For the price, this was a good choice for central downtown Toronto. It is on Yonge Street, but several blocks north of the "main" strip of downtown Toronto. It borders Toronto's "gay village", so many guests are GBLT. If you are intolerant, go elsewhere (actually don't even come to Canada - we do not welcome intolerance). Because of it's location by the gay village, it's a very safe location for single women travellers.
The staff are all excellent in all departments. Helpful, knowledgeable, friendly and welcoming.
The rooms are smaller than the newer Courtyards, as this is a old hotel purchased and renovated by Coutyard by Marriott. However they have all the typical Courtyard by Marriott comforts and amenities.
The pool & fitness centre are fantastic.
Large free business centre for those not travelling with their own laptops.
We did not use the hotel restaurant, however it looked clean and comfortable, and the menu was reasonable with sufficient variety to please everyone.
The hotel is handy to just about any cuisine you could want. This is, after all, downtown Toronto - the most multicultural city on earth. Starbucks and McDonalds are in the same block - great for fast access to your morning jolt.
The only "fault" I could find was that parking ($25 - typical for Toronto) was across the street in a parking garage with the steepest ramp I've ever seen. In hindsight we should've taken the train into downtown and used Toronto Transit (TTC), as the subway is just a block or so away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard Downtown Toronto, located in the heart of downtown Toronto, at the corner of Yonge & College Sts., minutes from fashionable shopping, restaurants, museums, galleries, theatre, financial, government and discovery districts. Steps from College subway station, 25 min. from Pearson International Airport. Complimentary high speed wireless intenet access in every guest room! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Marriott so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Toronto Downtown Hotel Toronto
- Toronto Courtyard
- Courtyard Toronto Downtown