Just returned from a trip to Canada which included a four day trip to Niagara Falls and Toronto.
We pre-booked our rooms months in advance online through a travel comparison site, both our Niagara hotel and Toronto hotel were Courtyard Marriott but both experiences were completely different. We could not fault the Niagara Courtyard Marriott in any way, the staff were extremely polite and helpful, the on site parking was reasonable at $11 a night and the rooms were clean, large and modern, all well worth the cost, unfortunately the same can't be said for the Courtyard Marriott in Toronto on Yonge St.
There was some confusion on arrival to the Courtyard Marriott Toronto, our booking had been cancelled as the site we had booked the hotel through had gone bust a week before our arrival but when I phoned the hotel two days before our arrival I was assured that our booking was still in place but we may need to repay. Unfortunately this was not the case on arrival, our booking had been completely cancelled and the check-in desk were not very helpful in explaining or easing the situation, we then had to rebook two rooms at double the cost. Aside from this, the on site parking increased the cost further at a whopping $37 a night( which we were then charged four times for even though we were only staying two nights). The guy checking us in was really unwelcoming and wouldn't give us an estimated time for when we could get in to our rooms and even when asking for directions to the CN tower he just handed us a map leaving us to work the rest out for ourselves.
The rooms themselves were clean but unlike the Courtyard Marriott in Niagara and considering the extreme difference in cost, the rooms were very dated, the air con system in the corridor was extremely noisy, some of the lights didn't work, the in room air con was old and very noisy, the bathroom was tiny and even the TV broke on the first night.
Our stay in Toronto was enjoyable but our hotel experience wasn't. We've stayed in several Marriott's and usually find them a respectable service. We are extremely disappointed that the same can't be said for Courtyard Marriott Toronto,in a city where modern facilities are abundance and great customer service is what hospitality services like hotels build their reputation on, it a great shame that Courtyard Marriott does not follow these principles to provide a stress free travel experience.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Toronto Downtown Hotel
- Courtyard By Marriott Toronto Downtown Hotel Toronto
- Courtyard Toronto
- Toronto Courtyard
- Courtyard Toronto Downtown
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard Downtown Toronto, located in the heart of downtown Toronto, at the corner of Yonge & College Sts., minutes from fashionable shopping, restaurants, museums, galleries, theatre, financial, government and discovery districts. Steps from College subway station, 25 min. from Pearson International Airport. Complimentary high speed wireless intenet access in every guest room! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Venere, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.