“Good business choice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
Los Angeles, California
“Good business choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

The hotel was recommended by a colleague for my business trip to Toronto. It was located directly across the street from the company I was visiting and, as I'm also a Marriott loyalty member, it made sense. I had a room on the Concierge floor and my colleagues and I took full advantage of the Concierge lounge both morning & afternoon. I grabbed a bagel and some eggs before meetings in the morning and made myself a cocktail in the afternoon. We even had a quick meeting there, as a group, one afternoon to discuss the day's learnings.

The hotel is MASSIVE. I asked for a room away from the elevator and it was seriously about a 5 minute walk to get to my room around a circular floor plan! The room was quiet, nicely appointed and the bed was comfortable. The bar downstairs is somewhat small & it was completely crowded the night we were there. There was only one waitress working and she could hardly keep up with demand. The hotel staff were all very kind & helpful and I received extra pillows within minutes after I called Housekeeping for them.

The hotel is walking distance to a ton of restaurants and shopping as well as a short cab ride from even more. It's a good location and I would probably stay there again, honestly, even with the ho-hum decor.

Room Tip: If you stay on the Concierge floor, ask for a room away from the elavator -- otherwise, you will hea...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Pasco, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

stayed four nights at the Bloor st Marriott. For a full-service Marriott I found this one below par. I had much much better service and value at the Marriott just down the street at the Eaton Center on Bay.

Room keys didn't work, insufficient (as in defective) internet service, defective ice machines, can't take a drink from the bar to your room, couldn't get assistance for a taxi. for a platinum member like me this is disappointing... those are the kind of things I left Hilton (was diamond)... couldn't even get a bottle of water at the desk upon check in

The hotel is nice, great location at the corner of the trendy younge & bloor. room are nicely appointed.

would I stay here again ? probably not

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
DirGuestCare, Guest Relations Manager at Toronto Marriott Bloor Yorkville Hotel, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. This is certainly not the service that we pride ourselves on. Our internet has recently been upgraded hence we would be interested in further comments if your time permits. This can be directed to me at the hotel. Best Regards, Susan Anderson
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

The staff were very accommodating to help me setup an important surprise for my partner. They really helped me with suggestions and arranged various generous items in the room for me ahead of time.

The staff were very friendly and the room was very spacious. The location is excellent!

I would stay here again, no question! I strongly recommend this hotel to visitors/local residents too!

Thank you again for a great stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Location was handy to ROM where we were attending a wedding reception. Easy off street access from Bloor Street and reasonable valet parking with price noted up front takes all the worry out of downtown parking. Check in quick and efficient and even our request at time of reservation to be close to elevator was met. Everything was great. Thanks......

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Spent a summer long weekend with friends here. Our room was extremely spacious and had a view of the courtyard, so it was very quiet. Everything in the room was clean and comfortable. Location is fantastic as it is next-door to the subway station where the two main lines intersect. If you really listen carefully you may hear subtle subway noise from your room, but it never interrupted my sleep and the A/C unit was able to block out that noise. Parking was reasonably priced for the weekend (cost about $33 total from Friday through Sunday), and is cheaper from the lot behind the hotel (Asquith Avenue) than the one right on Bloor St. The gym, while small, is very clean with a well-stocked bathroom and showers. Local amenities are rich with abundant shopping & dining in the Yorkville district adjacent. My main complaint is the fee for wi-fi - come on, it's the 21st century, this should be free.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is an excellent hotel to stay in while in Toronto. It is a prime location close to everything you need (including a subway station in the same bldg).
The staff and service is just perfect with very comfortable and clean rooms. The only bad thing that happened during my stay was the fire alarm bell at 3:30am, I have read that they are facing such an issue with their fire alarm.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Bridgewater, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel was on the higher price side of the hotels in Toronto however it's location is perfect for getting to anywhere in the city. The subway is right downstairs. You don't even have to exit the building. We were a few minutes walk from some great restaurants ( I recommend the little crepe place on Yorkville near Yonge St.- spectacular) and lots of bookstores. It's close to great small shops, museums, the Toronto Reference Library ... and much more.

The rooms were clean and average size. The lobby was not large with only a few places to sit. This was an issue as there was a charge for in room internet use so everyone that wanted to use the internet on their laptop was sitting in the lobby or the bar. They offer 30 minutes of free internet use on their computer in the lobby but I don't like entering my passwords on computer that I don't have administrator right.

I had read reviews for this hotel where they said the staff was rude. That could not be further from the truth. I found the staff to be friendly, very nice, helpful, very attentive and always made sure to recognize that I was there even if just walking through the lobby.

Parking was expensive. We self parked in the parking garage attached to the hotel. We arrived on Tuesday afternoon around 3:00 PM, left the car there until Friday morning when we spent the day at the Toronto Zoo and then returned Friday evening. We left Saturday morning and the total cost for the 5 days was $90. If we had chosen to use their valet service the cost would have been $35 a day totaling $175.

We found that many of the hotel in Toronto charge for internet and parking so that is something to expect. We would stay in this hotel again if we return to Toronto however we most likely would shop around for someplace more affordable and maybe closer to the Harbor area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Toronto Marriott Bloor Yorkville Hotel? Share your experiences!