“Would stay there again.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree by Hilton Toronto Downtown

You added Doubletree by Hilton Toronto Downtown to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton Toronto Downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   108 Chestnut St., Toronto, Ontario M5G 1R3, Canada (Formerly The Metropolitan Hotel) (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Getaway Package
Ranked #31 of 140 Hotels in Toronto
Vancouver, Canada
“Would stay there again.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

We got a great deal off Hotwire to stay at this hotel for 3 days while we were in Toronto. Location wise... because it's so close to Yonge/Dundas, almost every major tourist site is within walking distance. We found the staff very courteous and helpful. (Fresh warm cookies at check-in anyone?)

And though hotel looks a bit dated from the outside, the rooms were quite nice. The lobby could use some work though. There was free wifi that had some pretty quick speeds, which was nice. The underground parking is quite tight and can be a bit hazardous. Not much that can be done about that unfortunately. Just gotta be extra careful with rental cars. I'm never a fan of paying for parking at any hotel, so the $29/day charge didn't make me smile.

Although we didn't take advantage of the gym or pool, they were available. The gym was well stocked with various weight/cardio machines for anyone that wanted it. The pool area I found a bit dark and eerie for my taste. Some more lighting would help out a lot.

Overall, my girlfriend and I enjoyed our stay and would book again... as long as it was another solid deal off a 3rd party site. Don't think it's worth the $200+ per night regular price.

Room Tip: We were originally booked for a Queen size bed, but at check-in asked if any Kings were available an...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Umesh S, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Dear RyGuy604

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review of your most recent stay with us. I am glad you had a good time at our hotel and found our location great for you. We do have an amazing location since we are so close to some of Toronto's greatest attractions, shopping, restaurants and so much more. I am pleased you liked our renovated rooms and we are so proud that every guest room in the hotel has now been fully renovated. We thank you for choosing us and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Umesh Srivastava CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Greek first
Ottawa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

At least the wifi is now free.

The lobby is under construction for some 6 months now.

There are still issues with this hotel. It's not a smooth operation. I was given a room with no bed linen, towels and it had not been cleaned. Back down to the desk and all they can offer is a room with no light in the entrance. Its 10 pm, the hockey game is on I want to get to bed so...

I still get the impression that they don't do this too often. They need a little more practice before they open the show. On my last three stays there was some small annoying glitch.

The comment card want your zip and state ??? The first question is was I offered a warm cookie at reception - yes but not a room...

The location is great.

Still need some management.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear IntSommelier

Thank you very much for sharing your feelings on your recent stay with us and it certainly seems that we did not meet your expectations especially with the check in process. I am sorry that the check in process was such a challenge and it seems that we were not at our best this day. Our Front Desk Manager would like you to contact him and to see what we can do to "Make it Right" for you. His email address is matt.scriven@hilton.com.

Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

I chose this hotel due to location and value. It turned out to be a really nice hotel and I enjoyed the brisk morning walk to my conference being held at the Eaton Center towers. Rooms were clean and newly remodeled, staff were friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Umesh S, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Beth O

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review based on your recent stay with us and I am so happy that you enjoyed everything. We are so proud now that all of our guest rooms have been renovated and we can offer them to all of our guests now. Thank you so much for choosing us and we look forward to welcoming you back as our guest.

Norwich, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

I booked this hotel a couple of days before I arrived based on the price and location, the fact that it was a Hilton was a bonus.

I was aware that there was a charge for parking, and do expect that in a city, but it seemed rather expensive at nearly $30 per night inc taxes, this price was not shown on the expedia website - i think maybe it should be.

Nice room, 3 windows, corner room and a lovely view of the CN Tower which is quite impressive anyway but looks even better at night.

Very good location, close to everything.

The only downside seemed to be that the internet connection was absolutely terrible over both nights i was there, but that wasnt the end of the world to me.

All in all a good stay, and i would reccomend it.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear Kelly B

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review and share your thoughts about your most recent stay with us. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are constantly working with our technology teams to improove our internet connection throughout the hotel to give our guests a better experience. We look forward to welcoming you back as our guest.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

I was here for one week. The location was great. The staff was pretty good. My room was a little loud. Engineering was next door Tuesday making quite a racket. Other than that the room was clean and nicely decorated. Always had hot water. That was real nice.

The restaurant was a mixed bag. breakfast cost the hotel a star. I wanted an egg white omelette and fruit. Instead of accommodating me, the water kept pushing the brunch on me. I was irritated and wound up at the breakfast bar and didn't get what I wanted. It also was far from a bargain. I had dinner in the bar. The food service was slow but Julie was great. She is an asset. I had dinner at the restaurant one last night and again the service was strange. My waiter got my order and was polite. Then he evaporated and other people came to the table. It would have been fine if it wasn't so long. The food was good.

Overall I would go back to stay but not eat.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear Jim B

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review of our hotel and I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have spoken with our restaurant management team about your comments and they will share with their associates to see what we can do better to have guests not feel the way you did. Thank you so much for staying with us and we look forward to having you return.

Ajax, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

The Metropolitan used to be a highly recommended hotel in the GTA for conferences. I have used this facility for over 11 years. The recent transition to a Doubletree by Hilton has resulted in to less then satisfactory food preparation and options, dirty rooms and frustrated staff. It is such a shame! I will be looking else where for my future conferences.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Juliet R

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review about your recent meetings with us. It certainly seems that you have not caught us at our best and I am certainly upset that after so many years we have not met your expectations. Reena would love the chance to speak with you and see what we can do to "Make it Right" for you so that we can continue our relationship. Please email her at reena.jaitly@hilton.com

Windsor, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was the hotel selected for guests of the wedding. I called to make reservations and the day I called the reservation system was down. I called the second time and the reservation person couldn't find the wedding list. I waited so long on hold that I was pumped back to the front desk. I spoke to the front desk and gave my problem and she said that she would look into it and call me back. I left my name and phone number and lo and behold no one called me back. The next time I called to make a reservation for the wedding I was informed that all the wedding rooms were now sold. I could stay there but it is much higher rate. I couldn't believe this! I had called and lots of time. We were looking for two rooms. It was clearly the fault of the hotel. Not very good service for a division of Hilton!

Stayed May 2014
Dear deb1981

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review about your most recent stay. It seems that we have certainly not met any of your expectations and our Front Office Manager would love the chance to speak with you about this unfortunate experience you have had. Please email him at matt.scriven@hilton.com The last thing we ever want is for a guest to leave here upset and frustrated.

Umesh Srivastava CHA

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Toronto Downtown? Share your experiences!