“Great location!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Downtown

You added Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Downtown to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   475 Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario M4Y 1X7, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #63 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
Ottawa, Canada
“Great location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

This hotel is close to the Easton Center, restaurants and Dundas Square. Rooms were clean, staff is friendly and service is great. It's a great hotel if you want something downtown but not blow the budget at the same time!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

I have stayed here several times because of its location (close to business meetings I attended, or the location for a conference held in the ballroom). Very reasonable prices, comfortable, clean rooms, and very helpful staff. The food has always been good at the events I have attended.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Ottawa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

This is the chosen hotel for meetings held for part of my work. Rooms are ok in the newly remodeled section ( much better than my last stay in an older room). Service is friendly and the food catered for our event and in the restaurant was surprisingly good. The neighbouhood is not inspiring but there is a large Winner's and a pharmacy a block away. Note: check the time on the alarm clock; I woke up an hour early as the time wasn't right. The opposite would have been more dangerous. Noise is not an issue in this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has been remodeled.
Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
pgilmore, Director, Revenue Management at Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
We appreciate your comments with regards to your recent stay with us. Thank you for your business!
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The Courtyard Marriott is well located downtown, however the facility is definitely in need of an upgrade. On first impressions it seemed like an average hotel in this chain, with friendly staff and quick, efficient and friendly service. After checking in and getting settled, I was suprised to find that even though I was on a lower floor overlooking Yonge St, there was very little external noise from the street, just the occasion siren or unmuffled motorcycle. There are also lots of inexpensive restaurants in the vicinity.
Then things started going downhill.....
At night I turned on the air-con as the room was quite stuffy. The noise coming from the unit was louder than I've ever experienced in a hotel. I usually like a bit of white noise when I sleep, however this was extreme. I had the choice of no air-con and a hot/stuffy room, or wear earplugs to block the sound and just hope to be awoken by my alarm the next morning.
When I did get up the next morning (6:30), I turned on the shower to find no hot water. Last time this occured for me was in the far reaches of the Amazon where it is to be expected, not in a downtown Toronto hotel. Since I was in a rush to get out, I had my cold shower and quickly departed the hotel. I did not mention this to management at the time due to my tight schedule in the morning, but if they read this - it was room 506 on May 27.
Given this experience, I will not be staying here again. There are much better options in downtown Toronto at this price range.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
pgilmore, Director, Revenue Management at Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
We appreciate your comments on your recent stay with us. Thank you for your kind words on our great location and friendly staff with quick and efficient service! I am sorry that your room was not what you expected. I have passed on your information to the appropriate departments to look into. We do hope that you will come back when our renovations are complete.
Teeswater,Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed there for 2 nights and were treated very well by everyone.Staff were always smiling and very helpful when needed.Beds were very comfortable and rooms very clean.Liked the closeness to everything downtown.Would stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My wife and I were attending a wedding celebration in the area and found this hotel to be very convenient. The staff was extremely helpful in pointing us in the right directions. We valet parked our car at the hotel without incident. The hotel was clean and well run. The room was comfortable and quiet. The hotel has a strict noise policy displayed in the lobby before you go up to your room. If you are looking for a nice quiet visit to Toronoto, I highly recomment this location.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Blackburn, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

$35 per day to park on top of the overpriced rooms. Maybe this is standard for Toronto ($199 per night).. but also forgot the added taxes and parking fees. Breakfast was expensive too with slow service. But, the rooms were clean and comfortable.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you found our rooms to be clean and comfortable. Our pricing for parking and breakfast is competitive with other downtown Toronto hotels and evaluated regularly. We appreciate your comments however as guest experience is top priority for us.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Downtown? Share your experiences!