“Monday Night Stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #89 of 140 Hotels in Toronto
Hamilton, Canada
“Monday Night Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Decor is dated, the pumbing noisy, and the ventilation system annoying.
It took a very long time for the hot water to start in the shower.
Front desk staff were likely very tired as it was difficult for her to be cordial.
I'll avoid this particular hotel in future.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Tony S, Manager at Quality Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for your candid review of the Quality Suites Hotel. It is always a disappointment to hear of a guest that was not satisfied with their stay.

I apologize that you were having trouble obtaining hot water from the shower, I trust after it was reported that our Maintenance Manager was able to repair the issue.

I assure you that if you give our hotel another try in the future, you will find that the issues you were encountered with are no longer.

Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Saint Thomas, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This hotel room was DISGUSTING!!

At first glance it didn't seem so bad... maybe a little outdated. However, once we checked out the room a bit more I was more and more disgusted.

There was a mini fridge and microwave. The mini fridge didn't work so we pulled it out to see if maybe it wasn't plugged in. When we pulled it out we noticed a huge hole in the wall. We had noticed a slight odour when walking into the room originally but we did not expect to be overwhelmed by it when opening the microwave. The microwave itself wasn't that current which didn't really bother me but it smelled like someone had taken two packs of cigarettes, soaked them in a bowl of water, and then cooked them.

Taking a closer look around the rest of the room and bathroom I noticed that almost every wall had some type of (what was now orange) splashes on the walls and doors. Some of the electrical outlets were broken (which I'm pretty sure wouldn't pass inspection) and the vents were dusty.

There were no extra blankets anywhere in the room and the windows let in cold air even when they were closed. Our room was also right by the dumpster so I was woken up at 4:30 in the morning by the truck crashing around.

Other than those issues we found the staff there really respectful and professional.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Your feedback is welcome at the Quality Suites hotel. Although we are always disappointed to hear that someone's stay was not to their satisfaction, we appreciate knowing what the issues are that you experienced so that we can take the appropriate steps to correct them.

I have shared your findings with our Maintenance Manager so that he can take action to repair the items you identified.

I certainly hope that if your in the area again you will give us the chance to provide a better stay this time.

Toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Sheets were stained, service was poor at best. Lights in part of the room did not work. The shower was absolutely terrible! Do not provide robes. Uncomfortable bed and despite my husbands attempt to change the temperature for our infant the room remained far too cold. We never plan on staying here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Tony S, Manager at Quality Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share you comments about your stay with us at the Quality Suites. I'm very sorry to hear that you and your family experienced such a negative stay at our property. I have passed on your findings to both our Housekeeping and Maintenance Managers for follow up.

It's our goal that all our guests have a wonderful stay, I am very sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay. I look forward to having you and your family stay with us again and this time make a better impression.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here, The front desk superviser and her team where very helpful, friendly smiles and great customer service. Even though the rest. Was closed when I got there in the evening, they where able to direct me to the closest rest. In and around the area. I saved on parking and breakfest no hassel, as most hotels would charge you, plus my stay was nice as they put me up on the 10th floor, great view of the airport. I would recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed September 2012
Tony S, Manager at Quality Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you for taknig the time to share your comments about the Quality Suites Toronto Airport Hotel. We are glad you found our property fit your needs and that are staff was welcoming and friendly.

We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

pefferlaw
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

FRONT DESK STAFF
- printed a map and directions for me, since im not from here (very helpful)
- Very friendly and helpful
- at check in the lobby was busyyyy, they greated every guest with a smile, and took the time to explain resturant hours, where the gym and bussiness centre where and asked for wake up calls.
- they are a very suited team, each play off the other and make the front desk a little fun, w/ lots of laughter.
- at check out, we where asked if they could make an future reservations for us, we werent planning on staying when we returned, but the stay was really amazing that we decided to come back and let our girls vacation last one more day.

ROOM
- HUGE!!!
- could be updated but comfortable, and cozzy.
- king bed
- queen pull out sofa

RESTURANT
- comp. hot breakfast ... GREAT DEAL !
- the food was actually really good.

HOUSEKEEPING
- very friendly
- in the morning we need towels and the housekeeper brough some to our room, which was a big help!

Park and fly package is what they called it... LIFE SAVER ... you can park your car there for a week, breakfast included, shuttle included, and huge suite. Parking was little tricky with the hotel being busy, so we parked off site. Usually im a little nervous about that, but it is directly next door which didnt make me so nervous.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay. We are glad you stayed at the Quality Suites Toronto Airport Hotel, and very happy you had such a nice experience.

Muskoka District, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

For $100 can't complain much. The room was very clean. The bed was comfortable. The room is spacious and the bathrooms pristine. The parking is awful. I went shopping and came back twice to find the parking garage 110% full (people were parking in illegal spaces). I waited 20 minutes for someone to leave (and stalked them). The breakfast was the worst freeby I've ever had......dry toast, scrambled eggs, greasy bacon and no milk for the tea. no yogurts, oatmeal, fruit or muffins. The hotel was loaded I don't understand why they couldn't put out for a better breakfast. . If you're travelling with kids be careful in the elevator. The one elevator attacked me, the elevator should stop when detecting an arm in the way but it didn't and could have really crushed a child. We ran the fan/air conditioner and didn't hear the airplanes or hall noises. And finally the cleaning lady knocked on the door at 8:10......8:10......be sure to put out the 'do not disturb sign' if you are not getting up early.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your comments about our hotel. We are very glad you found our rooms to be both clean and spacious. I'm very sorry that you had trouble finding a parking space during your stay. A large meeting in the hotel was the result of the limited space and again I'm very sorry for the incoveniences the parking issues might have caused.

We are also glad to communicate that our elevators are again working properly.

Memphis TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

This hotel is clean, neat, spacious, and a great value. Very close to the airport, yet you don't hear the jets. We had seen a very good rate online and we didn't know you had to book online. So, when we checked in, the receptionist reduced the room rate to within $5 of the rate we had seen online, and gave us free parking. The breakfast - free also! - is good - hot food and cold items. I would stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Tony S, Manager at Quality Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay. We are glad you stayed with the Quality Suites Toronto Airport Hotel, and very happy you had such a nice experience.
Are hot breakfast every morning is a hit with many of our guests and I'm glad you have the chance to take advatange of it!

Rooms Division Manager

Been to Quality Suites Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!