I chose this hotel having read the many positive reviews on TripAdvisor, and made the reservation through British Airways - who offered the best rate at the time of reservation.
On arrival late evening our luggage was taken by the bellhops from the taxi to the reception - each person encountered giving a warm friendly welcome.
As with many 'Courtyards' this hotel is now completely 'non smoking', with smokers congregating outside the hotel main entrance.
The above average room (16th floor) faced northwards and was typical of 'courtyard' standards. Beds etc were comfortable. We did have a couple of problems with a light not working and the coffee maker leaking and 'tripping out'. one phonecall to reception and these were sorted within 10 minutes.
The location of the hotel is excellent - close to subway, restaurants, eaton centre etc.
we ate in the restaurant on two occasions, the first was above average, but the second time was poor. perhaps different chef?
Unfortunately i did not take a laptop with me - as the hotel offers free in room internet access, so took advantage of using the business
centre at CAD$ 3.00 plus tax for 15 mins. This rate compared favourably against the Courtyard Niagara which charges CAD$ 5.00 plus tax for 10 mins! (i have written a review for this property also).
One area this hotel outshone all others on the trip was the services of the concierge. Lydia was absolutely superb in the help and advice she gave - nothing was too much trouble! apart from myself i heard other guests commenting on how friendly and helpful she was! she even
managed to change a car rental reservation for me that i hadnt even booked with her. She certainly deserves a commendation!
This hotel certainly does deserve its high rating in the trip advisor
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Toronto Downtown Hotel Toronto
- Courtyard By Marriott Toronto Downtown Hotel
- Courtyard Toronto
- Toronto Courtyard
- Courtyard Toronto Downtown
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard Downtown Toronto, located in the heart of downtown Toronto, at the corner of Yonge & College Sts., minutes from fashionable shopping, restaurants, museums, galleries, theatre, financial, government and discovery districts. Steps from College subway station, 25 min. from Pearson International Airport. Complimentary high speed wireless intenet access in every guest room! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Marriott, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, getaroom.com, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.