“Wonderful Hotel and Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
25% off room rate
Ranked #4 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
san francisco
“Wonderful Hotel and Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

This stay ruined all the hotels for the rest of my Canada week! I picked this hotel based on Tripadvisor reviews. The other hotels above this were further north and I wanted to stay by the train station where I could possibly leave my luggage for easy pickup to Billy Bishop airport. After I found a promotion on tripadvisor for a room upgrade I went with this reservation. The prices of the other hotels (i looked at shangri la, etc) were comparable but the reviews were much better. I contacted Ahora (their concierge) who was very helpful with confirming the promotion and reservation. we ended up getting an upgrade that included a corner room with a round bed. First, the hotel is lovely inside. Breakfast is included along with free wifi. (I remember the free wifi but totally was surprised by the breakfast. I don't usually require hotels with breakfast so I most likely didn't care when i booked the room). Also late check out at 2pm and $25 credit at their PLAY lounge. We walked into our room and snacks greeted us which were very yummy. After exploring the room (large bathroom with seperated toilet, shower and bath), we went downstairs where Susan the concierge was helpful with giving us a walking route for things to see. We were only there for about 24 hours so we followed a lot of her recs for a nice stroll through downtown Toronto and the lakefront. We returned from dinner and the walk and found we also got a turndown service where they filled the water carafe and placed it at the bedside in case we wanted any water at night. Also they included chocolates. Oh newspaper delivery in the AM of your choice. The bed is super comfortable and the bathroom rainshower is awesome! towels were fluffy and they had slippers if you wanted them. I loved the decor of the room especially the room-number cups in the bathroom! Breakfast is the usual cereal and pastries but you also get fresh fruit and a variety of cheese and meats and oatmeal! Best part is that you can get an expresso or cappucino for your coffee choices and not just plain drip coffee. Nespresso machine in the room. It was NOT loud to me at all but it is right in the square with their hockey stadium and train station so i expect it can be loud. earplugs were included in the room during turndown if one needed it.

Overall this was a lovely hotel and would be a reason for me to visit and see the rest of Toronto and visit the falls next time. We needed to check out but had 2 hours to kill before going to the airport so we asked if we could use our credit in the lounge. They let us put in a drink order (and they give you free nut mix!) so we could use the credit and then did our check out! Super accomodating!!! Would definitely stay here again!

the TV didn't work but i didn't care much as we tried to watch it at midnight and just ended up falling asleep after.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I loved everything about this hotel and would recommend it to anyone. It is close to just about everything Toronto has to offer. It is upscale with a modern look and has free breakfast with great coffee in the mornings. Would stay here again in an instant. My brother and always rave about this hotel to other people when we talk about a night out in Toronto.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Deep River, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Our second visit to this great hotel. Everything was just as good as last time - room very clean and comfortable, great decor, breakfast very nice and all the staff were very helpful. We will definitely be back!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
NY, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

This review is a bit dated (apologies), we stayed at the Le Germain in February and very much enjoyed our stay.

We were there during the Olympics which we wanted to watch and unfortunately there was a problem with the TV in our room. It couldn't be fixed, so we were moved to another room. Upon entering the new room we realized they moved us to a suite (bedroom, living room, dining area, 1.5 baths) that was really lovely. We certainly didn't expect that and it was a very generous response. We invited a friend who works for another luxury hotel company to come visit us for a drink in the room, she was impressed.

It was really cold when we were there, so we didn't go very far from the hotel, but it's convenient location allowed us to do quite a bit within a limited radius (including St. Lawrence Market, Hockey Hall of Fame, auto show at the convention center). The CN tower and Ripley's Aquarium are also very close, though we didn't go in. Too bad no home hockey games were on when we were there. Located just below the hotel there is a Longo's grocery, like a Whole Foods, and branch of TD Bank with ATMs.

The breakfast was perfect for us, various options including yogurt, granola, fruit, pastries, fruit juices - all very fresh. I think there was also a warm option, (pancakes, bread pudding?) possibly different each day.

Once I figured out how to work the shower controls the big rain showerhead was great. The room provides a number of modern amenities that make it very comfortable - ample and easily accessed outlets for charging your electronics, good lighting with some central controls, Nespresso coffee machine. Okay, I have one suggestion - larger wastebaskets.

Otherwise we really enjoyed our stay. And it wasn't just because we were in the suite, our original room was also very nice and comfortable with the same amenities mentioned above. But it one example of the hotel's view on service and interest in the comfort of its guests. Everyone in the staff that we encountered was very nice and helpful. And the welcoming cookies are a nice touch!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Convenient to almost everything- Roger Centre, Ripley's Aquarium, Air Canada Center (right next door!) and very walkable to the waterfront. Plenty of restaurant and shopping choices nearby. Excellent quality inside.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Bowie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We spent four nights over a long weekend in June-July 2014 and can't stop raving about this hotel. It doesn't hurt that we enjoyed a fantastic upgrade, but I have to imagine all the rooms are wonderful. It is a new property, centrally located within walkable distance to many attractions (though cabs are also plenty available as well as transit). The modern furnishings and decor were soothing and tasteful. The room appointments were top notch, from the terry robes in the bathroom to the bedding. My husband is picky about pillows and he loved theirs. I need a lot of darkness for sleep and they have a neat shade system including a solar shade and a blackout shade. I appreciate the eco/green efforts, including filtered water coolers so you don't have to stock plastic bottles. Free wifi, iPod dock, Nespresso machine -- lots of in-room extras. Be sure to take advantage of the free breakfast, too -- freshly squeezed orange juice, a wide assortment of healthy food and impeccable service. We loved this hotel, would definitely stay again and are recommending it to everyone we know.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Columbus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

It's a wonderful hotel. I book it for my family trip, and my parents are totally satisfied! The atmosphere is bright and cozy. Excellent services. Especially the doormen are working with passion and provide great assistance. The hotel is designed with high quality furnitures. We are happy with purified water and Nespresso every day. Also, the room we stayed is quiet and spacious. Hot breakfast is another surprising point. I will stay here again if I travel to Toronto next time!

• Stayed June 2014

Been to Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square? Share your experiences!