“absolutely fantastic value for my dollar” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   262 Carlingview Dr., Toronto, Ontario M9W 5G1, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #91 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
Kingston, Canada
“absolutely fantastic value for my dollar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

my wife and i stayed there before we left on our honeymoon, it was our first time at a Quality, and it definitely will not be the last. any town we visit and we need to stay at a hotel, this will be our first choice and will be disappointed if there is not one in the town
- the front desk staff were very friendly and very helpful
- very clean halls and rooms
- wife found the bed a little hard, it was good for me
- airport shuttle quick and on time
- 8 days of covered parking for free, thx

Plain and simple unbeatable value for the money
thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
carlingview, Manager at Quality Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this review, March 29, 2011
The hotel was delighted to read your complimentary feedback on our property. We not only appreciate you taking the time to leave a review of our property but also for choosing to stay with us on your trips to Toronto. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Tony Sabourin
Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

I stay at the Quality Suites regularly between business trips, and I am satisfied with my experience there. I find that despite a cross-section of travelers who stay at the hotel, it is always quiet. I even stayed there on New Year's Eve and did not hear a peep from my neighbours.

The decor in the rooms is getting a bit run down, but it is always clean and comfortable.
I do enjoy having a suite to spread out a bit rather than being stuck in a small room.
The fitness center is pretty small.
My experience with the staff at this hotel has always been positive.

Although I don't mind it, I must say I notice a bit of an odour in the hallways on the second and third floor sometimes. It smells to me like people smoking weed in the stairwells maybe? I'm not sure though, it seems unusual that it would happen on a recurring basis... I didn't think there were smoking rooms on those floors, but I'm not sure about that either.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
carlingview, Director of Sales at Quality Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this review, February 8, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review Quality Suites Toronto Airport on TripAdvisor. We are very pleased to hear that you find our rooms quit and comfortable for sleeping. Ownership is in the process of addressing our need for new furnishings. Our 4th floor is a smoking floor; we will keep extra care and control of the smoke smell through the stairwells. We very much value your business and your feedback. Once again thank you for your review.

Keri Walker, Director of Sales, Quality Suites Toronto Airport
Innisfil, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

Our family of four stayed one night on January 7th and utilized the package allowing us to leave our vehicle for the duration of our trip. We are a family of four with two children aged 11 & 13.

We usually stay once or twice a year at a hotel along the airport strip and after reading the reviews for this hotel and viewing the pictures we thought we would give it a try as it is very close to the airport. We definately regret that decision now.

Our fist impression of the hotel was that the lobby is very small and dated.

Upon our arrival we approached the front desk. We were the only ones in the lobby and there were two employees at the desk. One was on the phone and the other was staring intently at the computer. We stood at the desk for at least 10 minutes while were completely ignored. There was no greeting whatsoever - not even a "we'll be with you in a minute". Nice customer service.

The female on the computer never did make eye contact with us even though we were standing directly in front of her and talking about how rude it is to be completely ignored!

Once the lady on the phone finished her conversation she checked us in relatively quickly. We were told what floor we were on and when we asked where the elevators were we received a flip of the hand in the general direction. Nice customer service.

Once in the room we again noted that it was pretty dated but appeared clean. Even though this was a non-smoking room there was a terrible stench of cigarette smoke throughout the room. We were already frustrated with dealing with the front desk so we decided to try and make the best of it as it was for only one night.

We settled in and put a pot of coffee on. As there was only one package of coffee we called the front desk to enquire about access to a computer and to obtain more coffee. We were advised that the computer was located in the lobby and when we asked for more coffee we were told to come and get it at the front desk. When we asked if there was someone who could bring it to the room we were told to get it at the front desk when we came down to use the computer. Again - nice service.

We put one of the pay per view movies on for the kids and after about 10 minutes the movie simply shut off. We called the front desk and the phone rang at least 30 times with no answer. We went down to the front desk expecting a long line as they must have been too busy to answer the phone and found three employees at the desk and an empty lobby.

When I asked why they were not answering the phone she said the phone never rang. Funny when it is a one button press on the phone in the room.

I told them about the movie and she didn't seem that concerned. I told her that we would be renting the movie again and that I wanted her to make sure that I would not be double billed and she said she would take it off. I then told her our room stank and requested another room. She gave us a new room and told us to call the front desk once we moved.

