“Ok stay, but nothing special” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree by Hilton Toronto Downtown

You added Doubletree by Hilton Toronto Downtown to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton Toronto Downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   108 Chestnut St., Toronto, Ontario M5G 1R3, Canada (Formerly The Metropolitan Hotel) (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Getaway Package
Ranked #30 of 140 Hotels in Toronto
“Ok stay, but nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We had an amazing view of the CN tower and downtown in a corner room on the 22nd floor. That was definitely the best part. Room was small. Elevator ding was loud and we could hear it all night. We also had very noisy neighbors that eventually got kicked out and sent to a hospital because they were bleeding from breaking things in room. Blood remained on carpet by elevator and in elevator for the entirety of our stay, even after we informed staff. Never received an apology or anything. Parking is expensive at $29 per day.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Greek first
Brampton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

When our go to downtown Toronto hotels had sky high rates, this hotel's rates were still within reason which is how we ended up at the DoubleTree.Check-in was slow as they only had one person working the counter at first at 3pm when check-in started. It's an older hotel that they've upgraded fairly nicely for the most part. Rooms are a little small but have a fresh modern feel to them. Elevators and the parking garage are where the age of the facility shows. Elevators are older and made my husband sick in part due to his inner ear problems. Parking garage is self park with tight corners and low ceilings (do not go down here if you are claustrophobic at all) - I would have gladly paid more than the $29 fee to have it be a valet service. It's a decent hotel probably great for most people but not sure we'd be back between the parking garage and the elevators.

Room Tip: Higher up is better to get away from the street noise
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My daughter thought it would be great to try a different hotel for our yearly weekend together. I have to say the stay was great. Being right downtown was perfect too. The room was small but clean and comfortable. The staff was very helpful. Would definitely go back!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Port Elgin, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Stayed at Double Tree by HIlton in Toronto Downtown 28APR2015. This is an excellent location which has great rooms and excellent fitness facility.

I ordered room service for Breakfast $22.00 ($31.00 after tax and service fees) specified eggs over hard, bacon, toast etc. When the food arrived the person said here is your breakfast with eggs over hard as requested. When I got into eating them, they were runny, and hash browns were cold. At any normal breakfast I would send it back. When I went to check out I mentioned the issue to the front desk manager she mentioned she would talk to the restaurant and give me a call. I return that afternoon and mentioned the restaurant manager still hadn't called, she said they would.
I'm frustrated that the front desk could simply remove the $31 charge to my bill and the issue would have been solved instead they are wasting my time and theirs, hence my reason for the review.
I am a "valued" Hilton Honors member.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I stayed at the Double Tree Hilton in Toronto on April 11, 2015 with a colleague of mine. We are from Toronto but often stay in the downtown core on nights when we have to be in town late into the evening. I booked the room on Hotwire. Upon arrival I asked if they could give us a room with two beds, I was told it would be a $30 upgrade. I realize that booking on hotwire does not guarantee a specific room however if they have one available I have never had a hotel charge extra to get a room with two beds. Had no choice so I paid. When I got to the room it was extremely small, clean but glad I did not have an extended stay here. I called to request a wine glass and told it would be $1.00 charge per glass. I have never had a hotel charge to use a glass. While sitting in my room in the early afternoon 4pmish I kept noticing feet at my room door. When I looked out a few times I noticed the security guard checking up on us he never knocked though. When I left to go out later in the evening he was outside my room again standing in the hall so I said, is there a reason you are standing outside my room and have been most of the day and he said we were loud. Not once did he knock on the door to say anything. I don't believe we were loud as we were just chatting and had the tv on low in the background. Later in the evening I got separated from my colleague while we were out. She returned to the room and realized she didn't have the key. She didn't expect the hotel staff to let here in but she asked if she could make a local call and they said no and directed her to a pay phone. She explained that she didn't have cash only credit and they still denied her use of the phone. I was disgusted when I found this out. A lady late at night alone and you won't let her use the phone, even if you can't confirm she is a guest of the hotel any person with common sense or compassion would have let her. What does that say to people who might be tourists in our city. Absolutely disgusting. I wrote the head office of Hilton hotels who gave me a standard we will speak to them response but couldn't tell me in detail if the charges were normal to their chain. I have stayed down the street from there at the Sheraton also by Hilton but never experienced this before. I will be hesitant to stay at another Hilton after this awful treatment.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor street side, not a nice view
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

I stayed here recently for business. The rooms are a bit small but they are nicely furnished, modern furniture and flat screen tvs, nice desk and lots of ac plugs, wifi actually works and is free. I stayed on one of the quiet Hilton Honors floors. Great location, close to The Eaton Centre downtown.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Nashville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

As others have mentioned, the rooms are quite small. However, ours was so nice we didn't care. We appreciate clean, modern comfortable hotel rooms, and Doubletree did not disappoint. The bathroom was very nice as well. Unfortunately we were only able to stay one night and did not visit the restaurants or pool, so I can't comment on those. If you prefer to have breakfast elsewhere, I recommend walking to La Creperie on Queen Street West near John Street--very tasty, and about a 15-20 minute walk.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Toronto Downtown? Share your experiences!