“Clean, Good Staff, Close to Zoo and Highway” 4 of 5 stars

Delta Toronto East
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2035 Kennedy Road, Toronto, Ontario M1T 3G2, Canada   |
Ranked #51 of 140 Hotels in Toronto
Ottawa, Canada
“Clean, Good Staff, Close to Zoo and Highway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Exceptionally clean, good sized room and bathroom, very easy to get to from the 401 and a short drive to the zoo. Front desk and restaurant staff were very friendly and helpful. There is a Casey's and Greek restaurant within walking distance. Breakfast buffet is pricey, but very fresh, with a wide selection. Plenty of hot, frequent coffee refills, including one to take away with us. They let me niece also wrap her croissant to take away as well. Lemon water in the lobby in the afternoon; coffee in the morning. Large pool that we didn't try, but which look fun. No fridge in the room, but I booked a cheapie deal at the last minute ($150 for two doubles, three people) so I didn't expect one. Parking is on site, $12 per night.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Azhar_Kheraj, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Toronto East, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughtful observations regarding your recent stay at Delta Toronto East. I am very happy to hear that you acknowledge our high standards of cleanliness, in which we take a great deal of pride. We have an amazing team of staff that consistently ensure our guests have everything that need for an enjoyable stay, as you experienced firsthand in the Whitesides Terrace Grille restaurant.

Our hotel is well-situated for convenient access to shopping and dining, though our three hotel restaurants provide an ample selection on-site cuisines that will dazzle your senses.
For guest convenience, fridges and microwaves are available by request.

We hope to welcome your family back in soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Wasn't sure what to expect - but the price was right. We got a deal for a night including Wonderland passes - basically the hotel stay was free with a $20 food credit, parking and late check-out.

The lobby of the hotel is nice but a bit odd. After entering, you pass by the restaurant and then onto a walkway over the "open-concept" pool. Our room was at the far end of the hotel (east), but I noticed that some rooms had "balconies" facing onto the (loud) pool area.

The room was lovely and I even received a call 10 minutes after arriving to ensure that everything was up to my standards. No complaints at all. When we checked out the buffet I noticed a number of fresh salads and vegetarian items as well as a kid's buffet with chicken fingers/fries etc. I enjoyed many salads and a fantastic veggie curry. Don't remember what my hubby ate, but we both left stuffed.

If you can get a good deal on this hotel - go for it!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Delta Toronto East. Hotel guests have the option of a room overlooking the indoor pool, popular among families with children, or a tower room known for its city views and soothing tranquility, well removed from the lobby area. Recently completed hotel renovations have updated all guest rooms with a fresh, modern feel. The dinner buffet that enticed your senses is available every Saturday evening, offering a variety of fresh delectable dishes put together by our talented culinary team.

From our stunning hotel facilities to our passion for service, it is our hope that every guest leaves feeling refreshed and revitalized. It is with honest and candid comments such as yours that we are able to meet goals of providing guests with the exceptional experience they deserve, and I thank you again for that.
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I booked one night on Aug 29, but they couldn't find my booking when I got there afternoon, but they helped me to get a room at the end. Everything looks fine until I checked out on midnight, because I have to leave by some emergency things, so I went to front desk to check out at 11:50pm. The girl at front desk name is Sasha said their computer system has problem, I have to wait a little time to check out, I thought wont be too long, so I was wait and wait for 20 mins, also the same time Sasha went to check the room because I paid by cash deposit, after she done the room check she came to me said need another 5 mins, I said ok, no problem. Then I wait another 15 mins, already 12:25 am, no one come to tell us what's going on here, then I went to the dest, another guy name is Steve, I have to say this guy is really bad, he said he can check out for me but never mention anything about computer system, make me feel I was like stupid person just sit there wait for long time. But that's fine, the problem is he asked my room number and typed some thing on the computer and start to count the money in their cashier box, start from quarters and then 5 dollar bills, then I said I hope this is not for me, he said no, I just check the money. I said why you check the money now, I was wait to check out for long time, he said I have to check the money before I give to you and very rude! But all this money is not for me! Anyway, he raise up his voice and talk to me 3 times I HAVE TO, my god, he is too bad, unbelievable this is 4 stars hotels service! I have no any complain about because of the computer problem but I can't stand his attitude! I wait for half hour to check out at midnight, the you just do the thing you want to do and never care about your guests feeling, it's too bad. Also, when I ask about how to complain about your service, he give me a name card said this is his boss, you can call whenever you want! When I went to my car, I found out this business card is the girl just sand besides him Sasha's name card! I feel he is a really bad person! Then I went back to ask him why you give me Sasha's name card, is she your boss? Then he give me another card from front desk, never say sorry!!!

