“Nice modern hotel with great service” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   75 Bremner Blvd, Toronto, Ontario M5J 0A1, Canada   |
Ranked #3 of 142 Hotels in Toronto
Vancouver, Canada
“Nice modern hotel with great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Really enjoyed my 4 nights there. However, would like an iron and ironing board in the room as in the other Le Germain in TO. Also I missed the smoked salmon for breakfast on Wendesday as in the other Le Germain in TO. Otherwise things were great.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Super comfortable beds just one of the features of this hotel. I really enjoy staying here, the location is great as a business traveller, I highly recommend it. It's a great place to come to after a busy work day.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Stayed here for a week for business. I travel a lot for work and this by far is my favorite hotel (so far this year) for the following reasons:

1) Above average internet speed
2) Super modern room layout and design
3) Love the control buttons for all the lights by the bed stand
4) Great view, iPod stand, room service, etc
5) Great free continental breakfast in the morning, plus free tea/coffee 24 hours a day on the second floor
6) Bright lighting and the shower/bathroom is very well designed and maintained
7) Conveniently located right by the Air Canada Centre, Rogers Centre, CN Tower, etc

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Buffalo, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Yes, the hotel is chic...yes, the hotel is very cosmopolitan...but, being a rural couple from NY--we can't say enough about the true hospitality and very calm atmosphere of this hotel and it's staff. From the moment we drove up to valet, every single staff member treated us like this is their home and we were welcome guests. We were given a room on the 8th floor (room 830) which has a million dollar direct view of the CN tower....absolutely gorgeous. Everything about this hotel spells relaxation--from the ambient lighting in the very quiet hallways to the sparkling clean room...to the friendliest staff we've ever experienced. A dessert sampling was awaiting us in our room along with a personalized note...what a pleasant surprise. We visited Toronto to attend a concert in the Air Canada Centre and there was direct indoor access via walkway...no cumbersome coats necessary. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Room 830 was wonderful--top floor of hotel with unobscured view of the CN Tower...very pretty at nig...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

My wife and i stayed two nights for a getaway. I booked after reading great reviews on TA. I had made phone reservations. Check in was quick. Reception staff was friendly. Our first room was very nice. However after some time we realized the shower door would not close. I called reception and asked for it to be checked out. They said someone would be up. I phoned again saying we were heading out and to go ahead and fix it. We arrived back about 2 hours later and the issue was still there. I phoned recp again and a engineer came up. He could not fix it and left. Recp called again and asked if we would like to move rooms. They very nicely sent up staff to help us move. Breakfast was fantastic. Very nice offerings. We attempted to order room service one night. I hit the room service button ans the call went to front desk. They said room service would call back. They never did. I then called the extension myself and got a server who was diffucult to understand due to a poor phone connection. We used the bar one night. We had to flag the bartender down to get her to come over. She was very helpful after however. Finally, reception very patiently helped me resolve an issue with my cc. In summary a great stay and building. However some of the wrinkles need ironing out with the sevice outside of the front desk.

• Stayed November 2012
MDHenderson, Director of Rooms Division at Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Hi Kevs5609,

I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and appreciate your feedback.

I’ve passed on your message to our Food and Beverage Manager and Director of Maintenance for them to find a cure for the hiccups you mentioned. Rest assured that they will remedy the situation. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

We look forward to seeing you again next time you’re downtown.

Murray Henderson
Director of Rooms Division
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I recently stayed at the Le Germain Maple Leaf Square for one night in an Executive Suite. I had stayed at a Le Germain property before and had high expectations but this location's customer service blew me away. I had called the hotel twice before arriving, once to book the room and once to ask a questions. The level of friendliness and professionalism was amazing. The staff even followed up by email to provide me with additional information and give me an opportunity to ask any additional questions.
The hotel is incredibly clean, the executive suite was very spacious and modern, and the location couldn't be any better with easy access to the Air Canada Centre, a grocery/pharmacy and several restaurants.
One note, if you are looking for somewhere to dine go to E11even, rather than Aria.
Thank you Le Germain staff for your excellent customer service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Roswell, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I was fortunate to stay here for 2 nights during a business trip to Toronto. The hotel is ultra chic in a subtle way. great breakfast, comfortable room/bed and the staff was friendly, helpful and very professional. I highly recommend this hotel and hope to return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square? Share your experiences!