“Excellent Stay, Great Deal, Great Service” 5 of 5 stars

Stay for Breakfast
Ranked #35 of 140 Hotels in Toronto
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ontario
“Excellent Stay, Great Deal, Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2009

I'm normally pretty picky when it comes to hotels and accomodations. After we were able to pick up the hotel off Priceline for $118, we weren't expecting what we got...

First off, we showed up early, and I figured there was no way of an early check-in (noon), but to my surprise, the very friendly woman at the desk found us a room within minutes and we were checked in very quckly.

The room is very large for the price we paid. The room has been beautifully renovated recently, with a very stylish bathroom. 40" Plasma screen, and wireless internet.

The location of the hotel is as good as it gets for Yorkville.

We will definitely be returning to the hotel any time we need to be in that area!

Make sure you do some looking through the different online sites and get yourself a good bargain. It is well worth it!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Hamilton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2009

The only downside is that you have to go down to the lobby to get a free wireless connection. This surprises me because most hotels have free wireless or wired connection in their rooms. Maybe this could be their next upgrade. A young lady at the front desk was totally stressed out but she did her best to give us a good service.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2009

The hotel's location is the big selling point for this property. It is right above one of Toronto's busy subway stations and surrounded by shops, restaurants and attractions. Inside there is a pleasant enough lobby and adjacent to it the Matisse restaurant. Having said all this however I have to say that my stay wasn't as pleasant as I would have liked. When comparing it to stays at the Marriott Copenhagen and the Jw Marriot Grand Lakes orlando, it fell a bit short of expectations. I'm a Marriott rewards member and generally favour this chain above the others for its customer service across properties but at this stay it was not up to par. I am a blind guest who requires a tad more attention when staying at a hotel and while this Marriott did assist me; I felt like I was being tolerated rather then being viewed as a valued guest. My room although large was a room for a wheelchair user; I guess blind/ wheelchair its all a disability to the front desk and gave me this room. I in turned asked for a regular room but when I said I was staying only one night, the manager stated the hotel was full. Yeah right, maybe so but as a Marriott rewards member they could have tried a little harder. There was nothing really wrong with the room but I would have prefered a bathtub rather then a walk in shower. Other then that minor quibble the room was comfortable and rather large. It had two sitting areas, two queen size beds, the vaunted 42 inch flat screen TV I didn't actually measure it and even a fridge which I had requested prier to arriving. It also had the plate of chocolate truffles and fruit which I requested prier as well. I guess for one night it wasn't bad. There was also a coffee maker and safe which were easy to use even for someone who is completely blind.

I had a great meal at the restaurant Matisse which was rather quite affordable. My waiter offered to read the menu although by his tone it sounded like he wasn't thrilled to do so. The restaurant wasn't full at all so I wasn't holding him up in any way. It was the little things like these that really got to me. When i requested an escort upon chekc out, I was told I had to wait and to call back in ten minutes. Screw that and headed out myself. I wanted to try the fitness centre but time did not permit that in the end. I was told it was good with a sauna and changing facilities. Check out was a tad frustrating as the woman couldnt' get her printer to work. I merely wanted the bill read out to me and have each charge itemized. I did get this in the end. I guess to sum it up, while there was customer service it felt it was carried out by automatons rather then flesh and blood employees who were happy to be working in this profession. I would recommend this hotel if nothing else for the location but don't expect much. Maybe the second time round will be a diffrent experience for me.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

pros:
room was much more than expected and it had pretty much everything.

cons:
pricey
rooms service screwed up breakfast
location & parking a mess (construction may have contributed to the problem)

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2009

We stayed at this hotel the beginning of August for a weekend. The location is brilliant, right over a Mall and the subway..I would suggest Tim Hortons right around the block for coffee!! Delicious..We were on the 5th floor and the room was large and very very clean..One King sized bed with great flat screen TV..

We would stay here again in a heartbeat. but one note is that there is some major construction going on at the moment that can be a little troublesome but will be over with soon!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2009

A little gem in Yorkville, a delightful Toronto neighborhood with lovely cafes, restaurants and shopping. Excellent service and warm, attentive staff. Large rooms. Surprisingly good restaurant. Wonderful location. Excellent (although pricey) internet connection in room. Overall, a great value.

Only drawback: construction in the neighborhood and right in front of hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Atlanta, Ga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2009

This was my first visit to Toronto and this hotel was very nice. I normally stay at Marriott properties when vacationing (just a personal preference), and this hotel was definitely up to par. It was very clean and stylish on the inside. It is located right above the subway, which can be a bit noisy at times but is great for getting around. It wasn't too bad though- I didn't lose any sleep:). The staff was superb!!! Very personable and informative. Thanks Wayne and Geoff! Overall this hotel has a great location, great staff, and nice clean rooms. I didn't try the restaurant, although it looked nice. There are so many great spots within walking distance and the subway is right there if you need to get anywhere else.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Toronto Marriott Bloor Yorkville Hotel? Share your experiences!