“Spectacular Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Downtown Home Inn
2 Monteith Street, Toronto, Ontario M4Y 1K7, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Ranked #7 of 119 Toronto B&B and Inns
Jeju, South Korea
“Spectacular Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

This bed and breakfast is one of the best I have ever been to. It is clean and tidy, Our host James was very helpful, and made our stay comfortable. The breakfast is great and the area is very convenient. Thank you for a great stopover in Toronto Downtown Home Inn. We will return.

Room Tip: Any room is great here, the house is very clean and quiet..
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

233 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

We arrive in a time that the host was not there BUT, we had notes for me, giving the right directions to check in, pretty easily and very nice! Rooms are simple and modern, very clean, cozy bed! Breakfast is "do your own", cereal and bread is on the kitchen island and juices, milk, egg, cheese, etc. are in the fridge, you do fell like you are at home. We do recommend it!

• Stayed July 2012
montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I stayed last saturday at DHI for the first Time.
It was also my first experience in a B&B.
I had the Iris room which Is small but fine for one person.
The place Is surprisently quiet and very cozy.
The self serve breakfast, PLENTYFUL (Unal will have the unsweetended soya milk next time).
The location, PERFECT.
The host, Unal, SUPER.
In one word, WONDERFUL.
I'll definitely come back and bring my BF along this time and try another unit.

Thank's Unal for everything and hope to see you soon.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I have stayed at Downtown Home Inn a couple times during stopovers in Toronto, and it has been consistently excellent in all respects. The house is located in a vibrant community close to restaurants and local points of interest. The rooms are tastefully furnished and kept immaculately clean. Unal, the host, is extremely helpful and there are always coffee or snacks available in the spacious living room. A great alternative to impersonal chain hotels, and a perfect option for anyone needing short-term accommodation in downtown Toronto at a reasonable price.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
northern Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed on the 3rd floor and loved the patio to cool down in the evenings. Just a few minutes walk to the Wellesley Subway station meant easy access to Sunnybrook and we could walk to Women's College Hospital a few blocks away as well. Very handy for medical appointments in the city. The Downtown Home Inn is clean, comfortable and hosts are very accomodating. The self-serve breakfast provides thoughtful considerations for special dietary needs. We chose to buy a temporary parking permit online and leave the car parked close by for two days. Everything is so close it was easy to walk or use public transit.

Room Tip: We thought maybe the Violet Room on the third floor just might be the quietest. We didn't notice...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed at this b&b for our pride weekend. It was truely amazing. Unal was awesome and we all had a great time. We told everyone about this place and will be back next year !!

• Stayed July 2012
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

The Downtown Home Inn was a wonderful place to stay. Located in a lively part of downtown (the gay village near Church and Wellesly), everything you need is at your doorstep. As it was my first trip to Toronto, I found the location to be ideal to explore and see the city.

The bed and breakfast never left me wanting more. Clean and airy, I found the Downtown Home Inn to be a great place to relax between outings during the day and to sleep and night. The bathroom was very clean (I was on the 3rd floor). And although som might feel it to be small, it was not a problem for me.

Unal who owns the B&B was available but didn't hover over you which I appreciated. He was very helpful in arranging for a limo to the airport which was so appreciated. Breakfast each morning was simple, but more than sufficient. I generally don't eat much for breakfast, so a piece of fruit and cereal was perfect for me. I did make some tea during the day as well.

I was in a room that faced the font of the house and overlooks a small park which has an AIDS memorial. On several nights, there were events held in the park, and that was the only time the noice level was a little high. Other than that, it was quiet and very condusive to sleeping. One thing to note is that because breakfast is availalbe early, I did hear the other guests talking in the morning in the kitchen. Again, not a deal breaker, but more of a slight inconvenience.

Just too many restaurants and bars to mention, all within walking distance. I tried to support most of the local restaurants in the neighborhood as they did support the neighborhood community. I did rent a car for several days. And while it was nice to be so mobile, the parking is a pain. I guess there is a reason why so many people walk and take public transportation.

In summary, I felt safe and the other guests were firendly. I din't spend much time socializing at the breakfast table, but I did meet some nice people who were also traveling. The value for me in this Inn was the location and the clean, room with a bathroom accross the hall. I only remember one time when I waitied until the other guest left the bathroom so I could use it.

And of course Unal was so lovely, the perfect host, I hope that our paths get to cross at some point once again.

Withought I would not hesistate to say again at the Downtowm Home In..

Room Tip: Third floors seem to have the most privacy, but the most steps to clime each time. And they are pre...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to Downtown Home Inn? Share your experiences!