“again” 3 of 5 stars

You added Travelodge Hotel Toronto Airport to your Saves list
Travelodge Hotel Toronto Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   925 Dixon Road, Toronto, Ontario M9W 1J8, Canada   |
Ranked #72 of 141 Hotels in Toronto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My first problem was that I was not told that the full amount of my stay would be due at check-in. Since I was staying with other people who had not arrived yet, I could not do provide the full amount. So we had to speak to the manager about an alternative. I was granted the room provided I paid one night in full with tax.

On the second day I went down to grab another key for my room mates and got one just fine. When my room mates attempted to get back into the room 4 hours later, the key didn't work. They went to the desk and asked why and they were told that the room had only been paid for one night and that the keys were deactivated until another night was paid. They paid the fee and were given two new keys. There's two issues with this situation. My room mate's names were NOT on the account, and therefore they should not have been granted keys. Secondly, why was I not told when I got the second key that they were going to deactivate them an hour later?

After that, my third room mate arrived and, again, his name was not on the account. He said something about not knowing where to go and not being able to get a hold of me. What did the front desk do? Told him exactly what room I was in. It's a good thing he wasn't lying to them and trying to hurt me in some way.

In neither of the above situations was I ever called, despite the fact that my cellular number was on the account. If I had just received a call for the above situations, I would not be upset at all. But no call was given. Room keys were issued to people not on the account, and my room's location was given without verification of the person's identity.

The rooms are also not well cleaned between visitors. Yes, the sheets are clean (at least they looked and smelled clean), but I found a book under one of the beds. something like that should have been noticed during cleaning, as they should be checking under beds, in drawers, and in other hidden spaces.

The only saving grace from this hotel is that the maids stayed out when the sign was on the door and that they were prompt in bringing up a "crib", toilet paper, and garbage bags when asked. Mind you, for each request I had to call down at least 3 times before someone answered.

I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Jason U, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Toronto Airport, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to complete a survey regarding your stay with us at the Travelodge Toronto Airport. We review guests comments constantly in order to continue to improve our guest satisfaction. The comments regarding your security issue have been reviewed and discussed with our management team and guest services department to ensure our strict security policies are adhered to. In regards to your frustration checking in, it is our hotel policy as well as other properties to secure payment for accomodations prior to issuing keys for a guestroom. Because of the circumstances, we did make an exception and take a cash deposit, although it is our hotel poicy to require a credit card at time of check-in. On behalf of the entire Travelodge team we apologize for the concerns and frustrations you experienced during your stay with us.
Saint John, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Overall my experience with this hotel was good, only a few negatives.
To start their shuttle is a great free service form the airport - on our way from the hotel to the airport my friend left his cell phone on the shuttle but the driver got a hold of it and brought it back to us on his next trip to terminal 1.

Upon checking into the hotel we were requested to make a large deposit for the 2 rooms we had even though when I called weeks ago I was told only a $20 hold would be put on the card.
Extremely inconvenient for the person whose card is used when they are trying to be on vacation.

Next, we were giving the wrong room types at first.
My reservation was VERY clearly for 2 rooms 2 Doubles 4 Nights, but were were given two king rooms with sofabeds. Immediately i went back downstairs and asked for the correct roomtypes. The response I received was "well it's a king and a sofabed" to which I replied "give me my reservation info back as it says very clearly 2 doubles in each room, none of us are sleeping on horrible sofabeds"
he seemed not amused that I was forcing him to do his job correctly - can you imagine? How dare I expect to get the room types I reserved.
Several minutes later he gave us new keys for the correct room types and we were off.
Now it was a convention weekend, and I was aware the hotel had overbooked the room types I had booked, but we were checking a day before all the overbookings were to begin, so I assumed it wouldn't be an issue, and eventually it wasn't for us.

The cleaning staff was very nice, the pool was great except having the hot tub closed and the convenience store was fantastic for the last minute things we forgot.

DO NOT try to use the business center computer to print anything!
I wanted to get my boarding pass printed, which required I connect to the internet to get into my email account to retrieve the info required, but the internet is so slow in the hotel I had to give up trying as you are automatically charged $5 and then you pay for each second you are online. I couldn't watch the clock and amount go up when the internet was clearly not connecting. So I wasted $6 on internet and printing that I never got.

If I come back to Toronto this hotel will be on my radar to stay at again as besides a few things it was overall not bad

Room Tip: Ear plugs! This hotel is very near the airport.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments regarding your recent stay at the Travelodge Toronto Airport. Please be assured that your feedback has been reviewed and comments from our guests are used in a constant effort to continuously improve our guest service and satisfaction.

We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced at check-in and know that when travelling it is imperative to obtain the rooms that are reserved via confirmation.

On behalf of the entire Travelodge Toronto Airport we thank you for staying with us and look forward to seeing you again the next time you travel to the area.
Toronto, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

A good experience. The room was average but very clean. The staff were great. Parking was easy and location was good.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Thank you for sharing your thoughts as to how we can improve the guest experience and how you feel about the ongoing refurbishments at this hotel for your information we appreciate the suggestions made.

However I have shared your comments with my team accordingly

Thank you for identifying our employees on behalf of our entire staff here at the Travelodge Hotel Toronto Airport we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Been to Travelodge Hotel Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!