“I Love It!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Yorkville

Yorkville
Bordered by Avenue Rd. | Yonge and Bloor Sts., and Yorkville Ave., Toronto, Ontario, Canada (Downtown Toronto)
Improve this listing
Toronto City Hop-on Hop-off Tour
Ranked #59 of 614 things to do in Toronto
Activities: Shopping, Dining
More attraction details
Owner description: Formerly populated by Bohemians and hippies, this gentrified neighborhood now contains a variety of posh stores and boutiques.
Toronto, Canada
11 attraction reviews
“I Love It!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I've known Yorkville since the coffee house days of the 60's. I've seen it grow into an area of posh shops, restaurants, quaint alleyways, & more coffee 'houses' or cafes, as we now call them.

If you don't have the "big bucks" you can still enjoy a few hours browsing the shops & then rest your feet at the terrific city garden with a hotdog from a street vendor or at a coffee & treat at a sidewalk cafe. I worked just a few blocks away for 17 years. I'd love spending my lunch hour there.....people watching.......rarley a "star"; but pedestrians are a parade of world travellers.

Like my mother before me, I love to go to the high-end shops & see what's current in fashion.......then I'll buy the "au courrant" at the discount shops. If you have a need for a little touch of Europe, there is nothing like eating on a patio. A few of the restaurants (& there is every kind imaginable in the area) have patios with heaters so you can enjoy the patio even in the cooler months.

If your feet need a long rest, there is a small movie theatre (almost adjacent to the Four Seasons Hotel) where you can hide away with an interesting, edgey movie.

I don't have a favorite place any more; as another reviewer said, it's pricey. But it's not the shopping or the food, it's the ambiance that brings me back time after time. I live in the suburbs; but I'm a downtown girl. If I could chose any place in the city to live, it would be the Bloor/Yorkville area.......everything is within walking distance, including the subway.

BTW If I wre a viisitor, I would get a hotel in the area....The Intercontinental, The Four Seasons, The Park Hyatt & down by Yonge St, the name slips my mind, but it's part of The Bay shopping complex.

Yorkville has something to offer the four-season traveller: a summer stroll with an ice cream cone; a sunny autumn day at a siewalk cafe; a nightime winter stoll to window shop among the twinkling street lights; and in the spring, anything is possible. It's a great place to dream.

Visited November 2012

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“It ain't what it used to be!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I used to go to Yorkville to people watch, but not anymore. Though Yorkville still has its boutique stores, those in the know are visiting other areas in town for their shopping including Yorkdale, Yonge & Lawrence, Bayview Village, and Don Mills Centre. More of a place to be seen, but given the shift of hotels to the south, times may be changing.

Visited December 2012
3 attraction reviews
“I think yorkville is overrated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

I visited yorkville in december and there was nothing going on around the area. I kept hearing this is the place to go but i was dissapointed . There are some really good stores along bloor street and everything is big bucks and good quality .i will have to go in the summer to see some action

Toronto, Canada
17 attraction reviews
“Worth a visit.....sort of!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

In my opinion, Yorkville is highly over rated unless you idea of fun is over paying for food and shopping, and sitting around to see if you can catch a glimpse of someone famous....so ya, not my idea of fun!

That being said, if you like window shopping, seeing nice cars, and feel like a cappuccino on the patio, Yorkville is a great place to visit. Nightlife in the summer isn't bad either, but again, generally upscale and over priced.

Visited May 2012
Thornhill, Ontario, Canada
24 attraction reviews
“A little European feel...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

This is the rich area of Toronto (not the only one but one of the coolest...) it is small, but you browse around the fashion stores where they sell a pair of short for $1000 (I know I saw one and decided not to try it on hehe) A few movie stars were spotted there when the movie festival comes in town. They have a lot of restaurants, pubs and resto-bar. For dessert? You have to try Carole's Cheesecakes! With a coffee to wash it down...hum, delicious! OH...they also have some ice sculpture exposition in winter time.

Visited August 2012