“Good location, but interior can be noisy” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Downtown

You added Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Downtown to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   475 Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario M4Y 1X7, Canada (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights & Save 15%
Ranked #70 of 139 Hotels in Toronto
Canada
“Good location, but interior can be noisy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I have stayed here twice in the last month, and both time the rooms were noisy despite my request for rooms positioned in quiet locations. For some reason the elevator shaft in the north tower seems connected to the air vents in the washrooms, so you can hear the elevator going up and down. In addition, there is a fan near the alcove with the ice machine/vending machine that is like listening to a jet. Also, the second elevator in this tower has been out of service during both stays which can make it a bit of a wait for the one remaining elevator. Rooms are clean and large enough. Close to subway line and a variety of restaurants.

Room Tip: You can ask for one at the end of the hallway away from elevators, but I have done that twice to no...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (391)
  • Polish first
Buffalo, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband and I went to Toronto for a weekend getaway. This hotel is located near the subway, so it is convenient for traveling to shops, restaurants, and theatres anywhere on Yonges Street. There is one entrance to the hotel, so security is good. The hotel offers free wi-fi, plus there is a business center on the first floor. The neighborhood offers a great variety of ethnic restaurants. The only negative is that the room has a long entranceway from the door to the bedroom. The sink and closet are near the bedroom, but the toilet and bathtub are near the door. Our corner room was quiet, but I did notice that 2 rooms were located adjacent to both the elevator and the ice machine. I would avoiid those rooms when booking.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms next to the elevator and the ice machine.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Wingham, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Went here for 2 nights with friends, and found it an excellent location, right near a subway. service was very friendly, that's a huge bonus. If you were parking , it would be pricy, but we didn't have too, so quite reasonable. Rooms were clean and quiet, the bathroom could use a bit of updating, shower was so so, and no exhaust fan, but overall good. The pool was small, but clean. One negative was the bistro/ bar, where we went to one night for something to eat, but after waiting at the counter trying to get the attention of the bartender, ( he seemed to be trying to ignore us) we left and ordered a pizza. I would highly recommend going out for supper just across Yonge St at Chalau, a fabulous reasonably priced Dim Sum restaurant, we did that the second evening.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor of the north tower, was very quiet there.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed here for one night and although the bed was comfortable and the breakfast decent, the hotel in general is very tired and needs an upgrade- particularly in the rooms. Things just look worn out and not completely clean. Probably would not choose to stay here again if the price was right at another hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint John, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

So, it was my friend and I, so we got their King 1 bedroom suite for $170. Can't beat that. He snores and I'm a light sleeper so, having separate room with a sofa bed for him and a door you can close is a recipe for a good night sleep. The rooms were decent, for a suite, a bit dated. I figured a suite would have a shower box, but for $170/night downtown Toronto, yeah, not going to complain :-) I really can't think of any issues with the room, the hotel was very nice, busy, has everything you need in the lobby, the valet was easy. Yep, a nice hotel and for the money, extra nice. Enjoy.

Room Tip: If traveling with friends, get the King Bed One Bedroom suite.. it's Gold Jerry :-)
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Delta bc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

This by far was one of the nicest most amazing hotel beds I've ever slept in - so comefortable!
Was at the 2013 PPPC Trade Show and the Marriott was smack dab in the center of everything I needed while I was in Toronto.
Was treated very well by the staff and I needed that by day 4 of my trip.

Room Tip: Beds provide an amazing sleep...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Port of Spain, Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

This was the first time I traveled internationally, I stayed for 3 nights and 4 days and I must say I was impressed by this hotel. I did lots of research on this site about hotels in the area, and it came down to this hotel or Holiday Inn... and I'm very glad I chose Courtyard Marriott. Super affordable for being right on Yonge Street, lots of things to see and do.

Upon check in the front desk staff were very courteous and helpful, I received early check in as my flight came in earlier than expected. I had no problems with the room, heating worked fine. I didn't eat in the hotel ever so I cannot comment on the restaurant, or room service. There are many restaurants and bars close by, its very convenient.

Other pluses, clean linens, comfy bed, clean hallways, and housekeeping polite and timely, the pool and hot tub :)

I was very satisfied and I would make this my hotel of choice whenever I come to Toronto.

NB: I had a small problem with my credit card when I returned home and the accounts department assisted me greatly.

Garvelle
(happy tourist)

Room Tip: Higher levels, King bed
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo