“Enough room for a group” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Plaza Toronto Downtown

You added Ramada Plaza Toronto Downtown to your Saves list
Ramada Plaza Toronto Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   300 Jarvis Street, Toronto, Ontario M5B 2C5, Canada (Formerly Ramada Hotel & Suites Downtown) (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #65 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
Buffalo, New York
“Enough room for a group”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We went up for a Raptors game and needed a place to stay for 4 of us. Looked at reasonable hotels around the city and could not find a place that was reasonable and could accommodate 4 adults comfortably. The Ramada was the only one that had the best rate out there and had two queen beds, with sofa pull out bed. Check in was easy. Location was great there was an amazing grocery store a block away and access to transit was two blocks away. We definitely stay again. Covered Parking is $22 a day.

• Stayed January 2013
GMRamadaToronto, Manager at Ramada Plaza Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for letting us and others know about your stay with us. We are pleased to hear that your enjoyed your stay and will be back in the future. Until then have a great New Year.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

the front desk staff were very rude from the minute I checked in and were very unprofessional. the rooms were clean and the housekeeping staff was friendly, the beds were really uncomfortable. I would consider staying there again if it were just the beds but I cannot deal with bad service, won't go back.

• Stayed December 2012
GMRamadaToronto, Manager at Ramada Plaza Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our product but am extremely discourage to hear about the service you received. Please call me at 416-977-4823 Ext 7265 so that we can talk in more detail about your stay with us.
KITCHENER
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We booked a package deal with seeTorontonow.com as part of a theatre package. It was the only hotel that would allow 5 people in a room. When checking into the hotel we were upgraded to a two bedroom suite at no extra charge which we were very impressed with.
The suite was very nice. My daughter and I took the children swimming. I think it would make more sense to have pool towels at the pool rather than having to go to the front desk for towels and then go on to the pool.

At about 11 o'clock at night the guests from the next room must have come in. The noise was so loud that it woke my husband and I up. We could here every word of the conversation. We knocked on the wall thinking if we can hear their voices and that they would be able to hear the knock; which they did. The reply from a male voice us f___ you! At this point we phoned the front desk and waited a few minutes. We heard no phone and they did not get any quieter; we phoned again and then we heard the phone ring in the next room and they did get quiet. But even talking at what I think was probably a normal voice you could hear their conversation. I was very surprised at the lack of noise barrier between rooms. Yet even in the livingroom area of our room we could not hear the television on.
When we checked out I was rather surprised that no mention of the insistant was mentioned by staff.
We had two free breakfast as part of the package. I'm glad it was free because it was not very good; although the gentleman was very nice.
Overall our stay was okay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

GMRamadaToronto, Manager at Ramada Plaza Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your stay with us. I am very please you enjoyed the room and got the complimentary upgrade to our largest room. It does work well for families. We are very sorry to hear about the noisy neighbors. I would have to check into the sound barrier you mention and if there is none between those rooms that is something we would address ASAP. Once again thank you for your comments and we do hope the next time you’re in Toronto you do come and try us again.
Denver, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Got the hotel online and noticed it was a lot cheaper than others. So I wasn't expecting too much. Requested an early check-in due to my early arrival in the city and was amazed I was checked in with my room at 9:30am. Room was amazing. Had a double bed room, had lots of room, very nice beds and living room space with the tv. Hotel was very clean and was amazing for the price.

It's situated a few blocks from the main shopping areas, so not that bad of a walk at all. Don't have any negatives about this place and would definitely book here again if I was back up in Canada visiting Toronto...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
GMRamadaToronto, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear Warlord,

Thank you very much for your kind comments. I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay. You are right, we do have a great location, walking distance to many attractions and downtown shopping. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Ramada the next time you are visiting Toronto.

Happy New Year!

Been to Ramada Plaza Toronto Downtown? Share your experiences!