is infused with lighting that not only illuminates, but calms and soothes the soul.

The rooms are beautiful, exceptionally clean, well maintained. They are appointed with the best bed I have ever slept on, with down pillows, quilt and luxurious cotton sheets.
The bathroom had a spacious shower with an incredible rain shower head and hand held wand, with terrific water pressure and individual temperature control and had some of the best body wash, shampoo/conditioner I have ever used, along with thick absorbent towels and robes.
Continental breakfast and room service were exceptional in every way!

The Hotel Le Germain is located within the Maple Leaf Square, which offers among other services, two suburb eateries, a large grocery, liquor store, bank and a Starbucks. It is mere steps to Union station, Air Canada Centre and walking distance to the Harbourfront, Rogers Centre, CN Tower and Aquatic Museum.........

We could not have had a better experience and it bears repeating that for us The Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square is the only hotel I will stay at when visiting Toronto!

Room Tip: We had the standard room - but it was anything but-equivalent to most other hotels upscale rooms/sui...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

This is a gorgeous hotel. The high end finishes, the wood, the detail...uplighting in the elevators, built in cabinetry in the rooms, super comfortable beds and rainshowers, such a beautiful way to make a guest feel welcome without being pretentious or over the top in decor choices. We had just came from Toronto Pearson Airport after a vacation in Europe and we were glad to be home. The hotel staff are courteous, attentive, and genuinely interested in their clients.Free Wifi and excellent fresh continental breakfasts and the in room N'espresso machine were awesome. We ordered room service after a day of shopping and the next day the gentleman who served us saw us in the lounge and asked if the meal was satisfactory (Room service food is excellent here) We stayed here because we had tickets to see Bruno Mars at the Air Canada Centre on the 27th and it was great just to walk back about 500 ft to the hotel for a cozy evening in before heading home the next morning. This is the best way to visit and appreciate Toronto. Highly recommend the hotel

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Rochester, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We just got back from a weekend stay at the Le Germain and we were so impressed with everything about this hotel, that I had to write a review. My family was there for a concert at the Rogers Centre and the location was perfect, a few short blocks down the street. Union Station is right across the street, allowing us fast and easy access to the trains and subways that make up Toronto's fantastic transit system, There is also a full-size gourmet grocery store right around the corner which is very convenient for snacks and drinks. The hotel itself is very classy yet not pretentious and decorated in a modern minimalist fashion. The hotel is small enough so that the desk attendants, concierge and valet all remember you as guest and you are greatly warmly every time you step into the lobby. The staff was so very helpful with our many, many requests for help (directions, places to visit, printing out tickets, restaurants etc.). The breakfast is fantastic and very European - specialty coffees and teas, cheese and meat platters, fine pastries and many more traditional breakfast fare items. Beds are out of this world comfortable too! If you are planning a trip to Toronto, do not hesitate to pick the Le Germain as your hotel, you will not be sorry. Cannot wait for our next trip to Toronto so we can explore this beautiful city and stay at this lovely hotel again!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Chantilly, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

1st time visit to Canada...Spent a very romantic weekend in Toronto at Hotel Le Germain for Caribana weekend. Everything was 4 +stars. From the decor, to the conceirge service and Mariana, our bartender.

Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, great entertainment, shopping and restaurants.

The hotel decor was top-notch.. Our room was spectacular! Very modern designed.
As a travel agent, I will definitely be recommeding this hotel chain to my clients..

Well definitely come back for another visit soon!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I took three of my four children to Toronto for a first time visit to the city and what a wonderful stay we had at Hotel Le Germain. This is an outstanding hotel.....one of the very best I have stayed at over my many years of travel. In preparation of our trip (which included Niagara) I spent hours looking at the many hotel options in Toronto and chose this hotel after reading the glowing reviews on TripAdvisor.

When we arrived at the hotel early on Monday afternoon, we were greeted by Gregory, who correctly guessed who we were based on our reservation information. How nice it is to be welcomed so warmly. When I initially made the reservation, I let them know that I had discovered the hotel via Tripadvisor and they told me that they would upgrade my room and provide me with a $20 credit to their lounge. When Gregory processed our check-in, all this had been entered into their system and we were give a fantastic room with the credit. Shortly after entering our room, we were greeted with fresh baked cookies and fruit and then a call from Gregory asking if our room was okay.

The hotel is located in an ideal location two blocks from the waterfront and just a five minute walk to the CN Tower, Ripleys' Aquarium, and less than ten minutes from the Hockey Hall of Fame. From the moment you enter the lobby and ultimately your room, you know this us an upscale hotel that strives to provide the ultimate in comfort and service. The room are spacious and full of wonderful high end features that simply do not exist at most hotels (lighting, stereo system, shower etc.). The beds were perhaps the most comfortable of any that I have experienced anywhere in the world. The continental breakfast was outstanding and again, one of the very best we have experienced. The lobby lounge was also well appointed and served fantastic drinks.

My three kids were struck by how nice this hotel was and commented that it was the nicest they had stayed at in their more limited travel experience. I cannot disagree. The Hotel Le Germain is an outstanding choice for Toronto and I recommend it highly among the many choices available.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dublin, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I stayed at this hotel towards the end of April as my conference hotel was all booked up. The location is fabulous, next to the Air Canada center and in the midst of a lot of the activities. The lobby itself is quite elementary but the room was spacious and very modern. The bedroom was spacious as was the bathroom with double sinks. The inbuilt cabinets in the bedroom that stored the iron and other amenities left the room looking very clean and were a plus. The bar downstairs was excellent for drinks as well as hors d'oeuvres and lunch.

Stayed April 2014
Niagara Falls, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Spent a romantic weekend in Toronto at Le Germaine. Everything was top notch from the staff to the goodies waiting for us in our room at arrival to the comfy and coolness of the room itself. It is right beside the Air Canada centre and down the street from the CN tower and Rogers Centre. Also very close to the Harbourfront. Can't wait till our next stay here!

Room Tip: We were in 630 with an amazing view of the CN Tower.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square? Share your experiences!