“Average place” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Plaza Toronto Downtown

You added Ramada Plaza Toronto Downtown to your Saves list
Ramada Plaza Toronto Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   300 Jarvis Street, Toronto, Ontario M5B 2C5, Canada (Formerly Ramada Hotel & Suites Downtown) (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #65 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
“Average place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

This property is alright. It is clean but a bit dated. If you are just looking for a place to crash at the end of night, it is a good place. Not a place to stay as a couple if you are looking for a romantic getaway

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
GMRamadaToronto, Manager at Ramada Plaza Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, June 21, 2011
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel. We are addressing the issues that you mentioned and have just finished the corridor renovations and our bathrooms have all been updated to stand-up showers. Please do come and try us again to see these new renovations for yourself. Once again Thank you and we hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed 3 nights, for a wedding downtown. Overall, I'd stay here again. The room was clean, the staff were friendly, the location was close to many things.
We walked a lot of places - and there's a tram stop just outside the hotel.
My only complaint is that the shower-head was very low.... it was a little strange - but definitely nothing to prevent another stay.
I didn't try the pool or restaurant so I can't comment on that - except to say the menu prices looked reasonable.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
GMRamadaToronto, Manager at Ramada Plaza Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, June 16, 2011
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write about our property. We appreciate the kind comments about the hotel and hope you come see us again soon.
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011

I have stayed at many hotels both reasonably priced and more expensive. I have NEVER stayed at one as poorly run as the Ramada Plaza. The room was barely passable for cleanliness and when I reported it the front desk staff were smug and rude. The whole feel of the hotel was outdated and I, too, as the last reviewer wrote found hair in the bathtub and a few when I pulled the bedsheets down. The area is very sketchy especially at night. There are far better choices. Ramada needs to pull the manager and put a better one in because the potential for this place could be there with proper management.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
GMRamadaToronto, Manager at Ramada Plaza Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, June 10, 2011
Dear Guest, Thank you for bringing to our attention your recent stay with us. We are right now trying to address some of your concerns via renovations of the hotel’s bathrooms, interior hallways, restaurant and public areas. We are currently done 80% of this with only two floors left to go that have bathtubs remaining. I would love the opportunity for you to try us again and see what we have done with the hotel in an effort to keep up a modern feel. Please contact myself directly at (416) 977-4834 Ext 7265 so we could talk further about your stay. Thank you
Calgary
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

I was on a business trip overnight the last weekend of May. My secretary booked a room for me and when I got there the room was not very clean. I found hair in both the bathtub and sink and there was an unpleasant smell of mold. The staff are very young and really don't care about service. Their attitude was flippant and bordering on rude. The area this hotel is in is central but is in the middle of hooker alley. My friend had once told me never to stay here but I didn't convey that to my secretary when she booked it. Stay away from this place.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest, I am very disappointed to hear that your stay was not 100% satisfying. We do take all complaints about the service level and cleanliness of our rooms very seriously. We are bringing this to the attention of the staff and please do not hesitate to contact myself directly to talk further about the matter at (416) 977-4823 Ext 7265.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

We just stayed at the Ramada Plaza Toronto...again. This time we had a suit and it was very spacious and clean. We had our own fridge and microwave which was very convenient. We really liked the modern bathroom. Loved the shower. Staff was very friendly. What we also liked about the hotel was that it was only a few minutes away from downtown. We walked there. Great shopping at the Eaton’s Centre and many restaurants are very close by. We found the hotel to be great value for the money.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
GMRamadaToronto, Manager at Ramada Plaza Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, May 18, 2011
We are delighted to hear that your stay with us was 100% perfect. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

I was a bit nervous to stay at a "chain" hotel in a big ciy centre, but was pleasantly surprized with the location, staff and modern feel to the spacious room. We had friends drop by for drinks and the spacious living room allowed us to entertain with the luxury of a seperate room for sleeping. No downside to this deal! A great find that I will use on my next visit. A short walk to shopping and theatre.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
GMRamadaToronto, Manager at Ramada Plaza Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, May 12, 2011
We want to thank you for giving our hotel a chance and are delighted to hear that your stay was everything you expected it to be. We hope to see you on your next visit to Toronto.
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

This hotel is reasonably priced, for Toronto standards. The room was large, clean and comfortable. The wifi was fast. The bed was comfortable and there were no signs of bedbugs.
The room we were first given smelt like smoke and we were immediately moved across the hall when we requested it. After changing rooms our access cards stopped working each day and we had to constantly ask the front desk to reprogram them. The tv also didn't work, we had to ask for it to be fixed.
The largest downside was the noise. We were constantly awoken by people entering and exiting their rooms late at night. I had to ask the people in the adjoining room to shop shouting at 3am. The hotel is being renovated and there was construction noise during the day. We weren't in the room much during the day, so it wasn't a problem.
The parking was over priced, at $22 a day plus tax, but it was secure and convenient.
There isn't much around, it's a five minute walk to the subway and we had to go searching for restaurants. The park across the street was pretty, with plenty of cute dogs and squirrels running around.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your nice comments about our hotel. I'm sorry to hear that your first room smelled of smoke as we are 100% non smoking. We are finishing the last floor of renovations this week so hopefully the next time you come to Toronto you will give us another try to see our new floors. Once again thank you for choosing the Ramada Plaza Toronto and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Been to Ramada Plaza Toronto Downtown? Share your experiences!