“Surprisingly beautiful stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Downtown Home Inn

You added Downtown Home Inn to your Saves list
Downtown Home Inn
2.5 of 5 Guest house   |   2 Monteith Street, Toronto, Ontario M4Y 1K7, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #10 of 122 Toronto B&B and Inns
Calgary, Canada
“Surprisingly beautiful stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

I just found this place almost by chance as I was in rush to get overnight stay in the down-town of Toronto for my urgent trip form Calgary.
Just regretted I couldn't stay longer and enjoy more the cosy, clean, nicely designed apartment with comfortable bed and to chat with the other guests in the kitchen during the breakfast.
Great job James, wishing you all the best ! Thank you :-)

Room Tip: Perfect location, apartment just amazing with everything you need
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
turlock, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Had a perfectly wonderful stay here and the establishment was clean, welcoming, comfortable and accommodating. As an ambulatory challenged person, I would recommend a grab bar for the shower stall to assist with balance. Had many interesting conversations with guests from other Canadian provinces as well as the USA. This B&B will be my lodging choice for future Toronto visits. Care taker James is very kind, friendly, pleasant and competent.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Easily one of the cleanest, friendliest and loveliest bed and breakfast place in TO, I've been to many b&b places all over Canada, but this is hands down the best in the given price range, the breakfast was great (gluten-free cereal ftw, surprised why many b&b place's don't have many g-f options besides fruit), bathrooms were really clean and so was the bedroom also at a great location (easy access to subway) and walk-able distance from downtown, also great people, wish I could have stayed longer then a day. Next time I'm in TO, def coming back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

It was my first stay in Canada and I did not know what expect. I attended a conference in the center of Toronto and was happy to find out that Downtown Home Inn is in walking-distance to the most important must-see places. It is in a nice house, well furnished, warm (which was important during freeeezing Winter), with a delicious breakfast. Even the lack of bathroom in my room was not a problem. James was a great host, he helped me a lot in my troubles (lost luggage), he gave me his adapter as I forgot mine, and recommended places worth visiting. I would definitely reccommend the place to stay for anyone who likes family atmoshpere, good food and location. Last but not least, the price is affordable! Hope to visit again some day in future!

Room Tip: Acacia Room was nice, but it lacked bathroom in the room, so I would recommend one of the rooms on t...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I have been here for five nights for a conference in Toronto, is a great place the room are exactly as described, clean and recently refurbished. The manager is nice, available and very kind. Breakfast is abundant!
Highly encourage this choice!

Room Tip: Check out the virtual tour on the B&B website is great to choose the kind of room you are lookin...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

The bnb is in a great location near lots of bars and what have you. Everyone else that was staying there was really friendly - and this made the stay very enjoyable. My one minor quibble is that I had to go upstairs to the bathroom - so though I would stay again - I would stay in a different room.

Room Tip: Try and choose one of the ones upstairs!
Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I'd stayed at Down Town Home Inn for about 3 weeks this January&February upon my initial arrival to Toronto. Got to know the place at my previous short visit and really like it. The manager and his colleague are both very helpful, friendly and nice guys, giving not only tourist recommendations but as well insightful tips for me on how to find an apartment and get my life in Canada started. The B&B itself is always clean and tidy and has a very nice atmosphere. I had to extend my stay because I only later found a flat than originally anticipated, which was not a problem and easily handled (because it was winter/not fully booked) - otherwise they would have helped me to find another place. For a stay of even this length (3 weeks) it was affordable and since the B&B has a kitchen with everything, I did not miss anything. Beside, the area (Church&Wellesley) has a lot of places to go out, restaurants, cafe etc. - lively place.

All in all - great experience - and a place I will recommend to all visitors I'm expecting during my 2 years in Toronto, both friends and family as well as visiting colleagues.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Been to Downtown Home Inn? Share your experiences!