We went back to the room and loaded up and moved to the new room. When we tried to call the front desk (as they requested) to advise we were in the new room there was again NO ANSWER after at least 50 rings. More nice customer service.

My husband had to go down to the front desk in person to advise we had moved.

After the movie we went down to the lobby to use the computer to check in for our flight and print our boarding passes. The computer screen had a "sign in" screen up but no one at the front desk knew what I was talking about or the password. There was a way to by-pass the screen which I did and continued to check in. Right before I was to print my boarding passes the computer went back to the sign on screen. I told the front desk what was happening and they were not concerned at all. They would not come over to look or try to rectify the situation. They said they would call maintenance. We waited for a while and finally just left and went back to the room without our boarding passes.

We had a very early flight so we were back down to the lobby around 3:00 a.m. to check out. When we got our bill there was a double charge for the movie. We complained and he simply removed it - no apology or concern.

I could live with the dated hotel as the beds are very comfortable but the customer service (or LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE) puts this hotel below a one star.

If they continue with this type of service I can't imagine that they will be in business very long. There are much better hotels to pick from on this strip and I would encourage everyone to do so.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
carlingview, General Manager at Quality Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this review, February 7, 2011
Your feedback is welcome at Quality Suites Toronto Airport. Although we are always disappointed to hear that someone’s stay was not to their satisfaction, we appreciate knowing what issues you experienced so that we can take the appropriate steps to correct them. Since your review, we did have our phone lines checked and corrected, as we did have two of our trunk lines that were down. We would hope that the many positive reviews posted on Trip Advisor would be a testament to our commitment to providing excellent service and we do regret that you felt this was not our priority during your stay. We will be contacting you directly and hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.

George DeSilva
Peterborough, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2010

Our building brigade of 11 volunteers stayed overnight at the Quality Suites Toronto Airport on the night of October 28, 2010 on our way to Nuevo Paraiso, Honduras to build a much needed kindergarten room onto a tiny country school with no electricity and outside toilets. We left our vehicles at the Quality Suites, free of charge, in indoor parking for the 12 days we were away. We had to catch a 6:00 AM flight and the airport shuttle was on time, as was the shuttle back to our vehicles on our return. The Sales Manager gave us a special rate for volunteer groups, looked after all our needs in a professional manner, and was delightful to deal with. The whole experience with Quality Suites Toronto Airport was top notch.

• Stayed October 2010
carlingview, Director of Sales at Quality Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this review, January 24, 2011
We were delighted to hear that your building brigade enjoyed the convenience of the Quality Suites Toronto Airport for your working trip to Honduras. We do appreciate the time, energy and monetary commitments the individuals in this brigade make to others in need. It is our pleasure to help in any way we can. We hope to welcome you again.
Sincerely, Keri Walker, Director of Sales
Haliburton ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2010

My husband and I only stay here when we travel abroad, which is at least twice a year. The front end staff has always exceeded our expections with their friendliness and help. On one occasion the gentleman at the front desk actually walked us all the way to the Subway food store so we wouldn't get lost! If that isn't going above and beyond I don't know what is!! The restaurant is the same with their service, very friendly and also gave me free coffee to take back to our room when I forgot my wallet. We use to stay at the Terminal 3 hotel in the airport but it was almost $300 a night and we found that we enjoyed and slept just as well in the beds at the Quality Suites for half the price. We look forward to our stay here everytime we fly out of Toronto. Don't look anywhere else!!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are always delighted to receive such gracious feedback about our staff. Our staff takes a lot of pride in what they do and it is important to know their efforts do not go unnoticed. We really appreciate your feedback. Sincerely, Keri Walker, Director of Sales
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2010

We stayed here for one night on the stay-park-fly package. An excellent value, especially if you have an early morning flight like we did. The extended parking is on-site, a definite bonus. Shuttle to and from the airport was punctual. The hotel room was clean and comfortable. Overall, a good value.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Ajax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2010

We had an early morning flight so we checked in the evening before. The front desk was courteous, arranged a shuttle to the airport for us and assured us that our car would be safe in their parking lot until our return. We had a wonderful dinner in the restaurant and our room was very comfortable and spacious. The hotel was perfect as it is located less than 5 minutes from the airport and they provided parking and a free shuttle.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Suites Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!