“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Toronto Plaza Airport Hotel

You added Toronto Plaza Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Toronto Plaza Airport Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1677 Wilson Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M3L 1A5, Canada (Formerly Days Hotel and Conference Centre Toronto Airport East)   |
Ranked #122 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
Montreal, Canada
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Centrally located ,reasonable, comfortable room,very clean & staff was very courteous & helpful.
When I requested extra towels it was delivered within 15min.
The restaurant was tasty & reasonable. Worked out great & I would definitely return next time .

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Wellington, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I selected this hotel, as part of an Expedia package, because it is an easy drive to Mississauga where I needed to be most of my five night stay. However, if you're on a city break, you would probably want to be closer to Toronto city centre. There is public transport but it takes 50 minutes, at least, with a change to get into Toronto. However, if you have a car, there is free parking and it is an easy drive to the main routes in all directions.
This hotel doesn't look much from the outside and is situated on a busy main road in not the prettiest of neighbourhoods. My room was really good, though. Large, clean and well stocked, with two, comfortable queen beds, microwave, fridge, tv and coffee-maker.
I arrived about two hours before the official check-in time but this was not a problem and I was able to go straight to my room.
The wifi isn't brilliant. It's very slow and does cut-out intermittently. Also, the "guest entrance" at the side of the building has a broken lock and does not bebefit from the collection of undesirabke looking people that seem to congregate there.
For the price it is a reasonable choice.

Room Tip: Get a room at the back, away from traffic noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Simcoe, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Let me start by saying that I'm not overly picky. I'm not high maintenance. I often don't sleep well in a hotel and expect to find the beds harder than I would like, but as long as it's clean and relatively quiet and the beds are softer than the floor, I'm pretty happy. I volunteer at a kids camp in the summer, so I'm no stranger to dirt, bugs, bad beds and no a/c, dirt. I'm far from being a princess. Having said that, This is the worst place I have ever had the misfortune to stay at.
We got a deal on the room and paid for it before checking the reviews. What a mistake!
We were late leaving home and didn't arrive until well after 2 am. Check in was very slow (I've worked front desk at 2 hotels, I know how it SHOULD be. We asked for a 5:00 wake up call because we needed to catch the 6 am shuttle to get to the airport.
It was a long walk to our room and the closer we got, the more concerned I became over what we would find when we finally arrived. My fears were realized when we got in the room. Shabby is too kind of an adjective. I looked at my husband and said, "you've GOT to be kidding!". Stained bedding. Stained wallpaper. Dark, dingy room. I actually went to bed in my clothes rather than undressing because I wasn't sure I wanted to be in between the sheets in nothing but my pj's. I figured I could leave my clothes in the car while we were away and hopefully not take any unwanted "guests" home with us.
We woke up on our own at 5:45 after a very poor sleep (very hard bed). Our wake up call didn't happen. When we managed to get downstairs at 6:05, we had missed the shuttle to the airport and the desk clerk said we'd have to wait for the next one that was leaving at 6:30 (when we were supposed to BE AT the airport). We mentioned how upset we were that we didn't receive our wake up call and he just shrugged his shoulders and said that they'd been having problems with the system. It might have been nice to know that BEFORE we went to bed! I suppose it's a good thing the beds were so uncomfortable. If they weren't, we may have missed our flight.
After soggy toast and bad coffee for breakfast, the shuttle finally arrived (late) and we were off on a terrifying ride. Both my husband I grew up in Toronto so we're familiar with the roads and traffic, but our driver drove like a maniac! Fortunately, we made it to the airport in one piece and caught our flight.
Coming home, it took at least 45 minutes for the shuttle to arrive to get us and happily it was a different (better) driver.
When we got to our car, we discovered that the battery was dead. Front desk staff was no help and didn't want to let us use the phone to call CAA. Another hotel guest gave us a boost and we were on our way in minutes (thank you to our anonymous helper!).
Will NEVER stay there again. I would sleep in my car at the side of the road first; it's cleaner and more comfortable!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
dubai
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Here it comes, a cheap dirty motel in a crap hole location. I'm quite honest and straight forward. This is one of the worse place I have ever been to. It definitely beats the cheap hotels/motels you can find in remote areas in the US.
It seems to be an ex-Stay Inn motel and has been taken over by a family or something like that.
The hotel is overall shabby, ugly, and outdated. There is a major need for refurbishment and upgrade.
When I stayed there, it was quite noisy. There were Chinese guests who were talking loud any time of the day, making sleep impossible.
The bathroom is ugly and the towels completely dead. Don't try using the amenities, you might get spots as I did.
The bed was quite comfy, I must admit. The carpert was dirty like it had never been cleaned ever.
The internet was the worst one I ever had in a hotel. Going up and down every minute. Forget about a Skype conversation...
I chose this hotel for the location and price and it didn't even meet the basic standards for roughly $60 a night. This isn't a prime location in Toronto at all and it is therefore overpriced. It is in fact a suburb where crackheads and dealers were having business not long ago according to some locals I talked with.
Unfortunately, if one wants to save money that's the only place around.
Good thing is the free shuttle from/to the airport but it is unreliable time wise.
The staff is trying to help but they have little or no clue about the hotel business in general.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Ashfa C, Manager at Toronto Plaza Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Sir,
It is unfortunate that your stay did not go well. We are in the process of renovation and hope that the issues that you have pointed out can be resolved. Our prices are very reasonable and the services the hotel provides is included. Thank you and we wish you all the best from Toronto Plaza Hotel.
Stratford, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We booked two nights at this hotel through StayParkTravel.com, which listed it as 3 Star. Our first night was bad - general appearance was poor, our room was dingy, tired, dirty - linens on one bed had not been changed.. On our second night a week later, we were assigned a room in an area that had flooded from fire sprinkler discharge a few weeks earlier. Six large industrial fans were running, with power cords thorughout the hall. The room was dirty, smeed of mould, and neither bed had been changed. After complaining, we were shown another room that was in similar deplorable condition, and also smelled of tobacco. We left.

Avoid this place at all costs, and be cautious about the ratings in using the StayParkTravels site.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Pat,
We apologize for your unfortunate experience at Toronto Plaza Hotel. We hope you would consider coming back again and give us another chance to make things better this time. Please contact me, HR Manager and I can definitely make sure your stay is better the next time you are around. Take care.
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Stayed here on a two day trip to Toronto, The hotel is a distance from the airport but with good access to transport. It is Is in a very vibrant and multicultural area but pretty quiet at night. Rooms are large and spacious and clean , well worth the price at £42 a night. One negative to staying here is that they hold a 100 Canadian dollars on your card for the time you stay here, just in case there is any damage to the room which I personally felt was unnecessary, also I think while customers are at the desk staff should speak English or French seeing as we were in Canada.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Justurn,
Thank you so much for taking the time and writing a review for the hotel. We appreciate your feedback and will definitely look further into the suggestions you posted. Thank you and best wishes to you from Toronto Plaza Hotel. We hope to see you back again sometime.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Folks , after looking after a few different options I decided to go this hotel - I stayed her for a few days - found very friendly staff, very big spacious rooms , new restaurant and everything else very clean and nice- highly recommend this place , cant get a better deal than till in Toronto.

Also, they offer shuttle service to the airport - its free and will call for it when u need it. Amazing

Room Tip: higher floor or main building
Dear Zulfi,
We are so pleased that your stay went well. Thank you for you review, it definitely allows many travelers the opportunity to see the convenience of Toronto Plaza Hotel. Please come back soon and visit us again.

Been to Toronto Plaza Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!