My first problem was that I was not told that the full amount of my stay would be due at check-in. Since I was staying with other people who had not arrived yet, I could not do provide the full amount. So we had to speak to the manager about an alternative. I was granted the room provided I paid one night in full with tax.
On the second day I went down to grab another key for my room mates and got one just fine. When my room mates attempted to get back into the room 4 hours later, the key didn't work. They went to the desk and asked why and they were told that the room had only been paid for one night and that the keys were deactivated until another night was paid. They paid the fee and were given two new keys. There's two issues with this situation. My room mate's names were NOT on the account, and therefore they should not have been granted keys. Secondly, why was I not told when I got the second key that they were going to deactivate them an hour later?
After that, my third room mate arrived and, again, his name was not on the account. He said something about not knowing where to go and not being able to get a hold of me. What did the front desk do? Told him exactly what room I was in. It's a good thing he wasn't lying to them and trying to hurt me in some way.
In neither of the above situations was I ever called, despite the fact that my cellular number was on the account. If I had just received a call for the above situations, I would not be upset at all. But no call was given. Room keys were issued to people not on the account, and my room's location was given without verification of the person's identity.
The rooms are also not well cleaned between visitors. Yes, the sheets are clean (at least they looked and smelled clean), but I found a book under one of the beds. something like that should have been noticed during cleaning, as they should be checking under beds, in drawers, and in other hidden spaces.
The only saving grace from this hotel is that the maids stayed out when the sign was on the door and that they were prompt in bringing up a "crib", toilet paper, and garbage bags when asked. Mind you, for each request I had to call down at least 3 times before someone answered.
I will not be staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Travelodge Hotel Toronto Airport is a 3 Stars, full service hotel with 284 rooms and over 8,000 square feet meeting space. For the most discerning business traveler, we offer the option of non-smoking and smoking executive floor rooms. Keyed elevator access ensures privacy and security. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Travelodge Hotel Toronto Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Toronto Airport
- Travel Lodge Etobicoke
- Travelodge Etobicoke
- Travelodge Hotel Etobicoke
- Etobicoke Travel Lodge
- Etobicoke Travelodge