“Two day weekend stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree by Hilton Toronto Downtown

You added Doubletree by Hilton Toronto Downtown to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton Toronto Downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   108 Chestnut St., Toronto, Ontario M5G 1R3, Canada (Formerly The Metropolitan Hotel) (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Getaway Package
Ranked #30 of 140 Hotels in Toronto
Toronto, Canada
“Two day weekend stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My daughter thought it would be great to try a different hotel for our yearly weekend together. I have to say the stay was great. Being right downtown was perfect too. The room was small but clean and comfortable. The staff was very helpful. Would definitely go back!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Greek first
Port Elgin, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stayed at Double Tree by HIlton in Toronto Downtown 28APR2015. This is an excellent location which has great rooms and excellent fitness facility.

I ordered room service for Breakfast $22.00 ($31.00 after tax and service fees) specified eggs over hard, bacon, toast etc. When the food arrived the person said here is your breakfast with eggs over hard as requested. When I got into eating them, they were runny, and hash browns were cold. At any normal breakfast I would send it back. When I went to check out I mentioned the issue to the front desk manager she mentioned she would talk to the restaurant and give me a call. I return that afternoon and mentioned the restaurant manager still hadn't called, she said they would.
I'm frustrated that the front desk could simply remove the $31 charge to my bill and the issue would have been solved instead they are wasting my time and theirs, hence my reason for the review.
I am a "valued" Hilton Honors member.

Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I stayed at the Double Tree Hilton in Toronto on April 11, 2015 with a colleague of mine. We are from Toronto but often stay in the downtown core on nights when we have to be in town late into the evening. I booked the room on Hotwire. Upon arrival I asked if they could give us a room with two beds, I was told it would be a $30 upgrade. I realize that booking on hotwire does not guarantee a specific room however if they have one available I have never had a hotel charge extra to get a room with two beds. Had no choice so I paid. When I got to the room it was extremely small, clean but glad I did not have an extended stay here. I called to request a wine glass and told it would be $1.00 charge per glass. I have never had a hotel charge to use a glass. While sitting in my room in the early afternoon 4pmish I kept noticing feet at my room door. When I looked out a few times I noticed the security guard checking up on us he never knocked though. When I left to go out later in the evening he was outside my room again standing in the hall so I said, is there a reason you are standing outside my room and have been most of the day and he said we were loud. Not once did he knock on the door to say anything. I don't believe we were loud as we were just chatting and had the tv on low in the background. Later in the evening I got separated from my colleague while we were out. She returned to the room and realized she didn't have the key. She didn't expect the hotel staff to let here in but she asked if she could make a local call and they said no and directed her to a pay phone. She explained that she didn't have cash only credit and they still denied her use of the phone. I was disgusted when I found this out. A lady late at night alone and you won't let her use the phone, even if you can't confirm she is a guest of the hotel any person with common sense or compassion would have let her. What does that say to people who might be tourists in our city. Absolutely disgusting. I wrote the head office of Hilton hotels who gave me a standard we will speak to them response but couldn't tell me in detail if the charges were normal to their chain. I have stayed down the street from there at the Sheraton also by Hilton but never experienced this before. I will be hesitant to stay at another Hilton after this awful treatment.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor street side, not a nice view
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

I stayed here recently for business. The rooms are a bit small but they are nicely furnished, modern furniture and flat screen tvs, nice desk and lots of ac plugs, wifi actually works and is free. I stayed on one of the quiet Hilton Honors floors. Great location, close to The Eaton Centre downtown.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Nashville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

As others have mentioned, the rooms are quite small. However, ours was so nice we didn't care. We appreciate clean, modern comfortable hotel rooms, and Doubletree did not disappoint. The bathroom was very nice as well. Unfortunately we were only able to stay one night and did not visit the restaurants or pool, so I can't comment on those. If you prefer to have breakfast elsewhere, I recommend walking to La Creperie on Queen Street West near John Street--very tasty, and about a 15-20 minute walk.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Havelock, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at this Hotel from April 13th to April 19th while my husband had open heart surgery at the Toronto General Hospital. The staff at this hotel are amazing, especially Raja, Rosice, Jenny, Dennis and many others whom I cannot remember their names. They went above and beyond the call of duty to ensure I was comfortable and at easy while in the restaurant and bar area during this very stressful time. The bell captain knew that the limo had just picked up my husband and was waiting for me to settle my account and he came to me immediately and made sure my wait was minimal.
My husband and I will definitely return to this hotel when my husband has recovered.
I will also recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Umesh S, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear 6707888barbara

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review and the first thing I want to say is that we all hope your husband is having a speedy and extremely healthy recovery from the surgery. I am absolutely thrilled with the amazing comments you made about some of our incredible team members and that they were able to help you get through this very difficult time and i am so proud of them for how they made you feel. I was so happy to share these remarks with them and it made each of them smile because they remember exactly who you are and they loved making a difference for you. Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and we hope to welcome you back again.

Umesh Srivastava CHA
Gatineau, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Really enjoyed my one-night stay at this hotel. It is conveniently located, close to many restaurants and shops. Staff was very friendly and room was perfect. Good internet connection, no complaints at all!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Chantal M

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review and I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our associates to be friendly and to live up to your expectations. Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and we hope to welcome you back again.

Umesh Srivastava CHA

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Toronto Downtown? Share your experiences!