“GET BITTEN BY BED BUGS & LIVE TO TELL ABOUT IT” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Toronto Lakeshore

Save Saved
You added Howard Johnson Toronto Lakeshore to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Toronto Lakeshore
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   14 Roncesvalles Avenue | King St West & Queensway, Toronto, Ontario M6R 2K3, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #126 of 141 hotels in Toronto

157 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Hamilton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I spent the night in Toronto for Nuit Blanche with a couple friends from school. This hotel was inexpensive and clean, there's a street car stop right in front of it that can easily get you to and from the downtown core, free breakfast and parking. The staff was nice. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

St. Catharines, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night with a couple of friends. We only needed a room for sleeping (weren't going to be spending much time at the hotel) so we figured this room would suffice.
Wrong. The staff is basically non existent, our lights didn't work (nor did they care to fix it) and the beds were dirty. We didn't complain too much, as we spent minimal time actually at the hotel. However, I do not advise anyone book this hotel if staying for more than one night.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Hamilton, New Zealand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

This place was rubbish, and if we didn't need a room at short notice we would never have stayed here. The staff boarded on incompetent and not interested, the rooms were small and cramped if clean enough. Aside from access to the street cars, the location is terrible also.
Thankfully there was a McDonalds next door for coffee.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Saskatoon, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

The hotel is dirty and smelly. They wouldn't give us the option of a non smoking room. There is barely enough room to walk in the rooms with two beds crammed into the corner of the room. I found a bed bug in my bed as I was falling asleep. I called the front desk and showed it to them. Manager denied that it was in fact a bed bug. We had no other options for accomodations, so we stayed another night. That night there were people across the hall yelling and screaming and bumping into the walls all night and into the morning. Called the front desk numerous times, but they did nothing about it. I got very little sleep. Several times I saw prostitues and johns coming in and out. I would not expect this from a semi-respectable chain like HOJO. The location is good, except that the streetcar railyard is adjacent to the hotel which is very loud 24/7. Would not recommend to anyone. Not even in a pinch.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend, and I stayed here for just one night. It was run down, and stunk. My girlfriend got some nasty bed bug bites. Luckily I didn't. They lost our booking for a non smoking room, and that sucked. It masked the dirty smell of the first two floors at least. Thankfully we stayed on points. I would never pay for it. Such a good location, ruined by the poor quality of the hotel itself.

• Stayed September 2013

Been to Howard Johnson Toronto Lakeshore? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Toronto Lakeshore

Address: 14 Roncesvalles Avenue | King St West & Queensway, Toronto, Ontario M6R 2K3, Canada
Location: Canada > Ontario > Toronto
Ranked #126 of 141 hotels in Toronto
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Toronto Lakeshore 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Howard Johnson Toronto Lakeshore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Toronto Lakeshore Hotel Toronto

If you own or manage Howard Johnson Toronto Lakeshore, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.