We stayed at this hotel last January 2013 for a day getaway using our Marriott freebie.
The hotel is located mid-downtown and close to a subway at Carlton St/College St. It is also a short walking distance to the new Maple Leaf Garden (now a Lablows store). A shopping center is located at the corner of College & Yonge streets. Lots of restaurants & stores along Yonge St, College St & Carlton St.
I like the lobby of this hotel as it is spacious and has a fireplace, which makes it welcoming. We happened to have a new employee attending to us but although it took a bit longer she did fine.
We found the corridors to be too claustrophobic..too narrow. Maybe new brighter wall paper and carpet will alleviate this problem.
One of the things tourist should know is they have Valet Parking only ($32.00/day). However, there is a multi-storey parking bldg on Wood St.(where you enter to go to the hotel) if you prefer.
I believe the rate for overnight parking is a bit less than at the hotel. Whether it is safe, I don't know.
Our room is on the 15th Floor -South Tower (which has a nice view of the Bloor St skyline at night). We asked for an upgrade and had no problem getting this. The room is spacious, clean, the bed is semi-comfortable, had problem adjusting the shower, Towels were a bit worn out, a small part of the ceiling was peeling off. But , overall I would say it is a good room to have for a night's stay. Our room is far enough from the ice machine that we do not hear it when the door is closed. BE SURE YOU ASK FOR A ROOM FAR FROM THE MACHINE.
Being near the subway is great as we had to go downtown to Canoe Restaurant for dinner (check my review of this). We made use of PATH - Toronto underground walkway so weather was not a problem. We also went to the Loblaws nearby and was amazed at how vast this grocery store is. It even has an LCBO (liquor store) and Joe Fresh (fashion store) in the second floor. This is a good place to have breakfast , lunch or dinner. We had breakfast at the hotel and spent about $16 each .....just because we were lazy to walk.
Will I go back again? Yes for a short stay only (not more than 2 nights).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard Downtown Toronto, located in the heart of downtown Toronto, at the corner of Yonge & College Sts., minutes from fashionable shopping, restaurants, museums, galleries, theatre, financial, government and discovery districts. Steps from College subway station, 25 min. from Pearson International Airport. Complimentary high speed wireless intenet access in every guest room! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Marriott, Priceline, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Toronto Downtown Hotel Toronto
- Toronto Courtyard
- Courtyard Toronto Downtown