“Disgusting!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #90 of 140 Hotels in Toronto
Red Deer, Canada
“Disgusting!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

To say that this hotel is disgusting would be an understatement. I travel and stay in hotels A Lot and have never seen anything like this. The room we stayed in (2 bedroom suite) had something splattered ALL over the walls, there was some sort of sticky goop all over the tv stand, lamp shades were both covered in yellow stains, bathroom ceiling also had yellow spots all over it and one of the night stands was covered in some sort of splatter. I have never written a review before and don't pay attention to reviews when I'm booking but I feel travellers should be aware that this hotel is absolutely filthy!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Grande Prairie, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel as a one night stop-over on our return from Europe before heading home to Alberta. We had booked a suite/smoking and although check-in was quick and smooth and the lobby appeared clean the room itself was absolutely filthy! The room smelled horrible, walls were covered with layers of yellow nicotine and in the bathroom, steam had left the walls, doors and ceiling streaked from all the nicotine. Disgusting! If you are going to offer the option of smoking rooms to your guests and charge the same amount of money for said rooms, then you can at least have the decency to clean them! Being a smoker does not mean I live or pay to stay in filth! I had read many, many reviews prior to booking this hotel and knew I was not booking a 5 star property but not one review reflected what we had experienced. Just be aware people, I think the rooms in this hotel are hit and miss and if you get a miss, demand a room change immediately!

Stayed May 2013
TonyS S, General Manager at Quality Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding our hotel. We appreciate the time and effort in sharing your experience because our focus is the guest. I wish I had the opportunity to speak to you while you were here in order to make sure your stay was as comfortable as you would expect. Please ask for me the next time you check in, I’d love to meet you and make sure your stay is an enjoyable one.

Ingersoll, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I have used this facility several times over the past few months. 2 times for over night stays and once for an Executive Board Meeting. Each of the times the staff exceeded my expectations. The service was prompt, courteous and professional. The breakfast that was served in the Hotel restaurant was fabulous. The lunch during the meeting was plentiful and a great selection. The room was spacious, clean and more than satisfactorily equipped.

I would highly recommend this facility for both business meetings as well as over night stays for conferences / trade shows in the area, as well as flying out from Toronto Airport. (Free shuttle service)

Room Tip: The rooms that I have stayed in do not have a great view; however the Hotel is well insulated and yo...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
TonyS S, General Manager at Quality Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
We appreciate your patronage and for taking the time to review our property. It sounds as if you had a very enjoyable stay!

Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Recent visit to this property was disappointing. The service and the condition of the rooms are deplorable.The buffet is in the evenings is absolutely terrible. A front desk staff member expressed that the property now caters to discounted websites such as groupon therefore what do you expect.
If your still brave enough to stay here do not park in the multi-level parking otherwiise you may find it broken into or worse missing. there are many other places on the strip with better value for the same money shame on Choice hotels for this is not up to Quality stanndards.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
We are very sorry to read about your experience at our hotel. First and foremost, there is never an excuse. An experience like this is not indicative of our hotel, its service and quality that we strive for. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and we look forward to proving our best.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We got a deal on Groupon with a night and 14 days parking, so we parked the car for a trip to Mexico. The area is remote, nothing around, need to drive 5-10 mns for restaurant. There is a nite but we did not try.
The hotel is decent, we got a suite on the 1stnight, and a regular room on the return night.
The suite is very nice with separate room, and kitchen area, but the regular room is small and standard. Service is ok, cleanliness good.
The shuttle is very convenient, it comes every 15 mns, and make sure you ask for the vouchers BOTH way. The ride is 5-10 mns.
I will definitely stay there if I am going on a trip and need parking, with a deal.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
The Quality Suites Toronto Airport appreciates you taking the time to review our property. We are pleased to know our location, friendly service and cleanliness met all your expectations. We hope for the opportunity to welcome you back to the Quality Suites Toronto Airport hotel.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed there for only one night last weekend (September 21, 2013) and it was enough! The old and dirty carpets smell really bad. Don't even think about coming to this hotel if you have any minor allergy.
The forniture is outdated, the pillows were ridicouslly small and the hotel does not offer any kind of amenities but a slow wi-fi and a very simple restaurant that I used only for the also very simple breakfast (US$ 6,99 + Tax).
Tho only advantage is the proximity to the airport, but there might be other options around that worth a deeper search, which I didn't...

Room Tip: Be sure they are really non-smoking...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your candor and honesty in your review of your stay with us. It appears we are doing some things well, and your comments will help us improve in other areas. We hope to see you again when travelling in our neighbourhood.

Vienna, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Do you want average? This is the place. Nothing terribly bad but absolutely nothing memorable.

My room was clean but furnished in mostly grey, rather blah. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom fine. Kitchenette a bit crammed but OK. Hall carpets were stained and the stairs to the lobby were rough and opened through two awkward doors that took you across a service hallway.

Two room problems that I had to alert the desk about: One wall light over the chesterfield was missing a knob to turn it on. The bathroom sink hot water delayed flowing when you turned it on, then suddenly gushed like a fire hose spraying my pants. They did fix these promptly but it should have been discovered and handled before I checked in.

The shuttle service to the airport was good, twice per hour, driver friendly (get free ticket at the desk).

They have a Grafitti's restaurant attached. I did the Italian buffet one night. At $17 it was reasonable until you tried the various pasta dishes that tasted two hours old, even though I caught it at the start. Too much cheese in everything. Not a lot of variety. The buffet breakfast was equally uninspiring. I have eaten at another Grafitti's connected to a Holiday Inn Express and it was superb. This one doesn't try very hard.

It feels like a place where they have invested a bunch of money to renovate but still need to sink in a bunch more.

One other thing. I called the hotel to book and, because there was a backlog, was swung over to Hotels.com without anyone telling me. I booked there, believing all the time it was the QS reservation person. The Hotels.com person never let on that this was the QS.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
TonyS S, General Manager at Quality Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
I would like to offer my apologies for your accommodations experience. I am disappointed that you were provided with a suite that was clearly not maintained to our standards. We are always striving to do our best for our guests and your comments will make sure we do that.

Quality Suites Toronto Airport

Been to Quality Suites Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!