I just want to say not everybody is bad there but Steve is an really really bad guy! When you see a name on his shirt, be careful !!! Really bad experience!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your stay at Delta Toronto Eats, I am very sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your experience. I assure you that this is not a typical guest experience, as we take great pride in providing the highest quality of service possible to our guests. We place high value on guest feedback such as yours, as it provides an opportunity to identify where improvements can be made. I assure you that our team will learn and grow from comments such as these. It is our goal to make certain that each team member is consistently engaged in positive interactions with each and every guest.

Thank you for your sharing your views
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Spent 3 nights recently at the Delta Toronto East. We chose it because of the water slides and proximity to the zoo. Upon arrival, parking was already an issue. The lobby was full and waited ten minutes to check-in. The culprit? Some sort of college graduation. The rooms are a good size. Had to ask for a fridge, even though I was told by reservations that fridges came standard. Not true and they charge you $15 a night. Kind of strange when you market yourself as a "family friendly" hotel. I wonder what parents of babies do with the baby food? $15 a night can add up. The sheets in my bed were stained. Realised it after one nights' sleep. Advised housekeeping and they changed the sheet. The next day, more stains on the sheet. Also not enough towels anf faceclothes. Overall, it is an ok hotel. If you have kids that love to swim and/or are planning a visit to the zoo; then this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Delta Toronto East. I am sorry to hear that your first impression was not up to the high standards that we expect of our hotel. Occasionally when there are large receptions at our hotel the parking lot can get quite full. We have additional parking at the rear of the hotel, as well as a covered parking garage.

We take much pride in our positioning as a family friendly hotel; it is brought under consideration regarding many of our policies and procedures. We understand the importance of meeting and exceeding the specific needs and expectations of the families that stay with us. Fridges and microwaves are available upon guest request, based on availability.

Hotel cleanliness is of utmost importance to our team, and your unfortunate experience is not up to the standards we have in place. I would like to invite your family back enjoy our facilities and a proper visit in which you can experience the remarkable service we strive to consistently provide to every guest.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Avon, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

My family and I decided to take a short vacation to Toronto over a long weekend. We booked two rooms but I goofed and didn't make them "connecting." While helping us to our rooms upon check in, William (bellman) took it upon himself to contact the front desk and change our reservation. Unfortunately, the hotel was completely booked but William proceeded to make the necessary arrangements for the next day. After a very long day at the wonderful Toronto Zoo, William was waiting to help us move rooms at 9:00 PM at night. Wow, now that is amazing service! Sasha and Katie, at the front desk, were also extremely helpful. The pool staff and restaurant staff couldn't have been more professional and hospitable to our family. Delta Hotels have my loyalty as a patron. Thank you to everyone for a great weekend!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near elevator. A little noisy.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kitchener, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We travelled to the Delta in July and stayed for 2 nights with our two kids aged 4 and it was such a great place to stay for a family. The pool was by far the highlight of the stay as they have a kiddie pool that is separated from the main pool, complete with its own kiddie slide. Our kids couldn't get enough of it. The bonus, it is quite warm. The room was very nice and clean. We were a bit disappointed with other guests dishes being left in the hallway for over 24 hours. Also, the lobby washrooms were very dirty and did not get cleaned in the 2 nights, 3 days that we were there. The breakfast was amazing but very expensive. This hotel was great for the proximity to the zoo as well as the Scarborough Town centre.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

It is close to the zoo and is a full service hotel. The rooms are fine and clean enough. It's not noisy if you get a hotel in the tower - if you get the older rooms that face the pool it will be noisy. The hotel used to be very upscale - now it is a bit shabby but not terrible. The restaurants are ok - big portions. Service a bit lacksidasical. Overall fine but nothing amazing.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Delta Toronto East? Share your experiences!