I stayed at this hotel for a week while in town on business and visiting friends, and while it was reasonably clean and comfortable, the service was so terrible I would not stay there again. There are enough hotels in the area in the same price range that there's no reason to go to this Travelodge.
Two days into my stay when I was getting my room key card re-programmed (which I had to do daily because it would stop working) the lady at the front desk very rudely informed me that she did not know why I was in the room I was in, and that I would need to pack up my things and move rooms immediately since it was almost checkout time, otherwise I would need to pay an additional $30 a night to keep the room I had.
Well I can tell you exactly why I had the room I had, because the man at the front desk who checked me in was checking me out, if you know what I mean. But I don't think I should have to move rooms just because they checked me into a room that was more expensive than the one I reserved. I did not ask for that room. I didn't even realize it was more expensive - it had the same ammenities as my reservation. The only difference I could tell is it was on one of the "business" floors, which I didn't know until afterwards.
At the time I was at the front desk having this conversation about changing rooms I was on my way to a meeting and I did not have time to go and pack up all my things, so I agreed to pay the extra for that night. The next day I moved to another room but they still billed me the higher rate for the remainder of my trip. When I asked about this at check out, they said their rates were higher for those days and that there was a note in the system that I had been informed about this. (I had not been informed about this.) She explained that since this second room was not under my original reservation because I had been moved, I did not get the rate I would have gotten if I had booked that room online. I asked if this meant that midweek when I moved rooms because of their staff putting me in the wrong room, I should have checked out, made another online reservation and then checked in again... and she said yes, that is what I should have done to get the rate I originally reserved at. Honestly I didn't have the patience to argue with them about it, although I'm sure I could have gotten some money back if I complained to the general manager. I've just never had anyone say something so ridiculous to me when I'm giving them so much business. I stayed at that hotel for 7 nights, and I never will again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Travelodge Hotel Toronto Airport is a 3 Stars, full service hotel with 284 rooms and over 8,000 square feet meeting space. For the most discerning business traveler, we offer the option of non-smoking and smoking executive floor rooms. Keyed elevator access ensures privacy and security. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Travelodge Hotel Toronto Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Toronto Airport
- Travel Lodge Etobicoke
- Travelodge Etobicoke
- Travelodge Hotel Etobicoke
- Etobicoke Travel Lodge
- Etobicoke Travelodge