“just perfect” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Downtown

You added Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Downtown to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   475 Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario M4Y 1X7, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #66 of 140 Hotels in Toronto
melton mowbray
“just perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2007

this stay at this marriot was part of a last minute holiday to see the niagara falls and then on to quebec city.
so we stayed for just 2 nites. i Emailed ahead and requested a room high as possible thus enhancing any views. i rec. an immed. answer telling me that rooms allocated was on a first come first served basis.. luckily our flight from london arr. midday so via taxi we could check as soon as we arrived ie 1pm ish. we . requested . the highest room avail. and got the 17th (top is 18 floors). everything was absolutely perfect..warm.....ultra clean.... spacious.... and efficient. all for equiv. of £60 per nite. for the 2 of us . would get such value in london.
flat walk to CN tower (30 mins steady walk.)

Stayed January 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (373)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2007

I stayed at this hotel for a week for business, and I've stayed here before. While it isn't the most lavish hotel I've stayed at, it is clean, well-kept, fairly nice, and in a PERFECT location to everything in the city (across the street from the subway line, restaurants, etc.). It's also steps away from Eaton Centre and the Gay Villiage, and is in a safe area as well. The beds are fairly comfortable and the rooms have all your standard things. I did find that a lot of families stayed at the hotel, so the fitness room and pool was often filled with children (kind of annoying, but bearable). Overall, I would recommend this over most other hotels in the city, should you wish to have a decent priced hotel with most amenitites that is in a GREAT location. Book on the website and ask for the AAA rate on there (even if you don't have a card...they don't check). Also, if you book through the website, they will usually include the breakfast buffet, which was VERY good.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Portsmouth, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2007

I travelled from the UK on my own and stayed at this hotel for eight days. The staff were friendly and courteous, and I got a great room considering I was on my own. I said on the south tower on the 15th floor but the lifts were prompt and the view was outstanding.

Location wise, I wasn't as impressed about the location as I wanted to go out to some nice bars/clubs and they were not very near to the hotel. However, the underground station is nearby and is perfect for most of the tourist locations.

I didn't have the breakfast at the hotel as they were much nicer (and cheaper) alternatives nearby in College Street. I can't comment on the pool either as I never saw it (although I did see somebody carrying a towel).

Though Toronto people may sigh, it is true that they really are nice and friendly people - even the beggars (of which there are too many) only bother you once with a request for money. As a lone traveller I was a bit apprehensive about being there, but they really made me feel welcome.

I got to the hotel from Pearson International and it cost only C$2.75, which you can't really argue about. If you're patient, it's worth it, because in the US its always cost me around US$80 (plus copious tipping) to get to the hotel. Upon arrival in toronto, catch the 192 bus (the information desk person will tell you which stop) to Kipling, and then jump on a subway train upstairs to College, with one change. The whole trip took less than an hour in rush hour traffic.

I booked the flight through Air Transat, who have deals in Jan and Feb, whilst the hotel I got through online search. The hotel itself charged much more for the room than the website where I booked the room

Tourist wise, the ROM is still being renovated but was much better than I had been led to believe. I went on a Tuesday but it's much cheaper on Friday evenings for some reason. Annoyingly, the Art musuem (also being done up) is shut on mondays and tuesdays, so I didn't have time to visit that place. The CN tower was also better than expected, although it was surreal when the tourist guide in the lift started translating into French when there was only me and another English-speaking person in the lift. Note: don't go during the first week in January as that's when Canadians take their main break and apparantly the wait to go to the top of the tower can be over an hour!

I did however get to see the local basketball team (Raptors) and I was really surprised to find it actually entertaining!

Anyway, I'll quit rabbitting and let you decide. Thanks Toronto for a great time!

Stayed January 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2007

This was a repeat trip to this hotel. Its location is perfect for me as I like being close to multiple areas. However, I get so frustrated with hotels that forget about taking care of the guests.

The hotel room was great. Had a suite and enjoyed the space. The toilet ran...a lot.....but mostly everything with the room was great. I even was able to enjoy the health club and pool area.

My biggest frustration continues to be the exessive fee for parking and fees. $25.00 a day for parking is absurd. It should be 1/2 that. Self-parking is off property.

Further...the restaurant service really annoyed me. The buffet breakfast was shotty, dirty, and not well-kept. It was the holidays and I guess they thought they could slack off. Most annoying was the music during breakfast. It was loud Rap and Rock during breakfast. I would have enjoyed some nice Christmas classical or something relaxing in the morning. The staff seemed to dance to it....at least they were happy.

I may or may not return. I'll look for other campatible locations next time, first.

• Liked — Location to Chruch Street
  • Disliked — Parking Fee and Taxes.
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled on business
Rochester, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2006

This was our 2nd time staying, and we will do it again. There were 3 of us: 2 adults and a 10 yr old. Room was fine and quiet with 2 queen beds and enough room. 2nd floor facing North. Fitness ctr had 6 walking or stepping machines and 1 multi-weight machine. Pool was great for laps. Whirlpool was warm and there was a small kiddy pool. Pool was well ventilated and I sat there reading for 90 minutes while the 10 yr old played. Valet staff and conceirge were great. In/out parking was $25, with the car in a locked warm garage. Many airlines book at the hotel. Many languages heard at breakfast. At dinner we spent over 2 hours talking to a charming couple from Portsmouth on their honeymoon.

Hotel is in a great tourist location. Wendy's in the same building, McDonalds across the street. Drugstore 50 ft South. College streetcar and subway 1/2 block away. Walking distance to Bloor or Eaton Ctr for shopping. Plenty of restaurants in quick walking distance.

• Liked — closness to anything, at a reasonable price
  • Disliked — average room size
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Santiago, Chile
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2006

This is a budget hotel so disregard all those reviews that critize the lack of jacuzzi, etc, because if you want that go to the Hyatt or the JW Marriott not the Courtyard.

This hotel delivers what it promise, period. Clean rooms, good breakfast and fast and efficient service. If you go to Toronto, on business, on a normal budget rather than honeymoon, this is definitely the place to go. Great location by the way (walking distance to Bloor Street).

• Liked — Location
  • Tips/Secrets — Business hotel, not for leisure
  • Stayed November 2006
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Toronto, ON
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2006

This hotel will charge you an amount that you would expect for NYC or Chicago yet the value is not there.

The rooms are basic, need upgrading.

From what I remember no pool, sauna, jaquzzi, but it did have a smalll excercise room.

They charge you for parking, valet is $20 dollars CDN.

If you have a complain, good luck winning with the manager, It took me 3 long distance phone calls and I finally gave up and called Marriott headquarters for help. They did, luckily for me.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — The staff
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay at the PARK HYATT or the DAYS INN down the street
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Downtown? Share your experiences!