“Never again” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn - Toronto East Beaches

You added Days Inn - Toronto East Beaches to your Saves list
Days Inn - Toronto East Beaches
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1684 Queen Street East, Toronto, Ontario M4L 1G6, Canada   |
Ranked #79 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
VAL THERESE
“Never again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

My husband and I decided to stay here during our trip to Toronto because everything we needed was under a 20 minute drive from this location. Worst mistake ever! They had this absurd squishy duvet cover on the mattress that made it unbearable to sleep on, the pillows were these small marshmallow things andv again over squishy,. We paid extra to have a jacuzzi tub.......never again am i paying an extra 50 some odd dollars for an extra 3 -5 inches of tub space. That's not a jacuzzi. there were two small lamps in the room for light and the walls were paper thin so you could hear everything outside your room so good luck sleeping. Not to mention the stale air smell that was in the room and stuck to everything, not a fun smell to get when you go to unpack at home.

The continental breakfast was par for the course, toast, cereal, croissants, coffee, and juice. HOWEVER not once in my 20 years of travel have I ever had a continental breakfast with communal jam and peanut butter. I have zero idea whose been in that giant jar, what bacterias gone in there or anything. DISGUSTING!

On our check out day we went down for breakfast and the desk clerk quite rudely told us "you have to get out by 11 or im charging you more money"

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

DaysInntorontoeast, General Manager at Days Inn - Toronto East Beaches, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Firebug666,

Thank you for posting your experience on Tripadvisor. We are very sorry to note that your stay with us was not up to the standards.

With reference to some of your comments, our response as follows:

Regarding duvet covers, we are using Brand Recommended duvets covers that are meant to cover over the body and not sleep on it. Hotel pillows also purchased from a Brand recommended company. We understand people have different taste when it comes to pillows. Most of our customers like what we have and some even offers to purchase them at the hotel.

We have a medium size standard Jacuzzi Tub, not a Jacuzzi® hot tub spa or Jacuzzi® whirlpool baths.

The Jam & Peanut Butter Jars were used ONLY as an emergency. Our standard small packs were in short supply during the weekend of your stay, hence, we provided communal jars as a substitute temporally. Although, your comments regarding Bacteria etc. well noted for the future, should this situation arise again. We are now serving the continental breakfast with standard regular items for our guests.

We hope to see again at The Days Inn Toronto East Beaches.

Thanking you,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
OAKVILLE
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I don't usually give customer feedback, but I feel compelled to voice my concerns after staying at this hotel last Saturday. I booked 3 rooms for me and 5 of my friends as this location was close to a halloween party that we were going to. The ownership at this one location was extremely obsessed with outlining the numerous ways that our group would incur "extra charges" and they were not polite in doing so. The make-up of my group was working professionals from ages 25-30, we found it very odd to be treated like we were in high-school. I remember asking for scissors at one point in the night from the front desk, and the concierge rudely stated that if I don't get them back to him in 10 minutes, then they would be charging the incidental fee on all 3 rooms. That's $300. For a pair of scissors that is not returned within 10 minutes? You can imagine how shocked I am to be treated like this in a hotel that I personally paid $403 out of my own pocket to treat my friends.

The one saving grace of this location was the first concierge that greeted us. Although he was rude at first, the late night concierge that replaced him was a complete nightmare in comparison. And once we told our story to the original concierge (who coincidentally, was back in the morning), he was sympathetic and warmed up to our group. Overall, after asking some probing questions to this gentleman, it became clear that the problem wasn't the man behind the desk, it was the stiff, authoritative, and obsessive style of management from the local owners of that one location. Also, if it appears that this review is a very biased and one-sided point of view being expressed- our group did not incur a single noise complaint during our stay. That can be verified in this location's records.

I am shocked that Days Inn would allow local ownership to stray so far from the iconic Days Inn brand that is known internationally. I am an incredibly unsatisfied customer, and i would never ever visit that location again, even if it was my only option. These local owners represent your brand, and you should take the initiative to screen them and even threaten taking the Days Inn badge away from them if they do not comply with your mission to provide fantastic customer service.

Overall, this experience has made me realize that selecting a Days Inn to stay at is a gamble, since I could either get great service or terrible service. I would rather pay a premium, than take a chance like this next time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Dear MIRAJ S,

Thank you for taking the time to compose your review on Tripadvisor.
I am sorry that you were displeased with our hotel and services. Please accept our sincere apologies.

Having read your review, I felt it was important to address some of the concerns outlined in your review. With that in mind, I have spoken to the staff concerned and reviewed hotel security surveillance cameras that include recorded conversation at the front desk. With all the facts in hand, I am happy to offer some clarifications to your review as I feel most of your comments are inaccurate or lack substance.

- We at the Days Inn Beaches have policies in place for the safety and comfort of all our guest at the hotel. It is important that all customers respect these policies to ensure a pleasant stay. One of our main concerns is the noise, especially late night and to the early hours, unfortunately, we have found some young people (especially groups) tend to ignore these principals and privacy of others for their own pleasure. That is where our policies come in to play.

-With regards to your comments about “extra charges and not polite in doing so”, going over the security video’s, it shows a young lady NOT YOU who asked for the scissors. Video shows both young lady and front desk agent laughing over the $300 comment on not returning scissors, a clear moment of hummer. I am not sure how YOU are shocked when you weren’t even there during this conversation.

-Further regarding extra charges, your group was upset that the hotel did not allow you to check-out at 4pm with no extra cost. At one point you even offered to write a “Good Review” about the desk clerk if he allowed till 4pm check-out. Our standard check-out time is 11am, as a courtesy front desk allowed till 1pm with no extra charge for which you and your group agreed to. In spite, I am not sure how you categorized our staff as rude and impolite?

We have had a Days Inn Franchisee nearly two decades and enjoyed mixed market segments throughout the Year. We welcome customers from all walks of life. Young professionals like you are always welcome at the Days Inn Toronto East Beaches. My wish is that, your first experience does not mar the overall impression of the Days Inn Hotel Family, and we hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Thanking you,

Been to Days Inn - Toronto East Beaches? Share your experiences!